Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ozark [Netflix] (***SPOILERS***)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

walshb wrote: »
    Going by her funny walk?

Her posture, her frame....

• Registered Users Posts: 54,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

khaldrogo wrote: »
    Her posture, her frame....

Yes...she has a bit of an odd posture, walk and gait....leans over and waddles..

Don't matter.....still a peach!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,452 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I really loved this season but something tells me they may have (or may not) wasted an absolute amazing character ,

To be fair I also felt at the end of season 2 they killed to many good characters but then this season was great

They really are not afraid to get rid of people are they ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Maybe Marty has a brother we've never heard of who they can base an entire season around.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,452 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

walshb wrote: »
    Yes...she has a bit of an odd posture, walk and gait....leans over and waddles..

Don't matter.....still a peach!!!!

A peach really ?

I was only saying to my missus its the one show on telly with no stunning looking women , Wendy the best of the bunch and she's hardly stunning,

Again this is a good thing as it doesn't need to cheapen the product ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

A peach really ?

I was only saying to my missus its the one show on telly with no stunning looking women , Wendy the best of the bunch and she's hardly stunning,

The one from the blue cat would be my favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 17,574 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any takers for big Helen?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Ah yeah she has a certain appeal aswell but did she ever wear anything except those big trousers?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

A peach really ?

Yes, very attractive girl...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,082 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hands like shovels.

• Advertisement

I really loved this season but something tells me they may have (or may not) wasted an absolute amazing character , .....

Anyone familiar with the tv series Banshee will have known already what an amazing actor Tom Pelphry(sp) is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Anyone familiar with the tv series Banshee will have known already what an amazing actor Tom Pelphry(sp) is.

he was also in iron fist

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »
    he was also in iron fist

The less said about that tripe the better.......

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Episode 9, wow!!
    Both Laura and Tom knocked it out of the park.

MICKEYG wrote: »
    Episode 9, wow!!
    Both Laura and Tom knocked it out of the park.

Watched that one myself last night and it was very good
    Got halfway through episode 10 and went to bed, it seems very dull after 9 but no doubt it’s building up to a massive ending
    Helen is getting on my nerves now, she thinks she can launder money and get rid of Marty and co, she was better off not living in the ozarks imo

What an ending that was, couldn’t help but laugh

I have not felt a pain in my soul watching any performance since Stephen Graham in The Virutes last year. That changed last night, probably the most gut punching portrayal of mental illness I've ever seen. The only one I can think of that came close was Peter Greene in the movie Clean,Shaven. Tom Pelphrey had me going from annoyance at him to being virtually in tears, a monumental turn from him.

My favourite season so far, fcuking loving it and dying for more.

He was brilliant in Banshee too, so it begs the question "Just how $hit was the direction on Iron Fist?"

And if you are not familiar with Banshee, cop the fvck on and treat yourself. Now that would be a show I would love to see, for the first time, during the lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Gave up on this a few years ago when it first aired..

But having watched them all in the 2 weeks, I regret it.

Such a great show.. Laura Linney's performance this year (in episode 9 particularly) deserves all the awards going.

Also -
    Wyatt and Darlene.. that's just all a bit vomit inducing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Binged through the 3 seasons in a week.

Julia Garner was easily my favourite. She had a small role in The Americans which I loved as well.

I have looked online and apart from the shock of the storyline there is not much being said about the filming etc about the Charlie Tahan/Lisa Emery “thing”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,198 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Whens season 4 ?

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Whens season 4 ?

Series 4 won’t be around until next year at the earliest
    Covid19 will slow down many of a favourite tv programmes

• Just started Season 1, four episodes in. It's very good indeed. The perfect thing to watch after 'Better Call Saul' season 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭Barna77

Jesus Christ, episode 9!

Barna77 wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, episode 9!
    Yep, it's a belter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

What are people's thoughts on Jonah and
    the shotgun scene with Helen
    ? He could be a wildcard now

All the killing that has gone on with that show and I am still traumitized by
    Wyatt going balls deep into Darlene
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Finished Season 3. Love it. Was an early viewer of Ozark. Those that compared it and dismissed it after one episode or compared it to that other overrated TV show are missing out. Imagine quitting after 1 or 2 episodes, you wouldn't even know who Ruth Langmore is. I think the show is as good as Fargo TV series, and a top-10 how - not in The Sopranos or The Wire or Boardwalk Empire leagues but close up there. In it's genre, it's one of the best.

Anyway spoiler talk next:
    Was hard to see Helen go. She was a great character and superbly acting. What soften blow that Ben and Helen got whacked is that they were becoming infuriating. I started to hate both of them. It's one of those shows that I just want Marty, Weny and Ruth to succeed. Marty does some bad things but he's never too unlikable like other characters in TV shows compared with Ozark.

Was happy to see Ben get whacked. He was such a liability. And I don't mind characters being killed off at all. That's the life. Thats what happens and it only means that if they can bring in good characters and kills them, they can bring in good characters again

Love that Bateman directs too.

Bateman is now a filmmaker to me. He's not an actor anymore. A fine filmmaker too.

Anyway spoiler talk next:

Was happy to see Ben get whacked.

But that was an open ended question,
    Did we actually see Ben get killed? NO. We just saw a body going into the crematorium. I think there was a side deal done there hence why we actually see Helen geting killed

• Advertisement

But that was an open ended question,
    Did we actually see Ben get killed? NO. We just saw a body going into the crematorium. I think there was a side deal done there hence why we actually see Helen geting killed
    If you don’t see someone get killed on screen, then it probably didn’t happen..

Wouldn’t be suprised if he turns up next year tbh.

Advertisement