Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ozark [Netflix] (***SPOILERS***)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭ollkiller

If Tom Pelphrey dosent get an Emmy for that performance it'll be a travesty. Nailed it.

Good season that got better as it went on. What happened in episode 9. I haven't got as angry watching a show in a long time. Absolutely heart breaking. And I hope the person that instigated it meets the most horrific end imaginable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Cannot stand Ruth. Always whinging and swearing just gets so annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Andrew00 wrote: »

She’s been a great addition to the main cast imo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,623 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Very good character and the perfect person to help Marty with his laundering, they could hardly use someone meek like the funeral home bloke that’s so boring I can’t even remember his name

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ruth is a refreshing dose of reality compared to Marty and Wendy's falseness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I really had little love for the first 2 seasons, certainly not as much as others did. Don't get me wrong, I obviously enjoyed it - but I always found myself getting distracted, unlike with something like Better Call Saul for example.

But season 3 was a big step up for me!

And episode 9 was just an emotional rollercoaster of an episode. What a truly phenomenal portrayal and deserves all of the awards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Just finished!!
    Have to agree with the positive comments in the last few pages here. Best season for me. Episodes 9&10 were excellent. Bens performance was outstanding! Actually feel all the characters are cast well! Mad for more now...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,259 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Just finished!!
    Have to agree with the positive comments in the last few pages here. Best season for me. Episodes 9&10 were excellent. Bens performance was outstanding! Actually feel all the characters are cast well! Mad for more now...

Season 1 great , 2 good, 3 ok, last scene 3 great. Bring on next season

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭earlytobed

Great season 3
    Last scene... Boom...was not expecting that!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,584 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I agree..they lay it on a bit too thick with her character.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,259 ✭✭✭✭ted1

walshb wrote: »
    I agree..they lay it on a bit too thick with her character.....

I think she’s great. Complete trailer Park Trash. Absolutely nailed it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ruth is loud and vulgar, but she's also fiercely intelligent and pragmatic; she's like the shouty, Missouri cousin of Boyd Crowder (though he was a quieter, more contemplative "villain").

ted1 wrote: »
    I think she’s great. Complete trailer Park Trash. Absolutely nailed it.

I get that. I just think they overplay it...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,443 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Finished season 3, loved it! :)
    More than a hint that one death didn't actually happen

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Ooooo ooooph

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭ollkiller

I was thinking that too but thought they would have revealed it at the end and not leave it till next season to reveal.

Thought so too.

At best you could say they left it highly ambiguous ;)

Guys, you’re killing me...

I went through all the deaths. One possibly stands out, but I could be very wrong...

Let me know via PM or put in spoiler tags..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

I went through all the deaths. One possibly stands out, but I could be very wrong...

Ben

Ben

He did cross my mind...

It just doesn't add up for me...

What reasons do people have for this, do you think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

He did cross my mind...

There are plenty of lawyers in the world but there is only one Wendy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Yes, me too please? I’ll make no apologies I watched while hsving high temps

He did cross my mind...

You never see him being assassinated.

You never see the body. You see a body wrapped up. (Ruth could have asked to see)

Marty Byrd's reaction is so ambivalent (even for him) and curious in relation to it (like he knows something important and is keeping it from Wendy).

Wyatt telling Ruth very specifically and pointedly to not believe everything she hears in relation to it (this a kind of message to the audience i'd say).

The emphasis given to Ben explaining he wants to get to Knoxville so he can "lay low".

But mostly Marty's reaction for me.

I really love that as Helen and the hired gun are watching the car sink she says "If you ever get word....let me know?" and he says "Absolutely" and then he just pops her in the head at the end of the season without saying a word like it's nothing.

Use spoiler tags!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭jj880

J. Marston wrote: »

Ffs

Shít, my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Does Julia Garner have any sort of scoliosis???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Re the previous couple of speculative quotes - Season 3 spoilers within.
    I dont see how this could feasibly be the case, the time lines do not add up and would be completely out of kilter with anything we have seen of Navarro. Marty would have to get to Navarro and somehow convince him to have Nelson not kill Ben, what reasons would he have for this, he had already agreed to give control of everything to Helen. Marty getting the FBI to go after the rival cartel leader happened after the whole Ben thing, yes? Unless Darlene was somehow able to get to Navarro and arrange something? Martys reaction is and always has been his reaction to everything. The only time I can recall him being anything other than measured was when he was being held captive and the heavy metal was blaring for a few hours.

I'd have to rewatch the last two episodes again but it would make no sense. The fact that Bens death or body were not shown for me was the right call, the death of a character often carries MORE weight when its not explicitly shown.

I will be absolutely sickened if he turns out not to be dead. It was some of the most powerful television I've ever watched, the entire arc of Ben and his powerhouse portrayal in episodes 8 and 9 would be pissed away and irreparably cheapened by having a convoluted plot around him not being dead.

• Advertisement

khaldrogo wrote: »
    Does Julia Garner have any sort of scoliosis???

Going by her funny walk?

Advertisement