Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭kyote00

Probably owns stock in the companies that supply it
    Trump - "What do you have to lose?" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Strazdas wrote: »
    The Govt were right about this. Towns acting unilaterally were completely ignoring the advice of the Govt and the CMO.....totally the wrong thing to do in the middle of a pandemic and sending out the wrong message.

The Govt specifically told these towns further guidelines were on the way imminently and to wait for the official advice.

And the CMOs advice on nursing home visits?

Seriously, a lot of experts have been caught out during this pandemic giving very bad advice both here and elsewhere. Eg uncontrolled herd immunity in the UK.

No amount of revisionism can change this.

The belief in the infallibility of experts has not for the first time being undermined.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭briany

Maestro85 wrote: »
    I think Ivanka Trump should run for presidency. Now there is a woman I could get behind plus she has name recognition.

We could all get behind Ivanka, but it's nothing to do with her being a good presidential candidate. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

maebee wrote: »
    I came home from a late evening walk to the news about BoJo being taken to hospital. My first thought was "Karma" but "on mature reflection" I wouldn't wish for him to be on a ventilator tonight.

If your first thought when hearing that anyone at all (apart from a monster) that has been sick has been taken to hospital in an ambulance on a Sunday night is “karma” then you probably need to have a bit of a think about things.
    He’s somebodies son somebody’s brother somebody’s father and the father of an unborn child. That’s all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Watching the US press conferences is something else. They go on and on and on, a couple of hours, but with very little info. Trump standing around like a goon spouting off generalisations. The doctors speak sense but are then completely undermined by the buffoon in charge. The people earlier saying our press conference was unprofessional should pay attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭deaglan1

The Reverend Donald Trump giving a blessing to us all

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

threeball wrote: »
    Don't know how Fauci sticks him. Birx is a bit of a kiss ass but Fauci has no time for his sh1t.

He knows how critical it is to retain some influence. He's doing it for the good of the country, and he's getting a hell of a lot of credit for bringing some sense to the approach of Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Anyone know anything about this test Trump keeps going on about that gives a result in like 15 minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

deaglan1 wrote: »
    "Erythromycin kills certain things you don't want living" President Trump just now.
    It is for treating STD'S

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

owlbethere wrote: »
    What I'm getting from your reply here is maybe the treatment for this is early oxygen therapy. If this is it, how will people be treated early with oxygen when for the most part, many people will have to battle this at home before they are seen by any medical professional.

Germany do this, they get people on oxygen earlier as per the article posted a while ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Trump looking at the stats that don't lie and the women speaking sense. I don't even know what to say.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

fritzelly wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about this test Trump keeps going on about that gives a result in like 15 minutes?

Developed by a company called Abbot in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭threeball

It is for treating STD'S

He probably has plenty of experience with it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

easypazz wrote: »
    Why should he get a ban?

What he says is correct, bojo has made a balls of this.

So he deserves to be on a ventilator because he took the expert medical and scientific advice offered to him? Are you sure about that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

More scaremongering bollox

Get real, wake up to what's happening around you, will you? What makes you think Ireland is going great?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

fritzelly wrote: »

Well its been developed by Abbott who have operations in Ireland, so if its as good as he says we should get access to it here.

But knowing trump its probably a bit like a home breathalyzer, it gives an idea but not particularily accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭kyote00

Abbot also have very (very) large site in Ireland....

A few days ago, Trump showed the testing device - held it upside down and then put it the wrong way round on the table

Stheno wrote: »
    Developed by a company called Abbot in the
    US

• Registered Users Posts: 16,252 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Beasty wrote: »
    He knows how critical it is to retain some influence. He's doing it for the good of the country, and he's getting a hell of a lot of credit for bringing some sense to the approach of Trump

I saw a Trump adviser on (I think) foreign policy quoted off the record recently about his situation. He said it was a struggle to get Trump to pay any heed but "I'd rather it was me in there advising him than Alex Jones or somebody."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Biden and the Democrats are all over the place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEzZCpyBnVE

Tim Pool
    Trump Just NUKED Biden From Orbit Over Mental Decline, Politicizing Crisis BACKFIRES On Democrats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭maebee

• Advertisement

Well its been developed by Abbott who have operations in Ireland, so if its as good as he says we should get access to it here.

But knowing trump its probably a bit like a home breathalyzer, it gives an idea but not particularily accurate.

That's why I'm curious about it - if it's so great why aren't they mass selling this worldwide
    Found the RTE article on it
    https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0328/1126943-coronavirus-lab-test/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

owlbethere wrote: »
    What I'm getting from your reply here is maybe the treatment for this is early oxygen therapy. If this is it, how will people be treated early with oxygen when for the most part, many people will have to battle this at home before they are seen by any medical professional.

I don't know if it's oxygen at all and I'm only speaking as a sufferer of lung disease/disorders - Asthma and pulmonary sarcoidosis - not being able to breathe or consume oxygen is an absolutely knackering experience - (beyond frightening too) but with both those disorders there are long-term fixes (and some short term ones - I was administered a drug in my twenties during an asthma attack which had outcomes, help me breathe or stop my heart, thankfully it was the former) for these disorders inhaled steroids and tablet steriods are a form of treatment and also some immuno suppressant therapies in relation to sarcoid - I think (correct me if I'm wrong) one of those has already been muted in response to covid - (was it fake news?) steroids won't help.

But over and above that this doctor seems to be lauding early intervention in hospital, prior to ventilation - what is that? I have no idea. Here there is talk of drug trials which I think is a really positive step.

Get real, wake up to what's happening around you, will you? What makes you think Ireland is going great?

Im very real and youve been very pessimistic from day one. Our numbers are pretty good and heading in the right direction. Theres very few liberal democracies doing better. Thats the reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

He also sacked the admiral of the navy ship that requested to evacuate because they had 155 cases on board. Hes some piece of work
    In this case he was correct,

Don't agree with Trump, or US gunboat 'diplomacy' over the decades but it is pointless have weapons if those wielding them are perceived to be too weak to use them.

On the other hand it could have just Trump being Trump and getting rid of someone he didn't perceive as being loyal to him personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Stheno wrote: »
    Germany do this, they get people on oxygen earlier as per the article posted a while ago
    I didn't read the article earlier. I missed it.

Does Ireland have any plans to treat people with oxygen at an early stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

statesaver wrote: »
    Biden and the Democrats are all over the place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEzZCpyBnVE

Tim Pool
    Trump Just NUKED Biden From Orbit Over Mental Decline, Politicizing Crisis BACKFIRES On Democrats

i detest that guy tim pool. what a whiny little bitch he is.

Its like a pregnancy test but using blood. One line and you're negative, two lines positive. The margin of error is yet to be proven.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,015 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Whoever invents the 14 minute test will be rich.

• Advertisement

So the US know something about this hydrchloroquine that we do not know?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement