Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

The US is really in problem, they have a choose of Trump who is a moron or Joe Biden who can't finish a sentence and is in obvious mental decline.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭briany

Bit of egg on Boris's face now because he was acting like he was over the worst of it in his video updates. I assume he's getting the best of medical care, though. But one good thing that might come out of his suffering with this is that he'll know that Covid-19 is no joke for many people and he'll be less tempted to be cavalier in directing the nation's approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭maebee

I came home from a late evening walk to the news about BoJo being taken to hospital. My first thought was "Karma" but "on mature reflection" I wouldn't wish for him to be on a ventilator tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,118 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

threeball wrote: »
    Most things stick in your craw that aren't SF spin.

Considering I’ve never voted for SF, that’s some conclusion there sir, great job. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,391 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Ah come off it.

The government were at best ambivalent about Paddy's Day parades and at worst willing to go ahead with them to show we were open for business.

It was only AFTER a number of towns sensibly cancelled parades they acted. They even warned towns not to act on their own initiative.

You call this leadership? I don't!

The Govt were right about this. Towns acting unilaterally were completely ignoring the advice of the Govt and the CMO.....totally the wrong thing to do in the middle of a pandemic and sending out the wrong message.

The Govt specifically told these towns further guidelines were on the way imminently and to wait for the official advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

As much as I want a solution. When I hear the words 'Fast Tracked'. Em, yeah. Let's not create another pandemic. Do the tests, make sure the thing works without causing some other medical event.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,015 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Every press conference he bangs on about the aviation, oil and cruise industries, wtf like?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭threeball

Stheno wrote: »
    Fauci has come out and says it's not proven

Don't know how Fauci sticks him. Birx is a bit of a kiss ass but Fauci has no time for his sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Drumpot wrote: »
    I’m no doctor but i wonder would that explain Why there is a suggestion that smokers do not necessarily get a worse dose? Hypertension would make more sense I think. You can’t get enough oxygen into the body.

Wonder also then if an oximetry is an even more important tool to have to garage your oxygen levels. It seems people can go downhill very fast when it seemed like they were getting better.

Me either - but ARDS is a terrifying disease of the lung that causes fibrosis so needing oxygen is a given, I'm presuming this Doctor is saying that the actual ventilation offered with a ventilator is to become the muscles supporting the lungs - to push air in an out - when what the lungs are crying out for is quality of air in that exchange. It sounds like Covid has the potential to damage lungs, even in patients who survive - so it might be necessary to treat this virus as a fibrotic condition before it reaches critical stage. Something that might take years say, for instance in someone with COPD, is now taking days.
    I think this doctor is saying they need to do more with medical intervention, and to do it more quickly -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Drumpot wrote: »
    I’m no doctor but i wonder would that explain Why there is a suggestion that smokers do not necessarily get a worse dose? Hypertension would make more sense I think. You can’t get enough oxygen into the body.

Wonder also then if an oximetry is an even more important tool to have to garage your oxygen levels. It seems people can go downhill very fast when it seemed like they were getting better.

I wish I could make sense of what he's saying.

I have an oximeter in my covid-19 kit too. Along with a home blood pressure monitor. I'm taking readings every morning and a few times during the days and have a diary with readings.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Stheno wrote: »
    He's staying overnight according to CNN

A chest xray sounds a little trivial to announce he was in hospital in this current time
    Think of the headlines if it was not announced and someone seeing him at the hospital phoned the press

There's no way they could guarantee hiding the fact, and the speculation would be rampant if there was no official announcement

It's also important for everyone to know Raab is in charge, even if only for a day (I suspect it will be longer as it seems to me that rest is one of the main "therapies" for someone with non life-threatening symptoms)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭deaglan1

"Erythromycin kills certain things you don't want living" President Trump just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

fritzelly wrote: »
    I know there is a lot of depressing stuff (apart from the tit for tat) in this thread but there is nuggets of pure gold that make me laugh out loud and probably keeping me sane while keeping up to date with whats going at the moment.
    Thank god for the Irish humour!

Speaking of tit for tat, I saw some serious advice re makeshift masks from old bras, the experts were saying to ensure you use the left cup only so as to avoid looking like a right tit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

froog wrote: »
    what the **** is his obsession with chloroquine??

Probably just to give his supporters some hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭briany

statesaver wrote: »
    The US is really in problem, they have a choose of Trump who is a moron or Joe Biden who can't finish a sentence and is in obvious mental decline.

At this point, I think America would benefit more from a president in mental decline than the current one whose moral decline is complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

What way do you take this fella on this. He is in charge of the US. Sounds like someone that would ring up LineLive and talk to Joe Duffy FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Because it worked in China according to someone or other.

Like the majority of agenda driven posters on here, he stopped at the headline.

Totally missing the caveats of being appropriate in certain limited cases, dependent on closely monitoring the reaction, and vitally dependent on strict dosage control, and dose interval timing, or it kills the patient.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Probably because the UK are fcuked and we're not.

Every country is fcuked, including us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Trump sounding like a priest now. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    What way do you take this fella on this. He is in charge of the US. Sounds like someone that would ring up LineLive and talk to Joe Duffy FFS.

I take it as face value. Complete buffer who has found his way to the top throughout his life telling people what they want to hear.

Not necessarily what is truthful.

• Advertisement

He also sacked the admiral of the navy ship that requested to evacuate because they had 155 cases on board. Hes some piece of work

Every country is fcuked, including us.

More scaremongering bollox

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

He also sacked the admiral of the navy ship that requested to evacuate because they had 155 cases on board. Hes some piece of work

That admiral has now tested positive

• Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Strumms wrote: »
    Nothing more than a political stunt by Leo. At a time like this his fûcking job is to help run the country not a ward in a hospital. He has no business photo opping on the front lines of a health crisis, his job as he is elected to do is elsewhere... buffoon.

You'll be complaining another day that he's not elected taoiseach and should be out back working in the HSE helping out.

Only fools have a pop at him on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Pretzill wrote: »
    Me either - but ARDS is a terrifying disease of the lung that causes fibrosis so needing oxygen is a given, I'm presuming this Doctor is saying that the actual ventilation offered with a ventilator is to become the muscles supporting the lungs - to push air in an out - when what the lungs are crying out for is quality of air in that exchange. It sounds like Covid has the potential to damage lungs, even in patients who survive - so it might be necessary to treat this virus as a fibrotic condition before it reaches critical stage. Something that might take years say, for instance in someone with COPD, is now taking days.
    I think this doctor is saying they need to do more with medical intervention, and to do it more quickly -

What I'm getting from your reply here is maybe the treatment for this is early oxygen therapy. If this is it, how will people be treated early with oxygen when for the most part, many people will have to battle this at home before they are seen by any medical professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

statesaver wrote: »

I think Ivanka Trump should run for presidency. Now there is a woman I could get behind plus she has name recognition.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

He called it a gift from God. If he thinks that about this hydrochloroquine, what the hell is he going to call a cure or vaccine.

briany wrote: »
    At this point, I think America would benefit more from a president in mental decline than the current one whose moral decline is complete.

Andrew Cuomo is the man they need to get in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Trump asking the medical experts to say something after he has paraphrased and malaproped his way through his brief and theirs is like that boss we all have who gets you to prep for hours for a meeting, then scraps that submission and tells you what to say, then when it comes to the meeting, opens the floor to you, then bulls in and proceeds to horsesh1t like an expert on everything.....

Dear oh dear. And it's not just Trump. It's rare in most line managers and even leaders to shut the f*CK up when an expert comes forward.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

The captain not an admiral.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement