Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Well, we are the same person. :D
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA that the kids are squabbling here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,352 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    TA that the kids are squabbling here.

We're all the same person though, so no squabbling with anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Be right back

Split personalities?! That's tough.

And no I never took anything personally Leggy with you or anyone else I assure you, it may not seem like it on here but I'm direct with people in real actual life.

Anyway back to TA's. I bought door stoppers and put them on all the public doors in my apartment building to leave them so people don't have to keep touching all the same door handles and cleaned all the handles while I was at it yesterday. I left a note in the main hall letting people know and this morning all the doors were closed again and the door stoppers were gone. Some cúnt either stole them or threw them out.

• Advertisement

Guy Person wrote: »
    And no I never took anything personally Leggy with you or anyone else I assure you, it may not seem like it on here but I'm direct with people in real actual life.

Anyway back to TA's. I bought door stoppers and put them on all the public doors in my apartment building to leave them so people don't have to keep touching all the same door handles and cleaned all the handles while I was at it yesterday. I left a note in the main hall letting people know and this morning all the doors were closed again and the door stoppers were gone. Some cúnt either stole them or threw them out.

Probably for fire safety reasons..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Guy, I can speak for myself, we disagreed on one point but there's no hard feelings.

And, not only can I speak for myself, I have no problem calling out people in real life. I'm direct, both here and in person, but that doesn't mean I'm narky and aggressive. I still stand by my point that everyone needs to keep themselves informed about what's happening and not look for others to explain or confirm clear facts.

At least you'll know where you stand with me.

TA I appear narky. :p

Good grief, please don't tell me you're one of those... one of those people who tells others to calm down... :rolleyes::eek::mad:

:pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You're not the first to think that, Guy, get the mods to check!

I'm much funnier and clearly more intelligent though.

And modester. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

So your the bearded lady. I remember seeing you when Barnum and Bailey came to town!

New Home wrote: »
    And modester. :pac:

Calm down!

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

All my days are just running in to one.Im getting up at all hours of the day,its just weird.

dubstarr wrote: »
    All my days are just running in to one.Im getting up at all hours of the day,its just weird.

I'm the same. Had to check the calendar the other day to see what day it was!

Probably for fire safety reasons..
    Yes I never even thought about that. TA at my own idiocy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSXR4szlMiDDczFY0AvVX_jYbBxLS_oEt_cC-MRd4Y1w8bQdoSC&usqp=CAU

dubstarr wrote: »
    I think this sums it up perfectly

meme-of-spider-man-pointing-at-spider-man-with-the-days-of-the-week-coronavirus-quarantine-memes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

I have a friend who's a genuinely lovely person, but the woman is obsessed with sharing absolutely everything on social media. I understand a lot of it is just a need for validation and comes from low self esteem etc. so I'm generally tolerant as I can be, even when she tags me in these fcuking "bffs forever" type posts with 20 other people and I seriously want to tell her to GTFO. However, this week she's taken it to a whole new level by posting about 10 posts in a row about an argument she's having with someone, and I swear to God, I want to tell her to wise up. I'm as honest with her as I can be for the most part but only when she actually wants my opinion, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be appreciated in this case. And like I said, she's a lovely person with other great qualities. But MANNNN this **** is starting to grate on me. I mean, we're in our 30s!

Oh, also, my kitchen and living room are in the same room and my bedroom is right next door with no hallway, so everytime I cook anything my flat smells like whatever I made for about 2 hours. I don't understand it at all because I've super high ceilings, but nope, right now I might as well be in India with the rank of curry in my room. I have a fan and everything but it doesn't do jack sh1t.

Facebook in general. On a work night out, one of the girls will be constantly taking pictures to put on FB. Someone else told me I am missing all the gossip on FB. Yeah, think I'll pass all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭lucalux

TA'd that I only start getting energy around this time of night lately, and as much as I'd love to launch into clearing the sheds/sweep the yard/wash the windows/whatever other chores I've been eyeing up...I don't think the neighbours would appreciate it...sigh

Also just on the bins being heavier thing being discussed earlier...I was wondering if the bin companies are noticing extra weight from people having clear-outs of the house and sheds/gardens with everyone being at home more these days? A bit of amped up spring cleaning perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Setting up a new device.
    Kids will be back at school by the time the first pages roll off the devil printer machine.

• Advertisement

lucalux wrote: »
    TA'd that I only start getting energy around this time of night lately, and as much as I'd love to launch into clearing the sheds/sweep the yard/wash the windows/whatever other chores I've been eyeing up...I don't think the neighbours would appreciate it...sigh

Also just on the bins being heavier thing being discussed earlier...I was wondering if the bin companies are noticing extra weight from people having clear-outs of the house and sheds/gardens with everyone being at home more these days? A bit of amped up spring cleaning perhaps

Food goes into the compost bin, stuff from a clear out would be general rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭lucalux

Food goes into the compost bin, stuff from a clear out would be general rubbish.

Oh, that's true...i don't have a compost bin so my food waste goes in the general waste bin! Never thought of that :o

lucalux wrote: »
    Oh, that's true...i don't have a compost bin so my food waste goes in the general waste bin! Never thought of that :o

So does garden waste in fairness, but I don't think food waste is measured solely by bin waste. I've read about it before but can't remember where.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I had the telly on in the background when Neighbours came on. What the feck have they done to the sig tune? Like a screeching cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

madmaggie wrote: »
    I had the telly on in the background when Neighbours came on. What the feck have they done to the sig tune? Like a screeching cat.

I'm not sure about the tune. However there's this one in it and she was on Australia's got Talent and she occasionally signs and it's a right pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

A life of pain. Ow. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

When I'm clearly on my phone reading and typing... Someone keeps insisting on making small talk I have absolutely no interest in literally every two minutes..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ive been running around for over two years now trying to find help I need with the material for uni.
    Everyone I ask recommends the same group who help with adjasant problems BUT not the one I know is the real issue.
    I was given a new lead on help and it took almost a month for them to respond to my message.

Guess where they referred me!!!!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(

Ta'ed that ppl assume that I've not looked for or found the very obvious but wrong help in a small campus.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

The phrase "I myself" grates on me.

Also "I would have been" in relation to something which happened in the past.

I don't know why :) .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Fabio wrote: »
    The phrase "I myself" grates on me.

Also "I would have been" in relation to something which happened in the past.

I don't know why :) .

Could be worse , they could have said 'I would of been' !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement