Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

A worrying stat is that as of Friday 27th there are 2216 cases, 564 have been Hospitalised and 506 Healthcare workers have been infected.

Just about 1 Healthcare worker gets infected for every Hospital admission.

• Administrators Posts: 53,636 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The misery merchants on here really are something else.

“I called for a lockdown in February, look at me look at me”.

There has been a number of posters on here doing nothing but finding the absolute worst in everything. We are fortunate that they’re here to ensure that everyone is as miserable as possible.

Good numbers are bad news. Bad numbers are bad news. We could announce a cure tomorrow and they’d still find a way to turn it into something negative.

“We predicted this” is such total bollocks. Things are far, far better than anything you lot predicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

MadYaker wrote: »
    294 new cases yesterday and 200 today. At least its still showing a downward trend for now. I'm guessing thats going to change in the next few days though.
    It might or it might not. Best to deal with numbers as they appear IMO. The trend is downward, which is a positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

They said Cork had run out of kits at the HSE press conference today. There are reports on twitter and boards.ie of other centers having no kits.

https://twitter.com/otuathail/status/1243610950399406086?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Who do you think you are coming on here and pointing out home truths like that?

Didn't you get the memo, FG are doing an outstanding job haven't you heard Varadkars movie sound bites?

If you can’t give them credit for what they’ve done so far then the nicest thing you can do is shut your mouth - and your arsehole while you’re at it because that is what you are talking out of.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »

There has been a number of posters on here doing nothing but finding the absolute worst in everything. We are fortunate that they’re here to ensure that everyone is as miserable as possible.

Good numbers are bad news. Bad numbers are bad news. We could announce a cure tomorrow and they’d still find a way to turn it into something negative.

“We predicted this” is such total bollocks. Things are far, far better than anything you lot predicted.
    Let's not forget "we can't trust the numbers or the testing"!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

wakka12 wrote: »

If that is for real they should be immediately closed again by any means necessary. A military strike if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

awec wrote: »

Wish I could thank this post x 1000

BTW doc on RTE2 about pangolins at 7.00!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

RTE Six One News earlier didn't mention anything about test kits being low and leading to closure of some local test centres. Didn't Fergal Bowers himself tweet about Croke Park being closed earlier today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A worrying stat is that as of Friday 27th there are 2216 cases, 564 have been Hospitalised and 506 Healthcare workers have been infected.

1 Healthcare worker gets infected for every Hospital admission.

Those front line heroes putting their lives on the line, it is worrying how many infected

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

is_that_so wrote: »

Testing centres in Dublin, Cork and Castlebar cancelled appointments today due to running out of testing kits.

Blaze420 wrote: »
    If you can’t give them credit for what they’ve done so far then the nicest thing you can do is shut your mouth - and your arsehole while you’re at it because that is what you are talking out of.

Link??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭derossi

It was inevitable as more test centres opened up and with the increase in testing and the delay in getting more test kits, a day like this was going to happen. 100 thousand coming next week and onwards so should alleviate the availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Now now just because you don't agree with someone there's no need to get personal.

I give every single front line worker in the health service my up most respect. FG and the upper echelons of the HSE not so much.

Have you thought about talking to someone about your anger issues? Seriously it can be a drain on one's self and leave you unhappy as a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,383 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Indeed : the situation with kits at Pairc ui Chaoimh is a distraction. There are testing centres all over the country, not just there and Croker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

I think they did a reasonable job in comparison to other nations - particularly the UK. Some mistakes were made - allowing in Italian rugby fans and pretending we are as good as south Korea. We ain't. But the political judgement of this won't written for at least a year. What happens to the huge debt we are now racking up ? Will the EU consolidate debt? Will our government allow the Germans to screw us again - while they make money off the back of the single market ? They made buckets off the creation of the euro .

• Administrators Posts: 53,636 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

“Why didn’t we just shut the whole country down for months on end?!?”

“I saw someone outside, this lockdown is a total disaster, Irish people don’t get it”

It’s beyond tiring at this stage. Trying to read objective discussion on the numbers and you have to wade through page after page of absolute nonsense from these posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

Distribution of laboratory confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the EU/EEA and the UK, as of 29 March 2020 @ 08:00

novel-coronavirus-cases-EU-UK-29-03-2020%20.jpg.png?itok=BJOh0q--

A flattening of the curve over the last 3 days for daily cases in Europe.

Fingers crossed it is real and not like the apparent flattening last week,

Larger clickable version here :- https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Martina1991

If so that is better. Have you a link to that?

I don't have a link.

To me it's common sense. When it is reported that X number of tests have been carried out that's what it implies.

In order to know how many cases we have, the swabs have to have been processed and the results known; positive or negative.

2615 positives and ~30,385 negatives.

Any other person being referred, swab in transit or result not finalied can't be included in the results because it is not known.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

The number tested is the number that have been processed and confirmed as either Detected / Not Detected by the labs. 5k per day is the rate of these now, and around 33k done total.

There are far more swabs done than the Number of Tests reported, but they haven't gone through the labs yet.

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Now now just because you don't agree with someone there's no need to get personal.

I give every single front line worker in the health service my up most respect. FG and the upper echelons of the HSE not so much.

Have you thought about talking to someone about your anger issues? Seriously it can be a drain on one's self and leave you unhappy as a person.

I have no anger at all so don’t know where you are getting that from. I think FG are doing the best they can in the circumstances and I’m happy it’s them managing this and not the dopes in SF.

It’s not the time for political point scoring though because there’s a big threat to be dealt with - for you and the others who say they aren’t doing enough - what do ye know? **** all.

Testing centres in Dublin, Cork and Castlebar cancelled appointments today due to running out of testing kits.
    Not my point at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

You keep asking for links. How about watching some of the news reports and press conferences for yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

maninasia wrote: »
    The EU pushed hard to keep borders and flights open with the EU. They led to the virus spreading very rapidly out of Northern Italy..
    That now they have no answer to the desperate need for PPE shows the problems in the EU in a very concrete form.

The Irish government made a huge mistake in not stopping flights from Italy earlier even though it was a known epidemic center .....Even now they allow flights to come in with no quarantine tracking of individuals. I look on from outside in disbelief.

In fairness, as our fearless govt minister stated “How would we feel if Italy stopped out flights”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭1641

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I wish those reporters on RTE would stop saying each day that half the the people were over or younger than the average age of death. They seem to think that half the values in a range have to be above the average and half below. It means no such thing.

The "median" means exactly that. Perhaps you are thinking about the "mean"?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Refractions

Probably dropping due to the weekend. Think last weekend was the same and then we saw a jump on the Monday. Stand to be corrected on that.

Probably dropping due to the weekend. Think last weekend was the same and then we saw a jump on the Monday. Stand to be corrected on that.

We are about 5-7 days behind on results, the counts being given are not live data. Take from that what you will

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

I have no anger at all so don’t know where you are getting that from. I think FG are doing the best they can in the circumstances and I’m happy it’s them managing this and not the dopes in SF.

It’s not the time for political point scoring though because there’s a big threat to be dealt with - for you and the others who say they aren’t doing enough - what do ye know? **** all.

It's not the time for political point scoring then you bring up SF :pac:

Okay have a nice evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

kilkenny31 wrote: »
    I see a lot of people posting here about the test figures and how nothing can be read from them because the criteria changed. Look at it this way. The criteria changed so that people needed to have more symptoms to get tested. But all that matteres is that we are catching a good chunk of people that are sick. Asymptomatic people or people who have mild symptoms are very unlikely to need hospital care anyway so catching those doesn't matter so much while we are all in relative lockdown anyway. Further down the road when we want to get the country moving again it matters to test as many people as possible. The fact that our numbers have plateaued at the 200-300 mark is good.

They are'nt testing to get people treatment they're testing to isolate them and their contacts. It's actually more important to find asymptomatic people as they are the ones most likely to spread it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement