Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Righteouswrong

He won’t be named he has no previous convictions, wasn’t driving and nothing was found in the car. Anyone know where the chase started was it stoneybatter? Stupid move to take chase if they had nothing, every guard on the Northside would have answered the call to catch him.

• Site Banned Posts: 27 Peruvian Flake

He won’t be named he has no previous convictions, wasn’t driving and nothing was found in the car. Anyone know where the chase started was it stoneybatter? Stupid move to take chase if they had nothing, every guard on the Northside would have answered the call to catch him.

I counted 15 cars chasing it up Mellowes Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Traffic has thinned out across the city due to this virus so any gangsters up to no good are going to find it harder than usual to go under the radar.

Flashy and the lads must have been either very bored so decided to take a chase for bit of craic, were carrying nice quantity of narcotics so took a chase but managed to dispose of said narcotics at some stage of the chase or possibly had a shooter on board, for protection or to whack someone, and managed to disgard the weapon at some stage of the chase.

It would be pretty dumb to be carrying drugs or weapons around when there's little traffic on the streets at present. Some lads on here expected an escalation in feud violence due to downturn in the economy and lockdown boredom. Perhaps, but i thought the opposite, far too easy to get caught while going about ones business in this eery climate. If ever lads should lay low it is now. A lesson Flashy and co are waking up to this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Traffic has thinned out across the city due to this virus so any gangsters up to no good are going to find it harder than usual to go under the radar.

Flashy and the lads must have been either very bored so decided to take a chase for bit of craic, were carrying nice quantity of narcotics so took a chase but managed to dispose of said narcotics at some stage of the chase or possibly had a shooter on board, for protection or to whack someone, and managed to disgard the weapon at some stage of the chase.

It would be pretty dumb to be carrying drugs or weapons around when there's little traffic on the streets at present. Some lads on here expected an escalation in feud violence due to downturn in the economy and lockdown boredom. Perhaps, but i thought the opposite, far too easy to get caught while going about ones business in this eery climate. If ever lads should lay low it is now. A lesson Flashy and co are waking up to this morning.

Certainly hasn't stopped supply, seems to be fairly flush in fact, so someones moving it. In fact alot are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

There has never been a problem with supply of coke or green in the last two decades
    Makes a joke out of everything the cops do be doing

• Advertisement

Hoboo wrote: »
    Certainly hasn't stopped supply, seems to be fairly flush in fact, so someones moving it. In fact alot are.

Stopped murders is what i meant. I doubt there will be any gangland murders in this lockdown. Drugs will always be there for those that want it.

Haladmirer wrote: »
    There has never been a problem with supply of coke or green in the last two decades
    Makes a joke out of everything the cops do be doing

Same the world over. War on drugs was lost from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,168 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I thought this could only realistically be applied to lifers who are perceived to be a genuine risk to the public at large. Like when the likes of Graham Dwyer would have served his 17 years. I really can't see these men still being in prison in their 70s for a gangland murder committed in their 20s.

John Gilligan got an additional few years for threatening prison officers, yet it was concurrent, so he still ended up getting out 3/4th of the way into his original drug trafficking sentence.

do you think none of them are a genuine risk to the public at large? hopefully they will be old and grey before they see the outside again.

Stopped murders is what i meant. I doubt there will be any gangland murders in this lockdown. Drugs will always be there for those that want it.

What will happen after the lockdown though? We had 37 gangland murders in 2008/9.

Maybe nothing to do with the recession but its food for thought.

What will happen after the lockdown though? We had 37 gangland murders in 2008/9.

Who knows? Your guess is as good as mine. There may very well be a hit team that will fancy their chances of escape with these very quiet streets at present? Money talks after all.

After the crisis is over i have no idea what will happen. I know very little of Flashy and the new breed of gangster. Seems to very volatile over that way though. Ballymun, Coolock, Darndale, Finglas and Blanch a lot of old scores to be settled and feuds simmering to the boil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

37 seems very high, where did you get that number?

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    37 seems very high, where did you get that number?

Theres a list online, this was the Don's heyday. I think there was 12 murders in my area in 18 months.

Sure give it a look yourself I may have miscounted

https://ganglandireland.wordpress.com/

Theres a list online, this was the Don's heyday. I think there was 12 murders in my area in 18 months.

They were definately crazy times in Dublin. Lads were getting whacked left, right and centre. There was 15-20 gangland murders in Dublin for a couple of years. These last few years are a picnic in comparison.

The gangland scene was dominated by grown men back then too. If you compare the age of most of the victims back then they were in 30s and 40s. Not like now when they are feral little runts in their teens and early 20s. Violence wise the likes of Flashy wouldn't lace Eamonn The Dons boots.

The gangland scene was dominated by grown men back then too. If you compare the age of most of the victims back then they were in 30s and 40s. Not like now when they are feral little runts in their teens and early 20s. Violence wise the likes of Flashy wouldn't lace Eamonn The Dons boots.

Eamon didnt mind getting his hands dirty either. He personally pulled the trigger on numerous occasions.

If you want something done right do it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭benny79

Was he part of Hylands gang then done him and took over? Who done him then? god he was ruthless

benny79 wrote: »
    Was he part of Hylands gang then done him and took over? Who done him then? god he was ruthless

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/news/anthony-campbells-killer-mangan-beaten-up-in-savage-jail-attack-30351932.html

Both named here. The Don drove.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

benny79 wrote: »

Funny..came across a car with a fella inside the car staring at the sunroof once. Literally been shot 30 secs before. Cordite smell still very strong. MH was fingered in that shooting but no charges. The funny thing was that the fella was shot right beside where a serious player lived and all hell broke loose as the cops thought the other fella had been nailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Sorry, misread your post. I thought you meant 37 for 1 year

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Davidplat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Davidplat wrote: »

That looks a bit more elaborate than the home made shotgun ones. It also looks quite old with the Flathead screws.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Justanoseygit

Davidplat wrote: »

Items like this also all over the streets of Dublin

How stupid (or desperate) would you have to be, to even consider pulling the trigger on one of those things?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Davidplat

Oh yeah I completely agree with you, very dangerous to both the target and the shooter, the issue is young wanna be gangsters who will pay a few euro for one of these items, a firearm like the above example in the hands reckless individuals is a scary thought to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

what are the chances in one of the papers naming Flashy ?

Has he been charged with anything ?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Righteouswrong

what are the chances in one of the papers naming Flashy ?

Has he been charged with anything ?

Zero I’d say

https://m.herald.ie/news/jailed-thug-lures-women-with-his-facebook-page-29043540.html If this lad shamby was in the car with flashy and his associates are the same people flashy was having runs in a while ago would they not have wanted people knowing they were with eachother or what is there connection to eachother ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭PaddyK2020

Fedcba321 wrote: »
    If this lad shamby was in the car with flashy and his associates are the same people flashy was having runs in a while ago would they not have wanted people knowing they were with eachother or what is there connection to eachother ?

People go where the power is, friends become enemies over night, there is no long term friendships in gangland lad

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭rodmn2377

PaddyK2020 wrote: »
    People go where the power is, friends become enemies over night, there is no long term friendships in gangland lad

I'm surprised to see Shamby involved with Flashy.. last I heard he had to get out of finglas and was down the country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

“Disgraceful, stopping people for tax and insurance”

Triple digit convictions and he thinks he’s being victimised.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement