Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alliance123

Serious question, but on the theme of isolation, where in the feck is Gerry Hutch?

To my knowledge it is now over 4 years since he has been seen in public.

When was the last verifiable attempted murder in that feud?

Yup

Yup

What’s the red stamp at the top of right hand page. I haven’t got my passport handy but is that passport expiry date?

Never mind. I see two red stamps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

Yup

What are you implying with this image?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr

Yea I don't get it, that could be anybody's

• Registered Users Posts: 55,454 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: @Rows Grower - please don't post random links. At the very least, add some context to say what they are. I've deleted the 3 links you posted above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

No problem.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭PaddyK2020

I'd say he's sayin The Monk's in Turkey

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

PaddyK2020 wrote: »
    I'd say he's sayin The Monk's in Turkey

Oh right. Very ambiguous whatever they're at.

Oh right. Very ambiguous whatever they're at.

I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

Shots fired in irishtown
    3 arrested, late teens and early 20s
    https://theliberal.ie/gardai-arrest-three-men-after-shots-are-fired-at-a-house-in-irish-town/

• Advertisement

Not Irishtown D4 hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

Not Irishtown D4 hahaha

Correct

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 123 ✭✭Robbie Crosby

no sign of the flip
    flop gang

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 123 ✭✭Robbie Crosby

no sign of the flip
    flop gang

this is only the start of it they said

that must have been the end of it

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭celticWario

So it there going to be a supply shortage due to the lockdown? If so how will that impact the various gangs operations?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

There has never been a shortage of any drug here in 20 years,no matter how many seizures or how big
    Think about that
    All the bull**** after big seizure
    "This will disrupt the supply in area"
    Bull**** and they know it
    Maybe after this virus we might rethink how we do things,like the resources wasted on the lost war on drugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭jimmyrustle

Haladmirer wrote: »
    There has never been a shortage of any drug here in 20 years,no matter how many seizures or how big

Back around the summer of 2006 you couldn't get hash for love nor money for a prolonged period, from memory it lasted on and off for a long, long time. It was even blamed for an upsurge in prison violence. Was probably what accelerated the move into growhouse cannabis.

I don't smoke any more but I'd agree that now there generally wouldn't be shortages of weed with so many growhouses in operation, they'd have to be phenomenally lucky and take out two dozen in a weekend.

Ecstasy nearly disappeared for a period roughly around the same time when there was a worldwide shortage of a precursor chemical.

And while I wasn't in the country at the time I recall seeing that the explosion in popularity of black market prescription drugs (zimmos, xanax etc) happened during an unprecedented heroin shortage in the early 2010's. Junkies would use this stuff to tide them over and never really left them, it's more cost effective than several bags of heroin per day.

As an island we would be a lot more prone to shortages than anywhere else. Although on the flip side there is probably a mountain of unsold coke and yokes in cold storage with no clubs pubs and parties to be consumed in.

Back around the summer of 2006 you couldn't get hash for love nor money for a prolonged period, from memory it lasted on and off for a long, long time. It was even blamed for an upsurge in prison violence. Was probably what accelerated the move into growhouse cannabis.

I don't smoke any more but I'd agree that now there generally wouldn't be shortages of weed with so many growhouses in operation, they'd have to be phenomenally lucky and take out two dozen in a weekend.

Ecstasy nearly disappeared for a period roughly around the same time when there was a worldwide shortage of a precursor chemical.

And while I wasn't in the country at the time I recall seeing that the explosion in popularity of black market prescription drugs (zimmos, xanax etc) happened during an unprecedented heroin shortage in the early 2010's. Junkies would use this stuff to tide them over and never really left them, it's more cost effective than several bags of heroin per day.

As an island we would be a lot more prone to shortages than anywhere else. Although on the flip side there is probably a mountain of unsold coke and yokes in cold storage with no clubs pubs and parties to be consumed in.

Spot on, I remember the 2006 drought well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Spot on, I remember the 2006 drought well.

Was that not the Great Drought of '96? After Gilligan got nicked? There was nothing for a good year and a half.

For a few months now there's been a severe shortage of cannabis resin. Lads that would have had it for years are completely dry. (So I've been told)

• Advertisement

pablo128 wrote: »
    Was that not the Great Drought of '96?

Well I would have been 11, so it definitely was not :pac::pac: Seriously though was there actually none for 18 months?!
    For a few months now there's been a severe shortage of cannabis resin. Lads that would have had it for years are completely dry. (So I've been told)

I've turned down offers of a number for hash over the last few years because I don't want down that rabbit hole again but it really is a niche market from what I gather. I know plenty of grass smokers who wouldn't touch it and most grass dealers wouldn't be selling it.

Grass is ****ing horrible IMO, leaves you feeling like you have brain cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

The bleedin bang of weed these days would knock an elephant out. I feel physically sick if i ever have the misfortune of smelling it.

So it there going to be a supply shortage due to the lockdown? If so how will that impact the various gangs operations?

I'd imagine Garda arrests for supply will be through the roof over the next few weeks. The guards are absolutely everywhere, I've barely left the house since Friday and saw 5 seperate cars and a checkpoint in that time. Lads meeting in public for a bag will stick out well with feck all of anyone else about.

Well I would have been 11, so it definitely was not :pac::pac: Seriously though was there actually none for 18 months?!

I've turned down offers of a number for hash over the last few years because I don't want down that rabbit hole again but it really is a niche market from what I gather. I know plenty of grass smokers who wouldn't touch it and most grass dealers wouldn't be selling it.

And leaves a few looking like they've cancer too.

The bleedin bang of weed these days would knock an elephant out. I feel physically sick if i ever have the misfortune of smelling it.

There's parts of Talbot St smell like Amsterdam. It's everywhere.

Yeah there was nothing for a long time and when it did come back it was never the same quality.

And leaves a few looking like they've cancer too.

Hash made people a bit disinterested, a tad lazy maybe. I've seen first hand that today's weed is arguably worse for a young man than alcoholism. At least an alcoholic is usually sociable! The financial cost, the addiction, the strength of it being so overpowering, it's a poor way to live.

Hash made people a bit disinterested, a tad lazy maybe. I've seen first hand that today's weed is arguably worse for a young man than alcoholism. At least an alcoholic is usually sociable! The financial cost, the addiction, the strength of it being so overpowering, it's a poor way to live.

It's like the difference between beer and poteen.

Yea bigtime. The myth of it being harmless is bullcrap.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Could the Guards get away with some Covert-19 on the back of Covid-19 ? ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement