Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Italys deaths are likely much higher too as mayor of Bergamo said anyone dying at home is not counted in official statistics

Same with France and Spain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

The US coverup

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/10/us/coronavirus-testing-delays.html

Exceprt:

In late January*, the first confirmed American case of the coronavirus had landed in her area. Critical questions needed answers: Had the man infected anyone else? Was the deadly virus already lurking in other communities and spreading?
    As luck would have it, Dr. Chu had a way to monitor the region. For months, as part of a research project into the flu, she and a team of researchers had been collecting nasal swabs from residents experiencing symptoms throughout the Puget Sound region.
    To repurpose the tests for monitoring the coronavirus, they would need the support of state and federal officials. But nearly everywhere Dr. Chu turned, officials repeatedly rejected the idea, interviews and emails show, even as weeks crawled by and outbreaks emerged in countries outside of China, where the infection began.

By Feb. 25, Dr. Chu and her colleagues could not bear to wait any longer. They began performing coronavirus tests, without government approval**.

* one month after the WHO was informed by China.
    ** two months after the WHO was informed by China.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

niallo27 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what's going on with the 53% male and 46% female. What am I missing here.

1%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Can someone tell me what's going on with the 53% male and 46% female. What am I missing here.

6 unknown.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Yet the company denied that, the media were so desperate to get a story out against trump they found a random "source" in the German government without ever fact checking it.
    Untrue, head of company who was in talks with US 'resigned' and founder and developer of research application is back in charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Un1corn

Is there any evidence that China is now hiding numbers? If there is please point it out.

No. I have not said there is evidence of them hiding the number. I said it is likely they are hiding numbers based on how the regime has operated at present and in the past. Given China's nature, we simply cannot know and I think it is safer to assume they are lying. China doesn't do transparency and I fail to invest trust in such systems. Furthermore is there any evidence they are telling the truth or reason to believe them that I am missing?

Some possible reports of understated deathcount:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-27/stacks-of-urns-in-wuhan-prompt-new-questions-of-virus-s-toll

https://nypost.com/2020/03/28/shipments-of-urns-in-wuhan-raise-questions-about-chinas-coronavirus-reporting/

Last one is by a well known Chinese dissident.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/fqbdup/wuhan_endless_queues_for_ashes_of_coronavirus/

• Registered Users Posts: 38,148 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

How have the hospitals been here ?? Are they like warzones

I'm thankful and lucky I didn't have to go to one at this current time. Touch wood I don't have too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

mosii wrote: »
    China has thousands more deaths then its saying,its a totalitarian country,and has been lying for years about everything.We cant rely on them.

Of course they do because they were filling trucks with bodies to be cremated when it kicked off and misclassifying the cause of death of many early patients / their death total is far far higher than any statistic they wish to put out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,210 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Acey10 wrote: »
    has anyone been stopped by the guards out today?

Yup twice while driving to the shops at a checkpoint.

Went out for a walk myself and was stopped on the seafront asked where I was going to and how far from home I was (was within the 2k)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

1% undisclosed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

Acey10 wrote: »
    has anyone been stopped by the guards out today?

yes, apparently you are not allowed to drive on the footpath in a lawnmower with an open long neck bottle of Corona, he thought I was taking the piss

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Lavinia wrote: »
    not sure what is that you are showing but its not true, (unfortunately)

507416.JPG

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/italy/

Sourced from here:

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/searchguy_covid-covid19-covid19italia-activity-6649718543220785153-WAqz

Have to admit, may have naively assumed they are factual.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,965 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

New Home wrote: »
    1% undisclosed?

Don't subscribe to gender, or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,289 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The Assembly in the North doing a solo run with their new measures tonight. Odd timing, given there are no local news bulletins in Northern Ireland on a Saturday evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

voluntary wrote: »

So you think that all those people died and subsequently stopped paying their mobile phone bills?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

I am tired with these newly registered people throwing all kinds of conspiracy theories here about this country or that country.. geez lads give it a break
    nobody cares what you privately believe or not :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

:confused::confused::confused:

Are't there fora for conspiracy theories?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Deaths are starting to tick up now in Germany, 82 new deaths today and nearly 7,000 new cases. Brings the total number of deaths to 433.

Whilst the rate of increase in deaths is sharply increasing the country still has an extraordinary low death rate compared to every other country.

Different mustard over there. They contact traced and tested like wild men whilst we argued about rugby games and a parade here.

The massive cover up from the Chinese from the get go is going to cost the planet dearly in the coming weeks and months. Some people still seem to believe they only had a few thousand deaths there also, bless.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

voluntary wrote: »

Well so many were out of work maybe paying their Bill's was there least of their worries.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Don't subscribe to gender, or something?

More like the reports received by the authorities didn't specify.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

PTH2009 wrote: »
    How have the hospitals been here ?? Are they like warzones

I'm thankful and lucky I didn't have to go to one at this current time. Touch wood I don't have too

Still ok for now. Far less non COVID presentations.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Sourced from here:

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/searchguy_covid-covid19-covid19italia-activity-6649718543220785153-WAqz

Have to admit, may have naively assumed they are factual.
    Number of cases as a % of new cases is trending down. Number of new cases is static enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭jackboy

cloudatlas wrote: »
    What would you have done, he is a diplomat he is on the spot he can alienate one or he can alienate the other. There is no choice. All he can do is look at what the current landscape is and respond accordingly. Can you imagine if they were political and went around pissing off various governments then nobody would listen to them. He is a diplomat.

Well he is a failed diplomat then. He was clearly speaking for China. He could have just said ‘no comment’ or ‘I’m not answering that question’..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

New Home wrote: »
    More like the reports received by the authorities didn't specify.

Or they were Aliens

David Icke was right all along...that 1% were lizard people

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭This is it

Lavinia wrote: »
    not sure what is that you are showing but its not true, (unfortunately)

507416.JPG

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/italy/

It's percentage graphs... Which are correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Worldometers is such a great site. Of active cases in Italy, 94% are mild and 6% are critical. It's still really really bad, but not as mad sounding as the headlines...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

If the virus was anything like this thread we'd be in really serious trouble - I cant keep up with the sheer volume of posts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

This is it wrote: »
    It's percentage graphs... Which are correct.
    Yes but number of newly infected is not going down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭Talisman

Could easily be 4 admitted between the time 67 were counted and he said 71.
    That makes it sound like the daily game that is played with counting how many patients are on a trolley in the hospitals.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement