Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭irishgeo

pgj2015 wrote: »
    look the reality is leo and anyone else in government doesnt give a $hit about the Irish people, you would be very naive to think they do.

so if i want to go for a 4 km run i will, i wont be a prisoner in my own home.

The guards might disagree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭con747

El Weirdo wrote: »
    And their families can still care for them. Where's the problem?

Oh, sorry but i seem to have heard somewhere that i cannot visit my elderly father who lives 130km away or was i dreaming. Get real would you.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

look the reality is leo and anyone else in government doesnt give a $hit about the Irish people, you would be very naive to think they do.

Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

con747 wrote: »
    By there families, what is wrong with you people?

And those edge cases are allowed to have a family member support them now as well.

This isn’t about edge cases

• Registered Users Posts: 30,090 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Well 4km run is ok... 2km out and 2km back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Be right back

Apparently it wasn't due for Ireland but some other country he wouldn't name.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭1wizards sleeve

timhenn wrote: »
    The response to this crisis has been a joke!

By who??

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Sean 18

2 weeks, anyone who says its 2 weeks is a moron.

2 years more like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Local Garda? That went years ago

All the Garda stations in the towns near me are long gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭NetChat101

By there families, what is wrong with you people?

One of the exceptions to the 2km rule is for family carers so if a family member is taking care of another family member that can continue, from my take on it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭irishgeo

osarusan wrote: »
    Was it explained what had caused the lockdown to be triggered tonight/at this point?

As opposed to a week ago?

Maybe some mention of ICU beds, or a particular projection they just modelled, or whatever.

Check Simon Harris Twitter. He posted the letter he got from the Health Emergency Team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Severe lack of details from him there and his other tweets on the matter. And he's a well known prick. I'd take anything he says unsubstantiated with a large grain of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Jaysus you're fierce tough altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭paul71

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Local Garda? That went years ago

Then there wont be an issue will there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

How does Tesco look like now after restrictions? Are people jumping over each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Logan Roy wrote: »
    Or we could go for walks up to 2km from our homes?

Yes, but it is often abused, you know yourself. That is the reality.

But hopefully we are all in this together, and will observe and comply with the restrictions.

There will always be those who want a work around the rules that are there for the common good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Well if you live miles from a shop and have no car please explain how you go to the shop. Taxi's cost money. not all shops in all locations deliver. That is my point. You will have to hope people can and will assist you. Tell that to the elderly who are afraid tonight.

How did you do shopping beforehand - failing to see what has changed???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,890 ✭✭✭blackcard

Great. Now instead of driving to a place that I can run or walk whilst not coming within tens, even hundreds, of metres of other humans, I have to walk or run on my busy local paths where joggers and walkers are cheek by jowl. That reduces spread how exactly?

Fair enough. What rule would you bring in to restrict the spread of the virus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Drumpot wrote: »
    I just remembered , I’ve a bit of stuff being delivered to parcel motel over the coming week , most of it is in transit. Suppose I can’t collect it but WTF are they going to do now? A lot of stuff is gonna be sent back......

I had to have a couple of parcels delivered to my sister’s house this week.

I was going to walk over there in the morning to collect them. About a 15 minute walk between our houses.

Are the guards going to pull up and ask questions?

I’ll be in my own - I have OCD and long before all of this I’ve been crossing the road to avoid others to keep them out of my personal space.

I’d be very happy to stay at home too but but I broke the remote for my AppleTV. That is is what I’m going out to collect.

Pretzill wrote: »
    Oh FFS get over it! It's two weeks! You are been asked to stay home and if you must walk within a 2km radius for a brief period of respite in the day ( a bit of air) it's two weeks - which may stop the spread of a virulent disease from killing you or someone you love - be a couch potato if you must, it's not that much to ask :mad:

I think you miss my point. My run will now be on busy paths where distancing is impossible, whereas up until today it has been me in isolation. So in my specific case I am now more at risk of spreading the virus. I’m not going to not run (as I am allowed to do, despite your ‘stay at home’ protestations)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,190 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

kingtiger wrote: »
    people should get it through their thick skulls that we are all on a wartime footing at the moment

we still have the luxury of home comforts and food on the table, there is no ration books, your children are not shipped off alone to some place in the country to escape bombing runs

all is being asked that you stay at ****ing home for a few weeks, how hard is that?

I've seen some people on social media complaining about not being able to visit family members - not realising these measures are there to prevent one family member infecting the other with the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭tommythecat

topper75 wrote: »
    Personal abuse?

I challenge you to try contradict my point instead.

You first. And I didn't personally abuse you. Read my post again.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭con747

paul71 wrote: »
    Their not there. Why are you inventing tiny issues in response to a national crisis. The poster you responded aluded to the fact the GAA are already addressing issues you raised. I told you that Gardai in local areas know the people in their areas and will use descretion when they know they are 15 kms from the nearest shop. If you have such a problem with the issue, why not contact your local GAA club and ask if you can help co-ordinate food deliveries and liase though them with the local Garda station.

I have lived in the country most of my life, local gardai are long gone. And yes i know some have offered help and hope others follow everywhere it is needed as i hope will be the case.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

osarusan wrote: »
    Was it explained what had caused the lockdown to be triggered tonight/at this point?

As opposed to a week ago?

Maybe some mention of ICU beds, or a particular projection they just modelled, or whatever.
    My interpretation is lack of ICU beds, backlog on testing, substantial community spread still prevalent and almost certainly muppets in stupid lengthy queues waiting to chew on chips

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

I have a feeling that those calling for a "full lockdown" for the last fortnight will now be the same ones saying that "they're taking our freedom away".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Oh, sorry but i seem to have heard somewhere that i cannot visit my elderly father who lives 130km away or was i dreaming. Get real would you.
    Do you do his weekly shopping now? If you are then only person caring for him at the moment, there is nothing stopping you from continuing to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

And we wonder why the virus is spreading through our communities. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

I think you miss my point. My run will now be on busy paths where distancing is impossible, whereas up until today it has been me in isolation. So in my specific case I am now more at risk of spreading the virus. I’m not going to not run (as I am allowed to do, despite your ‘stay at home’ protestations)

Here’s an idea: don’t f*cking run.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement