Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Options

Comments

• xbSWVkC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

On the 2k radius, does that mean I can go for a walk for 2k from my home and then 2k back to my home? Or 1K out and 1K back?

You can walk 100 kms within a 2km radius if you like. Its just that you must stay within 2km radius of your house.

But again they said brief exercise so dont actually do 100kms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

I wish they would cut out the waffle and Victor Hugo quotes at this stage.

A half hour conference with 5 min of hard facts. Details of restrictions, no talk of enforcement.

At least Bojo got straight to the point.

• On the 2k radius, does that mean I can go for a walk for 2k from my home and then 2k back to my home? Or 1K out and 1K back?

Surely a TCD student knows what a radius is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Just to remind everyone of what Leo said- The 2km thing is only for exercise. You can go further to shop for food, doctor etc!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

No wonder the place is f*cked, the amount of people commenting here about the 2km radius. If ye watched the conference or read the tens of articles already online ye'd see it is a 2km restriction for exercise not for work or shops. People here must be exchanging brain cells for rolls of toilet roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Weird comment. Sad as **** actually.
    TBF there has been a level of strident hysteria from some posters on that topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

2KM ffs nearest shop to me is 6km away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

Akrasia wrote: »
    The at risk groups include healthcare workers who have already had a fatality and will see many more before this ends. You can stay at home and knit for a few weeks, the ECB can pump a few trillion euros into the money supply to cover a lot of the costs and we’ll bounce back economically

Hopefully they don't use QE but some kind of helicopter money. The people's QE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Tandey

Can I ask how they are going to enforce this?

They are letting criminals out of jail when they should be locked up still. More than 200 of them.

It’s not like you’ll be put in jail anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭dougm1970

eagle eye wrote: »
    This 2km thing is a load of codswallop. I've been driving out to the middle of nowhere to walk my dogs where there is nobody else. If I walk them within 2km of my house I can't avoid people.

yes. i'm the same. in our village, up a mountain, we have 1000 population, and only a few roads in and out with nothing on those roads until you get a few miles out.....then you get to some great areas with space for dog walks etc...forest walks etc....last sunday i walked around a huge lake, sun shining and didnt see a soul.
    if everyone is walking around our 1-street wee village we'll all be on top of each other...even our village park / playground is closed to discourage people being close to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

One in my house over 70 and one under . I presume the one under 70 can go shopping ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

bb12 wrote: »
    the economy will pick up again. there is so much money sitting in peoples savings accounts in this country...nobody can spend a cent at the moment as everything is closed, so once the restrictions are lifted, there'll be a flood of cash flowing again...and it'll probably be the middle of summer too, so more diy, barbeques and probably increased sales of alcohol as everybody will have an end-of-pandemic party.

Flood of cash, from where? At least 40% unemployment by the end of this. There will be no money, no jobs, no private businesse, no tax take to pay the HSE dealing with this. It's over. Think end of WW1, hyper inflation, blaming and war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Gardens all across Ireland will be immaculate for the next few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

People are either thick or trolling. Difficult to know which.

New Home wrote: »
    Do you know what else might be part of their health routine? NOT catching this.

Yes, but some may consider that exercise might assist in boosting their immune system, an important thing with regards to CV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Just to remind everyone of what Leo said- The 2km thing is only for exercise. You can go further to shop for food, doctor etc!!!!

This deserves a repost.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

xbSWVkC.jpg

So funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

This is only getting started, lets hope it is not as bad as it still looks like being.

Praising the government at the moment is like thinking the bank guarantee was good when announced.
    The reality most likely when this is all over will be that many governments including our own will have reacted too late.
    Governments allowed it to get out of control including our own. This is not something to praise, when they are now trying to put out a fire they helped create through initial inaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

YFlyer wrote: »
    Off licences are to be closed.

social distancing will go out of the window when the riots start !

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

That 2km is for exercise, you'll be good on the food run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

I have posted this 3 times already.

2KM radius in only for exercise. You can go outside that for essential needs like food, medicines, doctor etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,765 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So I missed the briefing and the news sites are not exactly clear.

Is this a garda/army enforced lockdown with checkpoints and actual restrictions, or just stronger recommendations?

Given the list of "essential' businesses during the week was still pretty long, has this been redefined? Like is a standard office now closed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

He said two distinct things: Shops and exercise.

So NO ONE is to go to work now unless it's for essential public work and public transport is only for essential public workers?

Is that correct?

I didn't get that from the speech at all, although others seem to have.
    I think it's a case of business as usual at offices, factories and building sites, but no leisure drives or long walks outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,306 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It's 2km for exercise...shopping is grand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Will the Post Office be closed ?

• Advertisement

So NO ONE is to go to work now unless it's for essential public work and public transport is only for essential public workers?

Is that correct?

I didn't get that from the speech at all, although others seem to have.
    I think it's a case of business as usual at offices, factories and building sites, but no leisure drives or long walks outside.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement