Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite Old School WWF Wrestler

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,966 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Ric Flair. Woo!
    Legend, as popular as the Hulkster at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

I’m really sorry Owen, but it has to be the nature boy ric flair wooooooo!

(This hurt me)

I think Ric Flair due to the mark he has made on the business in general. He also doesn't get much credit for his nWo/Vince "We're Partners" run and the sneaky manager of Triple H. He has always been very good and entertaining, despite being in the game for such a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Owen, Wooo, to be the man Woo you gotta beat the Man, Woo.

Flair here no question! One of the best ever and back around the time of the picture he was a WWF Superstar before their were Superstars and just good old Wrestkers

Ric Flair

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

The ravishing one
    Edit ignore me I’m a moron.

• Advertisement

salmocab wrote: »
    The ravishing one

Rick rude?

eldamo wrote: »
    Rick rude?

Goddamit completely mixed them up.
    Apologies all.

eldamo wrote: »
    Rick rude?

Lana?

Ric Flair. He put arses in seats and money in pockets. Owen was just hitting his prime when he died.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Flair wins very handily. Stay tuned for match number 7

• Advertisement

''Macho Man'' Randy Savage

savage-elizabeth-wwf-600x338.jpg

Sarasota, Florida 262 lbs

VS

The Bushwhackers

Buschwackers-2-4028991521.jpg

New Zealand 296lbs

Macho king randy savage and queen Sherri.

Extra credit for (allegedly) tupping a young Steph. Vince never forgave him.

Randy Savage is my pick here - a classic main event wrestler who had a lot of charisma and was able to pull off his gimmick quite well.

Bushwhackers served a purpose, as a comedic duo, but they don't quite stack up against a character like Savage.

Oh tough one loved the bush whackers but macho man was a huge character at the time, along with Elizabeth the First Lady of wrestling if I remember right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,966 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Macho Man. Should make the final 4 here. A huge star, crossed over to films (first best Spider-Man movie), Miss Elizabeth probably the first woman manager in the WWF (I could easily be wrong on that.) Great ring skills, a big-time 'high flyer.'

The Bushwhackers showed up when "Crocodile Dundee" was a hit. Not a lot more than a comedy act

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Gotta be Randy Savage, easily one of the biggest names of WWF back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinbird

Randy Savage.

Macho king easy! He was more successful with titles in WCW but loved him more in WWF! The early Raws are some of my fav memories of him

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Randy Savage

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Notmything

Macho man,for his feud with Ricky the dragon steamboat. Never forget dropping on him with the bell

• Advertisement

Randy Savages the Bushwhackers on his own. Next bout coming up shortly.

''Million Dollar Man'' Ted DiBiase

a9d5e31a9e5f6b49b57c0becf1377d0b.jpg

Various Seasonal Residences 260lbs

VS

Mankind

mankind-socko-1462458529-500.jpg

Long Island, New York 287lbs

Mankind. More iconic moments for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

Toughest one yet but i'll go with a sneaky DiBiase win, getting the pin while holding the shorts :pac: his win at all costs attitude being the only thing separating them.

Million dollar man, loved his character. Vince told him that that’s the character he’d of picked if he could. He was given cash to tip outrageously when he was on the road.
    He was my favourite of all time.

This is a tough one. I'm assuming 'Mankind' includes Mick Foley in general, and not just that particular Mankind character?

But for me it has to be Mankind. His run as Commissioner alone makes him a winner. One of the funniest characters to ever grace the ring, and although Di'biase's promos were fantastic, Foley could really make you sit back and take notice when he wanted to.

Mick Foley... I mean Dude Love... I mean Cactus Jack... I mean Mankind is one of my favorite characters ever!

Have a nice day!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Mankind, anyone that done the mad sh!t he done gets my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭ceegee

Mankind.

He could do menacing heel as well as he could do lovable goof. More memorable matches as well.
    Ted was a great heel but never evolved the character and his matches never blew me away

• Advertisement

Mankind wins it 5-2. That brings us to the halfway point of the first round. I'll pick this up tomorrow and we might get a few more freaks on board with us :D

Advertisement