Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Trying not to touch my face with my hands after walking face first into a spider web! :mad:

TH realising I'm in the TH thread and not the TA thread! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭Bredabe

One of the girls' b/f gave out to me last week as I had the wrong kind of power supply on my sunlight lamp and today he had a brand new lamp delivered to my house to keep me safe and sane.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,499 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Popped in to cheer up after all the C19 depressing threads.

My happy today is I took a bad fall out walking this morning. Ended up flat out on the footpath. The happy bit is how kind people were in helping me gather myself and that there's no major damage done, other than a few aches and pains.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Meeting lucky the tabby twice in one day! twice! both times she legged it over it to me meowing mad and purring! :3 😃

Also trying to fool people that dogs are my favorite animal but no one believing me :3 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

There is actually come good that can come from it. You just have to look a little harder to find it.
    Mostly, IMO, families will be brought closer together as will some communities. The goodness in people will outshine the bad as they help their vulrenable neighbours etc.

Ah no; you are mistaking my point.

Yes people will do and be good in spite of the evil virus. BECAUSE it is evil. The virus does not do that; we do, And what an indictment if we are only good and kind when a nasty thing happens! Thankfully we are not!

Nothing changes the nature of the virus itself else we would not need to do anything. The good we do does not in any way make the virus any better else it would not be evil and we would not need to fight it. It is a filthy nasty killer and there is not one iota of anything not evil in it.

That is why I called it as I do. Evil nasty killer.

And you, kind good people who care and will support those who suffer from it. Evil and good each separate.

The goodness is latent in us. I am very glad some wonderful folk are responding we need all do this in whatever way we can but not be complacent about it. Those of us who can only stay home and pray do good too

It was the same in the UK in the War; we all pulled together to fight pure evil but always recognised the evil. We did not praise it for inciting us to fight as we did; That is how this is.

Evil is evil and good is good and there are too many suffering and dying to think of any goodness etc. Dying painfully. We need never forget that. There is a huge fight ahead

Please excuse me; my own illness is closing in and I needed to say that now rather than the later that looks now as if may not come .

Think kindly of me if you will, and I cannot come back to reply! Bye..

Been grand knowing you and being here. Bless you. This has exhausted me. Drained. Bye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Her life is important and she is important. All of the people are important. You may not be a fan of hers but she is a person too with the hopes and dreams and fears and anxieties.

For me this virus cements my love of people and our shared humanity.

No, she isn't. She is a narcissist and very sick with it too. Her life is full of first world "problems" like faking panic attacks, what designer dress to wear and how many envelopes to open. And this is the kind of person our kids see when they enter the world of social media. I for one don't want my daughter to look to Vogue Williams as a role model. You many want that, that's on you.

Her life is not interesting or in any way pressing. Her problem is she presumes people care about her and want to know more about her. Now, with a global pandemic in full swing, is the time for people like her to vanish into the background and be replaced be genuine connections between human beings.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Rest easy, Grace x

No, she isn't. She is a narcissist and very sick with it too. Her life is full of first world "problems" like faking panic attacks, what designer dress to wear and how many envelopes to open. And this is the kind of person our kids see when they enter the world of social media. I for one don't want my daughter to look to Vogue Williams as a role model. You many want that, that's on you.

Her life is not interesting or in any way pressing. Her problem is she presumes people care about her and want to know more about her. Now, with a global pandemic in full swing, is the time for people like her to vanish into the background and be replaced be genuine connections between human beings .

Hope so.
    I used to know someone who lived half in and half out of an online fantasy world. I think the way our society is, is isolating in itself, and we need the connections again. I wonder if he will get better as a result of something like this. And others living through websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,476 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Graces7 wrote: »
    Ah no; you are mistaking my point.

Yes people will do and be good in spite of the evil virus. BECAUSE it is evil. The virus does not do that; we do, And what an indictment if we are only good and kind when a nasty thing happens! Thankfully we are not!

Nothing changes the nature of the virus itself else we would not need to do anything. The good we do does not in any way make the virus any better else it would not be evil and we would not need to fight it. It is a filthy nasty killer and there is not one iota of anything not evil in it.

That is why I called it as I do. Evil nasty killer.

And you, kind good people who care and will support those who suffer from it. Evil and good each separate.

The goodness is latent in us. I am very glad some wonderful folk are responding we need all do this in whatever way we can but not be complacent about it. Those of us who can only stay home and pray do good too

It was the same in the UK in the War; we all pulled together to fight pure evil but always recognised the evil. We did not praise it for inciting us to fight as we did; That is how this is.

Evil is evil and good is good and there are too many suffering and dying to think of any goodness etc. Dying painfully. We need never forget that. There is a huge fight ahead

Please excuse me; my own illness is closing in and I needed to say that now rather than the later that looks now as if may not come .

Think kindly of me if you will, and I cannot come back to reply! Bye..

Been grand knowing you and being here. Bless you. This has exhausted me. Drained. Bye

Seriously, what is this nonsense?

A virus isn't a sentient being with/without a sense of morality. It's a strain of a common virus that can be dangerous for high risk groups, it's not a good-v-evil biblical apocalypse.

Her life is not interesting or in any way pressing. Her problem is she presumes people care about her and want to know more about her. Now, with a global pandemic in full swing, is the time for people like her to vanish into the background and be replaced be genuine connections between human beings.

Well you certainly seem to know far more about the woman than I do. Tell me your secret? How can you look inside another person and determine whether or not they have a personality disorder and can see their thoughts and feelings? Or maybe you have had personal dealings with her? Or you are a psychiatrist and she is a client?

I am very interested. I too would like to have your power.

• Advertisement

I know this isn't the thread for it but it makes me sad to see some of the names who thanked a post which dismisses another human as being unimportant. I couldn't give a damn about celebrity culture but for Jaysus sake we are all in this together.

I know this isn't the thread for it but it makes me sad to see some of the names who thanked a post which dismisses another human as being unimportant. I couldn't give a damn about celebrity culture but for Jaysus sake we are all in this together.

Its the bit about real human connections I thanked it for, personally

Id just say that theres no look or type of person who suffers real panic attacks. I was disbelieved about mine because I supposedly had no good reason for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

'playing' guitar with my 6 yo ,with her 7 yo brother on keyboards in 'our band'. All their teddies were the audience. Great craic and the crowd loved it :)
    Then we had sweets :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭seven of nine

Try not to be stressing too much Grace's. You think of it how you want too. Btw I think of it as an evil f*cker too xx

Wish it were better circumstances but th happy St Patrick's day ðŸ€ðŸ’š☘🇮🇪

• Registered Users Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The amount of online classes springing up over the weekend, so far I've seen, chess,joga,dancing for children and adults, singing and various languages.

Thanks you teachers for doing this!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Bredabe wrote: »
    The amount of online classes springing up over the weekend, so far I've seen, chess,joga,dancing for children and adults, singing and various languages.

Thanks you teachers for doing this!

Any link or website name? TIA

BBC bitesize history website has nice interactive educational games for younger kids. There's a science section too iirc.
    Homemade scented playdough is a good one for young children.
    TH the fires been tricky and miserable lately but I just got it burning brightly again despite no firelighters, newspaper etc.
    Potatoe starch packing beads and a Brennans bread wrapper :)

I’ve time for simpler things at the moment - so I’ve just made myself a very nice coffee (with thanks to George Clooney), sat in a comfy armchair we bought when my (late) Mum came over a few years ago, and listened to Laoise Kelly’s album Ceis. And I do mean “listened”. I feel good. I hope it lasts a bit longer

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

https://mobile.twitter.com/ikaveri/status/1239660248207589383?s=21

Saw this in the Covid thread. And there are dolphins in Trieste, too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I just had roast lamb for dinner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I went out for a walk with daughters and dog and spoke (from a distance) to the first adult outside of family since Saturday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Old Town by Phil Lynott just on the radio, love that song :)

Very fancy special editions of books I had my eye on have gone on 30% sale to appeal to people "stuck at home".

Also TH just to have lovely company. I've been reminded to be grateful. Sometimes when you miss someone it clouds your enjoyment of the ones you still have.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

If you type 'rng' into google it pops up with a Random Number Generator. You paly 'Higher and Lower' for hours! Solo or with friends*!

*friends may or may not exist.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

If you type 'rng' into google it pops up with a Random Number Generator. You paly 'Higher and Lower' for hours! Solo or with friends*!

*friends may or may not exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I got an e-mail from the Lotto to say I was a winner. No money was added to my account so I assume I'm a millionaire. (I still have to go to work tomorrow, I think...)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,476 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I got an e-mail from the Lotto to say I was a winner. No money was added to my account so I assume I'm a millionaire. (I still have to go to work tomorrow, I think...)

Coincidentally, I would just like to say you were always my favourite poster. :p

Woke this morning to the sound of birdsong. I just lay there for a couple of minutes listening. A most melodious bird, full of the joys of spring, which he (she?) freely passed on to me.

A lovely gift to start my day

• Registered Users Posts: 13,463 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

No long hair to tickle the ears, brush off the face, or pull away from the neck... overall, not a bad cut - could've been worse.

...just happy to have it cut before shop closures.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Ruby Ring

After a blissful sleep, I awoke to the very beautiful "Morning" (Edvard Grieg) playing on Lyric FM.

Advertisement