Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A message from Jason cat
    o
    And farewell from me; continued aggression is making it too hard to log on here now. Am increasingly ill and is too hard to cope with . Sitting abed weeping helplessly . Too old and too ill for boards and it was such a help in these terrible times . so very hard.
    so cold and so tired and so OLD.
    Nothing I can do except pray and I do that and will do that out here alone.

Blessings and bye

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Graces7 wrote: »
    A message from Jason cat
    o
    And farewell from me; continued aggression is making it too hard to log on here now. Am increasingly ill and is too hard to cope with . Sitting abed weeping helplessly . Too old and too ill for boards and it was such a help in these terrible times . so very hard.
    so cold and so tired and so OLD.
    Nothing I can do except pray and I do that and will do that out here alone.

Blessings and bye

You're also a tower of strength and resilience and a very cool lady.
    You have years of sheer awesomeness on any of them.
    Please take what good you can from the site and leave the bad.
    You make many of us TH with your posts.
    I've tried messaging you a while back about gardening things but my messages were broken. I must try again now its fixed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Ruby Ring

Hope you feel better soon Graces7. I have always enjoyed your cat postings.
    This thread appeals to me as it has lots of positivity.

My trivially happy today is that I found a precious lost earring when cleaning out the car this morning. I had all but given up on finding it but it's now twinkling on my ear. A nice start to the day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ruby Ring wrote: »

My trivially happy today is that I found a precious lost earring when cleaning out the car this morning. I had all but given up on finding it but it's now twinkling on my ear. A nice start to the day.

tumblr_n256g3wlxw1qh59n0o1_500.png

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

TH at getting a video from my sister this morning of my niece doing a big smiley, laughing "Uncle Guy" dance. The funniest and cutest bit was her getting shy halfway into it, that lasted for all of five seconds then it was back to bopping away again! :D
    I can't see the family for a few weeks so I've been promised regular dance videos throughout. I can't wait! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,372 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

TH of finally getting my paws on A Conspiracy of Bones by Kathy Reichs, my favourite author, after its release being delayed by a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm part of a group in WhatsApp and there is a guy in it (I actually never met him but we are part of the same group) who would wreck your head.
    He posts random and irrelevant 'funny' pictures / memes and doesn't get the hint when noone acknowledges them.
    I see this evening that the group administrator has removed him. He hehe.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Sending the email just now stating I won't be back in this building until covid has completely gone and I'm making myself available for work from home. Ball is in your court employers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I climbed a tree to rescue a young kitty this evening. Feel like wonder woman as I’m not good on heights and she needed a lot of gentle coaxing to come to me. My cheering party were a gaggle of older cats who had led her up there in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭seven of nine

Melted chocolate :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

honeybear wrote: »
    I climbed a tree to rescue a young kitty this evening. Feel like wonder woman as I’m not good on heights and she needed a lot of gentle coaxing to come to me. My cheering party were a gaggle of older cats who had led her up there in the first place.

Honeybear you are the best ! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Had a very simple day but very pleasant all the same.

Good weather allowed me walk the dog, letting him to take his time sniffing the grass.

A game of basketball with just me and my daughter really made her happy as she can't hang out with pals. Her confirmation was postponed on Friday so it was nice to see her happy.

The Sunday trip to the coffee shop was replaced with tea and ham sandwiches at home. Everyone thought the sandwiches were nice.

Early evening and we all went for a long walk in the countryside and then home for roast beef dinner.

A lot there to be grateful for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

A glass of Baileys earlier on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Coming into AH proper after the fcucking million miles an hour thread that is COVID19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I brought the elderly uncle out for a drive. He has a heart condition so trying to keep him safe. He had been nagging me to bring him to visit family graves, nowhere safer than that! It got him out of the house for a while, plus bought him an ice cream cone on the way back. Little things.

I sprinkled cinnamon oil onto the air-moistening/freshening pot of water on the stove. Smells nice. That's all. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭seven of nine

I'm so organised. My washing basket is empty!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Ruby Ring

Great TH madmaggie.

In from a happy run. Had birdsong in one ear, Lyric FM in the other and earrings twinkling on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Goodigal

My 8 year old came in just now after waking up - he told me he knows exactly how to use a bow and arrow now, cos he had a dream about it! The cute face on him telling me!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

One good thing to come out of this whole virus thing, it puts your life into perspective. The only things that matter in this world are your health and the health of your loves ones. Everything else is background noise.

Hopefully people can see how ridiculous it is to be subscribing to empty vessels like Vogue Williams, who is still trying to shove her narcissism into the media by some stupid announcement about a baby (didn't read the whole headline). She isn't important, her life isn't important, her "problems" are absolutely pointless.

Family. Love. Health. That's all there is.

• Advertisement

WRM what really matters. It does bring it home.

TH theyre doing the volunteer group to help isolated people with supplies around here too. Saw a notice in the local shop. Even though I love people and believe in their inherent goodness for the most part, Ive also seen some of the darkest of human nature and at times I've believed a lord of the flies type outcome is most likely when humanity is in real crisis ( this isn't it) but lately my faith is restored.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

St Patrick's Day tomorrow

WRM what really matters. It does bring it home.

TH theyre doing the volunteer group to help isolated people with supplies around here too. Saw a notice in the local shop. Even though I love people and believe in their inherent goodness for the most part, Ive also seen some of the darkest of human nature and at times I've believed a lord of the flies type outcome is most likely when humanity is in real crisis ( this isn't it) but lately my faith is restored.

What cheers me is the number of young people getting involved.

One good thing to come out of this whole virus thing, it puts your life into perspective. The only things that matter in this world are your health and the health of your loves ones. Everything else is background noise.

Hopefully people can see how ridiculous it is to be subscribing to empty vessels like Vogue Williams, who is still trying to shove her narcissism into the media by some stupid announcement about a baby (didn't read the whole headline). She isn't important, her life isn't important, her "problems" are absolutely pointless.

Family. Love. Health. That's all there is.

Her life is important and she is important. All of the people are important. You may not be a fan of hers but she is a person too with the hopes and dreams and fears and anxieties.

For me this virus cements my love of people and our shared humanity.

Her life is important and she is important. All of the people are important. You may not be a fan of hers but she is a person too with the hopes and dreams and fears and anxieties.

For me this virus cements my love of people and our shared humanity.

:confused: I think you missed the very valid point. Ah well!

This virus is an evil killer; nothing good can or will come from it. Knowing that reality makes me less unhappy.

There is a really really beautiful man in my kitchen. And he's laughing with my daughter. My heart might explode...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭blade1

branie2 wrote: »
    St Patrick's Day tomorrow

With all the hullabaloo I forgot no work tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,601 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

This virus is an evil killer; nothing good can or will come from it. Knowing that reality makes me less unhappy.

It's not evil, it's a virus.

Most of us will be ok even if we contract it. The hardest part is the sudden shift in lifestyle, social isolation and the financial fallout will bite, but life will carry on as normal eventually.

I don't think I did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

There is actually come good that can come from it. You just have to look a little harder to find it.
    Mostly, IMO, families will be brought closer together as will some communities. The goodness in people will outshine the bad as they help their vulrenable neighbours etc.

Advertisement