Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

TH at the neighbours kitten, such a cute little thing. It made me jump when it bounced down out of a tree in front of me earlier. Then it was crouched down waiting to pounce on some daffodils blowing in the breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Seems to me today that for every hard thing there is a happy.

Not up to cooking a meal but LO! enjoyed a favourite ready meal! ( Irish cabbage and bacon and the cats "devoured" with their eyes, all lined up! )

Late in the year for me to be lighting the fire? Bitterly cold and LO! I have coal and turf enough for heat and cheer....

Forgot to order chocolate? But LO! At the very back of the fridge.. Cadbury smiled at me.

A trio of happies...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Making a nice breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Making a nice breakfast.

Slides plate across ;)

I'm TH that I'm going on a mini break :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Autosport wrote: »
    Slides plate across ;)

I'm TA that I'm going on a mini break :)

*slides back empty plate* :pac:

TH you mean :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

A sandwich and a cup of tea. I have this weird thing about sandwiches/ rolls etc. Maybe I was starved in a past life. I feel such an immense gratitude when I have one. I don't feel that way about other food the rest of the time though! It's just something so comforting about the cuppa and sandwich. Several years ago, with a particularly bad case of the fear and feeling ravenous after a few drinks the night before, I actually cried before eating my sandwich :confused::D
    Anyway, TH and bless the humble sambo and cuppa :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Just had two soft boiled eggs mashed up on toast for brunch. Heaven. Now for the coffee. No interruptions please

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

We found a power source the works for my sunlight lamp. It's not a great replacement, but here I am sitting with it shining happily in the background.TH

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

My lovable asshole of a cat usually jumps up on the bed while I'm asleep. Last night she woke me up by pushing all 4 paws into my back to try and move me over as she wanted a specific spot in the bed. Of course I obliged, just thought it was very funny

Meeting lucky the tabby cat, as soon as she saw me she legged over to me looking for the rubs ! 🐱😃

[IMG][/img]IMG20200309121903.jpg
    IMG20200309122013.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Finally kissing a guy I’ve had a massive crush on for over two years....and then taking the piss out of each other afterwards. He’s class :D

TH this post! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

After two weeks, I finally have decent internet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going to see Bloodshot at the cinema on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I can see :D I can see!!

I love my new reading glasses :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Happy to have my own human radiator beside me (my 'other halff'). With the rain drumming steadily on our window above my head, I feel peaceful & relaxed. I love these rare moments in life when all the chaotic stress recedes and it feels like the two of us exist outside of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I had a late night workout.
    I'm just lying down here enjoying the feel-good neurotransmitters.
    Its almost cosmic.

A daisy . Wild flowers etc are late always, and my daffodils got withered in bud by the winds :( Oh would love a bunch of daffs! yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaarn! lol)

So early today battled the gale to take a short walk and LO! ON the verge a daisy smiled up at me...

I had a dear friend, a Sister, who used to say, " Whenever I see a daisy I want to worship …"

On the coronavirus thread yesterday someone said they saw a person lick a traffic cone. One of the people that thanked it was: 'theydidwhat?!'

Today someone said that women having babies gives them a better immune system than men and 'morebabies' thanked it.

Do those people know what they're doing thanking these posts. Are they doing it for the lols? Made me TH anyways!

Happy goodnight from me and Jacob.

Big moon tonight

• Advertisement

OH is building a portable chicken coop for me :)
    Gonna get me some Silky Bantams. Cool little chickens with fluffy feet and fuzzy hairstyles. I want a guinea fowl too.
    Also TH my houseplants are alive and growing! The collection started in September. It's a miracle. I had green fingers for everything except houseplants, before.

OH is building a portable chicken coop for me :)
    Gonna get me some Silky Bantams. Cool little chickens with fluffy feet and fuzzy hairstyles. I want a guinea fowl too.
    Also TH my houseplants are alive and growing! The collection started in September. It's a miracle. I had green fingers for everything except houseplants, before.

Guinea fowl are lovely but so loud and noisy!

Graces7 wrote: »
    Guinea fowl are lovely but so l[B[/B][/B]oud and noisy!

I had one named Raspberries (for the wobbly bit) years ago but I don't remember that, maybe he was an exception.

I've seen all black chickens called Ayem Cemani. Really quite scary looking...black head to toe...but with a purplish green lustre like a magpie's wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

New shoes, I'm easily pleased.

This week's edition of Ireland's Own. Some great articles on St. Patrick in it

I had one named Raspberries (for the wobbly bit) years ago but I don't remember that, maybe he was an exception.

I've seen all black chickens called Ayem Cemani. Really quite scary looking...black head to toe...but with a purplish green lustre like a magpie's wing.

I had and bred peafowl; at one stage I had two peacocks who used to yell at each other over the roof... So tame; try getting out of the door when a peacock is standing there . his tail up.. lol..

Relieved more than happy that today is not grocery day ( next week) as we have an orange gale warning and no one will be on the water.. LOVE being cut off! Happy day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

The chatter of birds in the garden going about their business despite all the storms. I can imagine the number of nests that are been destroyed and yet they just start on a new one.

Dan.

branie2 wrote: »
    This week's edition of Ireland's Own. Some great articles on St. Patrick in it
    I used to buy that now and then and liked the articles about Irish history and crafts and heritage sites.
    Graces7 wrote: »
    I had and bred peafowl; at one stage I had two peacocks who used to yell at each other over the roof... So tame; try getting out of the door when a peacock is standing there . his tail up.. lol..
    Ha :) I heard they can be aggressive with each other...but I suppose thats true of any poultry/bird males?
    TH Found a present for my godchildren (twins) . A teddy bear made in the old fashioned style that looks perfect for dragging around on adventures. Cotton and sheeps wool. Of course I have to decide whether to buy in duplicate or a pale brown and dark brown one.Would that cause an argument? Or would they hate having identical things, if people do that? They're only a few months old, who knows!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I used to buy that now and then and liked the articles about Irish history and crafts and heritage sites.

Ha :) I heard they can be aggressive with each other...but I suppose thats true of any poultry/bird males?
    TH Found a present for my godchildren (twins) . A teddy bear made in the old fashioned style that looks perfect for dragging around on adventures. Cotton and sheeps wool. Of course I have to decide whether to buy in duplicate or a pale brown and dark brown one.Would that cause an argument? Or would they hate having identical things, if people do that? They're only a few months old, who knows!

Two each, one dark and one light! And when they're bigger they can go on picnics with them. :)

Advertisement