Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards PW Draft 2020 - Discussion (and Sign Up) Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Would certainly add to ShagNastii's PPV buy rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Writing up my first show

Its gets a bit easier after show 1 cause you have an idea what direction you're going in

Creative writing is deff not as easy as you think

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Writing up my first show

Its gets a bit easier after show 1 cause you have an idea what direction you're going in

Creative writing is deff not as easy as you think

Aren't we only allowed 1 and the PPV this year?

Currently trying to cram all my backstory into one myself.

Oh and yeah I've no issues with someone taking a load of jobbers who were not drafted and putting them in a battle royal.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Just two posts yeah. I've been tempted to extend it given we are most likely going to have more free time this year very shortly but I think as people signed up as a result of the reduction, it's better if we keep it the way it is for this year.

****e I thought it was a choice of how many shows we wanted???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Yeah we all agreed two posts. Think it was to give people no excuse to get content up.

I'm putting most my effort in my build up post. I'm utterly crap at writing matches so my PPV shall be short and sweet.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Yeah we all agreed two posts. Think it was to give people no excuse to get content up.

I'm putting most my effort in my build up post. I'm utterly crap at writing matches so my PPV shall be short and sweet.

Same as myself

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

If you want to fit a couple of shows in your first post you can do that, there's no guidelines on how you use your posts.

I'm not sure what format I'm using myself tbh. Possibly lengthy backstories and then a shortened PPV with pay offs most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Sorry for the delay, I misread the times on the thread & thought I had until morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Final Picks made :) actually have an idea for both aswell

• Advertisement

with the current circumstances can we change the rule and allow us to write up more shows instead of 1 build up show and our PPV ??

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Personally think a lot of people joined (myself included) because the write up was restricted to 2 posts. Would prefer to see it stay that way myself, but happy to go along with whatever’s agreed!

PTH2009 wrote: »
    with the current circumstances can we change the rule and allow us to write up more shows instead of 1 build up show and our PPV ??

It's a shame, but as I said previously:
    Necro wrote: »
    Just two posts yeah. I've been tempted to extend it given we are most likely going to have more free time this year very shortly but I think as people signed up as a result of the reduction, it's better if we keep it the way it is for this year.

In the interest of fairness to those who signed up based on the two post rule I'm going to keep it that way for this year's edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Necro wrote: »
    It's a shame, but as I said previously:

In the interest of fairness to those who signed up based on the two post rule I'm going to keep it that way for this year's edition.

Aye, I’m still working from home full time so wouldn’t be able to do additional shows :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Have all my feuds ear marked in my head and the general theme around each feud, now the harď part in terms of creating feuds folks would watch on a PPV.

Thanks for running the draft Necro. Much appreciated

Mad that Gail Kim lasted so long.

Bobby Lashley and in particular Gail Kim lasting till the last few picks is incredible value

I have all my matches sorted. Winners/losers, match stipulation, etc...

Now I have to structure my show which was the part I wasn't looking forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mad that Gail Kim lasted so long.

Why did I think she had been picked already :o

My plan was to have Santino, fresh from a press junket back in Italy, come back and win a gimmick battle royal.

On his trip he would vaguely encounter “Covid-19s”. Returning at the PPV his coughing and spluttering would empty the ring quickly and very comedically.

Has gonna a bit more real the last few days now it’s closer to home. I’m gonna sh1tcan this angle.

JP Liz if you wanna use Santino. Burst on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Hammer of the Clods

Final picks in! Thanks to Necro for running all this!

ShagNastii wrote: »
    My plan was to have Santino, fresh from a press junket back in Italy, come back and win a gimmick battle royal.

On his trip he would vaguely encounter “Covid-19s”. Returning at the PPV his coughing and spluttering would empty the ring quickly and very comedically.

Has gonna a bit more real the last few days now it’s closer to home. I’m gonna sh1tcan this angle.

JP Liz if you wanna use Santino. Burst on.

I might use Santina as another of Punk's "ladies"

I'd like to echo the thanks to Necro for running this, if not for him I don't think we would have had a draft this year which would have been a shame.

Now it'd seem it is time for me to end the picks portion of the game for 2020. I'll have my final picks up in the next hour or 2 (whenever I can get the young fellah to sleep).

giphy.gif

I'll post this here as well so people can see it:

That concludes the picking phase of the 2020 PW Draft.

Thank you all for completing folks.

The Official Picks thread will continue now as the Write-Up Thread.

A reminder of the Write Up Rules:
    Write Up Rules

Players are limited to a maximum of 2 posts.

One is for your company statement, to outline your roster - the major players, feuds etc. This is not mandatory.

The second post is your match card. Your ultimate fantasy match ups as drafted by you.

Due to posting limitations re: images, if you wish to extend your PPV across your two posts this is permitted.

As of now I am setting the deadline for completion of Write Ups as

Saturday, 11th April. There may be a further one week extension provided (as is tradition) if necessary, but no further extensions will be provided.

Please try to get something in, even if that is only a list of matches based on your drafted rosters.

Only those posting Write Ups (that is, your PPV card) will be eligible to vote - or be voted for.

Good luck everyone and happy writing :D

And just for the record

Finalised Rosters:

Player Name Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4 Round 5 Round 6 Round 7 Round 8 Round 9 Round 10 Round 11 Round 12 Round 13 Round 14 Round 15
    Mr. Nice Guy Hulk Hogan Roman Reigns Scott Steiner JBL Booker T Rick Rude Ricky Steamboat Bobby Heenan Ron Simmons Barry Windham, Jerry Lawler (Trade) Muhammad Hassan & Daivari Mitsuharu Mitsawa, Sgt Slaughter & Hacksaw Jim Duggan Rick Steiner & Kevin Sullivan Stacy Keibler Sharmell, Honky Tonk Man & Greg Valentine
    Lord TSC Undertaker Broken' Matt Hardy Mick Foley Aleister Black Braun Strowman Raven & Tommy Dreamer William Regal Darby Allin Evil Uno & Stu Grayson Orange Cassidy Alexa Bliss Nikki Cross, Rosemary Ozzy Osbourne The Iron Shiek & Nikolai Volkoff R-Truth, Viscera & Mideon
    Bounty Hunter John Cena Vince Mc Mahon Mr. Perfect (Trade) Cody Rhodes & Goldust Dusty Rhodes Hiroshi Tanahasi Ultimate Warrior The Fabulous Freebirds Demolition (Trade), Chris Benoit (Trade) Lex Luger (Trade) Shayna Baszler Superstar' Billy Graham, Aja Kong President Donald Trump Crush & Yokozuna Barack Obama (gifted), Buddy Roberts & Adrian Adonis, Bob Backlund & Jerry Brisco
    beakerjoe Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly Ric Flair Matt Riddle, Maxwell Jacob Friedman (Trade) Batista Walter Rob Van Dam Umaga Ronda Rousey (Trade) Dynamite Kid Britt Baker The Usos Michael Elgin, Nyla Rose Mark Wahlberg Roderick Strong Bobby Fish, Rosie
    Necro Jeff Hardy Brock Lesnar Andre The Giant Dolph Ziggler (Trade) Ted DiBiase & IRS Bobby Roode New Age Outlaws Paul Heyman Cowboy James Storm Kerry Von Erich Chuck Palumbo & Sean O'Haire Chris Kanyon, Tessa Blanchard Floyd Mayweather Chelsea Green Bob Sapp, Victoria & Brooke Tessmacher
    brianregan09 The Rock Eddie Guerrero Kenny Omega Rey Mysterio Pentagon Jr & Rey Fenix Tazz & Sabu Sheamus Adam Page Will Ospreay Konnan Ultimo Dragon Sin Cara, Homicide & Hernandez Arnold Schwarzenegger Lance Storm & Justin Credible Nathan Jones, Vladimir Koslov
    ShagNastii Shawn Michaels Scott Hall Sting (Trade) Kevin Nash Tetsuaya Naito The Great Muta Shane McMahon Velveteen Dream (Trade) Eric Bischoff (Trade) Alberto Del Rio, Diamond Dallas Page (Trade) Nick Aldis & Nigel McGuinness Harley Race, X-Pac Jorge Masvidal Big Cass & Enzo Amore Santino Marella, Brutus Beefcake
    Hello 2D Person Below Stone Cold Steve Austin Rowdy Roddy Piper Road Warriors Kane Brian Pillman Luna Vachon Pac Jesse Ventura Paul Bearer Haku Manami Toyota Gorilla Monsoon & Bruno Sammartino, Lou Thesz Jim Cornette Paul Ellering Midnight Express
    PTH2009 Edge Goldberg Drew McIntyre Big Show Christian Austin Aries Finlay Abyss Hurricane Helms Bad News Barrett Hardcore Holly Jason Jordan, Rhyno & Heath Slater Seth Green Mason Ryan Eric Young, Killian Dain
    daithi1989 Tommaso Ciampa & Johnny Gargano Kofi Kingston (Trade) Big E & Xavier Woods Trish Stratus Sasha Banks Bully Ray Pete Dunne War Raiders D-Von Dudley (Trade) Buddy Murphy Carlito & Chris Masters Bayley, Rusev Street Profits King Corbin Ryback, Mickie James
    Furious Red Seth Rollins AJ Styles Keith Lee Samoa Joe Shinsuke Nakamura Ricochet & Matt Sydal Andrade The Revival Santana & Ortiz Rhea Ripley Asuka Paul London & Brian Kendrick, Shawn Spears Hugh Jackman Eddie Edwards Gail Kim, Bobby Lashley
    thebostoncrab Chris Jericho Kurt Angle Kazuchika Okada Kenta Kobashi (Trade) Zack Sabre Jr. & Minoru Suzuki Marty Scurrl Chris Sabin (Trade) Jushin Liger KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian Tama Tanga & Tanga Loa Bad Luck Fale, Taiji Ishmori & El Phantasmo KENTA (Trade) Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson Hiromu Takahashi, Katsuyori Shibata
    JP Liz V1 CM Punk Becky Lynch Owen Hart and The British Bulldog Lita Tyson Kidd & Cesaro Jeff Jarrett The Miz Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas Jack Swagger Mr. Kennedy Damien Sandow & Titus O'Neil, Beth Phoenix Tyson Fury Michelle Mc Cool & Layla Bianca Belair, Colt Cabana
    NITRO95 John Moxley Vader Kay Lee Ray, Kevin Owens (Trade) Kalisto & Sami Zayn Trent Seven & Tyler Bate David Starr The Great Sasuke LA Park The Briscoes Io Shirai & Kairi Sane Paige Chris Hero, Bam Bam Bigelow Tajiri La Familia Real Low Ki & Homicide, Fr. James Mitchell
    A Brad Maddox Guy Triple H Randy Savage Finn Balor Randy Orton Young Bucks Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard Jordan Devlin Stephanie McMahon Kota Ibushi Nitro & Mercury Switchblade' Jay White Angel Garza & Humberto Carillo, Ken Shamrock & The Big Boss Man Toni Storm Candice Le Rae Rikishi & Scotty 2 Hotty, Miss Elizabeth
    Hammer of the Clods Daniel Bryan Bret Hart Bray Wyatt Jake The Snake Roberts Bruiser Brody & Stan Hansen Awesome Kong Charlotte Flair AJ Lee Luke Harper & Eric Rowan Mark Henry & MVP Chyna Psycho Sid, Dan Spivey Jim Neidhart Terry & Dory Funk Killer Elite Squad, Private Party

Thanks Necro.

Picks were very smooth.

Good luck with the write ups PW heads.

Thank You Necro

I'm kinda glad the draft is this time as a distraction, good luck everyone and take care

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Thanks for the work, Necro. Turned out we needed this game more than ever.

I'm going to begin writing over the weekend and try to get submissions in next week.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

Thanks for the work, Necro. Turned out we needed this game more than ever.

It's funny (not in a laughing way) how things turn out isn't it? I was only thinking this the other day tbh!

Advertisement