Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PW Draft 2020 - Discussion (and Sign Up) Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Is there going to be a write ups thread started?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,706 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Have a make major changes to my shows

I was going by the impression of there being a number of build up shows and the PPV

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote:
    Is there going to be a write ups thread started?

It's continuing on in the Picks Thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Might be a good idea to change the title of the picks thread and add the deadline date as well if possible.

I've decided what I'll do is a preview post explaining my champs and the feuds, and then I'll do the PPV.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Might be a good idea to change the title of the picks thread and add the deadline date as well if possible.

I've decided what I'll do is a preview post explaining my champs and the feuds, and then I'll do the PPV.

I'm doing the same 2 post (well I guess 3 with the PPV split over 2 due to images etc) plan of a preview show and then my PPV aka Wrestlepalooza VII

Changed the title of the other one there as suggested and added the finalised rosters to the OP of that thread too.

• Advertisement

Same.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

My preview show is done:

Grapplemania preview

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

My preview show is done:

Grapplemania preview

Sets you up very nicely indeed for your PPV.

My BWA Preview show is now also up.

Wrestlepalooza VII here we come!

let me know if any videos etc didn't embed correctly

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Preview show for Natural Selection V is up.

Shorter than usual but I'm sort of pushed for time this year unfortunately.

I have some work done today. Images created, some writing. So has flowed effortlessly, other areas have hit writing block on how to best execute my idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

I've spent too long trying to figure out one match in particular. Not sure how to best make it work. I'll work on other matches tomorrow instead.

I'm enjoying writing the Monsoon and Jesse Ventura bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Gonna draw up my final plans tonight before I post it up :)

Finished my main event preview which is one match and my main feud. 8 pages on Google docs.

Each other feud will not be as long but I am spent.

Getting there for my build up show (which will include social media interviews after it). A lot of the roster occupied and im clear enough on what direction im going in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Fair play to yis. I'm obviously going to post at least my ppv card with explanations. I would hope to do a full preview and PPV but I'm finding it particularly hard to concentrate at the moment. Anxiety is sky high when I don't have work, TV or video games distracting me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Got my preview show up :) very happy with it seen as i didn't get the time to participate the last year :)

is April 11th the deadline for all our shows or just our build up one ???

PTH2009 wrote: »
    is April 11th the deadline for all our shows or just our build up one ???

All shows :)

Necro wrote: »
    All shows :)

cool thanks

not able to write match ups (im not that creative sadly) but ill try and do a rough layout

My build up show has been uploaded

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113024615&postcount=269

Enjoy everyone :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Good stuff PTH!

I'm really labouring over my PPV this year for some reason.

I have the matches laid out in my head but writing them seems to be problematic for some reason.

I'm thinking I may have to do a synopsis of each instead, but I still have a bit of time too so will see how I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Struggling to put anything together myself, but hopefully will get something down over the wkend whole watching WM.

Bar my 4-5 Tag Team, have nothing else really in mind!!

Have my preview written, will hopefully have it posted later today. Need to fix up the formatting and make sure it isn't too long - that's not a problem I anticipate for the PPV itself :pac:

Have my preview written, will hopefully have it posted later today. Need to fix up the formatting and make sure it isn't too long - that's not a problem I anticipate for the PPV itself :pac:

Im just editing images now, should hopefully have my preview done in next 2 days.

I hope youre all familar with the Movies of Mark Wahlberg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'll get something written before the deadline.

I'm being slammed work wise currently though. Apparently being a toy seller right as all kids are locked at home, and all the brick-and-mortar stores are shut, means a massively increased work load.

But I've got the matches laid out in my head, so should be able to bang up something :)

Hope we are given time after the deadline so as to be able to read everyones stuff too. I read MNGs, posted my preview which I had been prepping little by little over the past several weeks and since then haven't had a huge amount of time to check anything done since. With the newborn and the lack of a lockdown etc here I've not exactly had loads of time myself so will be using spare non sleep time to just try to get my own done.

Glad to hear your business is doing well LTSC, too many people I know are struggling with what's going on, gotta be a silver lining somewhere.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'll get something written before the deadline.

I'm being slammed work wise currently though. Apparently being a toy seller right as all kids are locked at home, and all the brick-and-mortar stores are shut, means a massively increased work load.

But I've got the matches laid out in my head, so should be able to bang up something :)

What you selling Lord.....

Hope we are given time after the deadline so as to be able to read everyones stuff too. I read MNGs, posted my preview which I had been prepping little by little over the past several weeks and since then haven't had a huge amount of time to check anything done since. With the newborn and the lack of a lockdown etc here I've not exactly had loads of time myself so will be using spare non sleep time to just try to get my own done.

Glad to hear your business is doing well LTSC, too many people I know are struggling with what's going on, gotta be a silver lining somewhere.

Ah yeah, I was planning on giving one week maybe reading post deadline.

I suppose I had best ask the question, does anyone want a one week extension on submitting the write ups at this point?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

beakerjoe wrote: »
    What you selling Lord.....

Toys and games.

Last week, when the UK shut schools, every board game, every jigsaw, every Dungeons and Dragons set, every arts and crafts kit, flew out the door. Flipped from two really poor weeks when we started shutting things down, where people weren't buying much, to last week where everyone was trapped at home and suddenly everyone wanted anything to keep their kids entertained.

As BH said, it's a silver lining at an awful time. And there's a little worry that Amazon aren't letting sellers send stock in currently, so next week could be dire, but at the moment, I know I'm extremely lucky to say business is going very well, considering how many are struggling.

Advertisement