Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoronaVirus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

Do not travel to Spain, i am in Spain everything is locked down, army on the streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

6541 wrote: »
    Do not travel to Spain, i am in Spain everything is locked down, army on the streets.

Will you get back?
    Due to go to Lanzarote soon, not going now obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

In Lanzarote now business as usual for the moment but that’ll change we’re told from Monday. Irish bars packed along the strip but the resort noticeably quieter but not deserted. Army not on streets or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭PCros

So I was heading to Vegas on the 3rd of April with BA.

Now that Trump has included Ireland and UK do I just get an automatic refund or what is the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Fireball81 wrote: »
    No non US nationals allowed to fly to the US from UK & Ireland from midnight Monday. Just announced by Trump.

Going to America in 5 months, is it too early to panic :o:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Dept. of Health just advised citizens to avoid taking flights/travelling altogether...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 aisleseat

I have a flight booked to gran canaria for tomorrow. Today's flights have been cancelled as there is an imminent lockdown in Spain.
    I'm not really interested in making a change but it's better than losing all of my money for 5 seats.
    However if the flight is cancelled, I'll receive a refund. It's going to be a waiting game tonight

Riots here over food items, sheer panic. Send help.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

France goes to level 3. Closing all non essential public spaces including bars and pubs etc.

Maybe the DFA will upgrade their France travel advice now.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51892477

Latest news everybody has to assemble down the square, your temperature will be taken, people with high temperature must move to the left, normal temperature go to the right, scary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

6541 wrote: »
    Latest news everybody has to assemble down the square, your temperature will be taken, people with high temperature must move to the left, normal temperature go to the right, scary.

Where is this happening?

Fuverventura, its biblical here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 giggs76

what are the chances of the government stopping flights before tuesday? due to fly into dublin monday night from the uk, if they will cancel flights i'll have to book a flight to belfast and travel down by road.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Tippgirl74

aisleseat wrote: »
    I have a flight booked to gran canaria for tomorrow. Today's flights have been cancelled as there is an imminent lockdown in Spain.
    I'm not really interested in making a change but it's better than losing all of my money for 5 seats.
    However if the flight is cancelled, I'll receive a refund. It's going to be a waiting game tonight
    Cruel!! Didn't realize the notice was that short! Hoping our flights to Tenerife on 24th will be cancelled, but don't want to wait till the travel date. Thinking I'd rather reschedule. So hard to know what to do ...

MadYaker wrote: »
    A lot of people seem to have had success pushing dates out into the future so maybe contact hotels / airlines and try that? Were in uncharted territory here and anything can happen, lots of airlines and hotels will go bust over this but best to try and reschedule.

Just wondering if anyone has got through to ebookers regarding cancelling/modifying a non-refundable booking... seeing as this is uncharted territory thought I might give it a try? Tried calling yesterday and today with no success... didn't try too hard given the nature of the query!!!

Really thought we were covered re. non refundable bookings with insureandgo but this was not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 aisleseat

Tippgirl74 wrote: »
    Cruel!! Didn't realize the notice was that short! Hoping our flights to Tenerife on 24th will be cancelled, but don't want to wait till the travel date. Thinking I'd rather reschedule. So hard to know what to do ...

I've checked in online in the hope of giving them a nudge
    I think the 24th will def be cancelled

Hope so! I'd be thinking the one's tomorrow also!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

If you've checked in you can't cancel. You're now fully dependent on them cancelling the flight. You can't nudge a bookings system.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Airbnb have a new cancellation policy as of today. We were able to get a full refund for our Airbnb in France just now.

Just a return flight from Geneva to figure out now but EI is offering a free change.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭alanzo27

Lithuania now implementing additional measures. Was due to fly to Vilnius with Ryanair on Tuesday. An offer of refunds and the option of re-booking now likely on Monday. My sister has already cancelled accommodation since last week, we had no intention of travel with the current situation.

https://www.facebook.com/govilnius.lt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

In Lanzarote now business as usual for the moment but that’ll change we’re told from Monday. Irish bars packed along the strip but the resort noticeably quieter but not deserted. Army not on streets or anything like that.

My friend in Lanzarote has just been told by the police to shut his bar, the police going to each bar and restaurant to tell them to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Has anyone managed to get a refund on their flights? Due to fly out next Thursday to Lanzarote. I filled out the form online for a refund yesterday so hoping they will. Thankfully got a refund for the hotel in lanzarote. They were extremely understanding.

54and56 wrote: »
    VHI Multitrip don't, see their very clear advice on claims ref Covi-19 here.

AA travel insurance are also covering travel cancellation due to dfa s recommendations re.covid 19. I really want to put it out there how limited insureandgo's policy (gold) turned out to be!! Never again with them! You live and learn!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭daheff

AA travel insurance are also covering travel cancellation due to dfa s recommendations re.covid 19. I really want to put it out there how limited insureandgo's policy (gold) turned out to be!! Never again with them! You live and learn!

What level of dfa advice are vhi/as insurances paying out? Is it no non-essential travel (Spain/France) or do not travel (Italy)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

daheff wrote: »
    What level of dfa advice are vhi/as insurances paying out? Is it no non-essential travel (Spain/France) or do not travel (Italy)

Each differ,

VHI covers either no essential travel or do not travel.

A lot only cover do not travel - check your policy.

Fireball81 wrote: »
    Each differ,

VHI covers either no essential travel or do not travel.

A lot only cover do not travel - check your policy.

AA and vhi are both covering non essential. Did I mention insureandgo are covering neither??!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

AA and vhi are both covering non essential. Did I mention insureandgo are covering neither??!!!

Where are you reading this about insureandgo?

In fuverventura at the moment, everything is closed, panic buying. Cops on the street. Do not travel to Spain. **** has got real. Send help.

chocksaway wrote: »
    Where are you reading this about insureandgo?

I phoned them on Friday. It's under the exclusions on their policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Tippgirl74 wrote:

Layatravel, and then by extension AIGs travel, are covering non essential travel

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement