Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

paulboland wrote: »
    Disney self banned Song of the South years ago and is why you dont see DVD/Blu-ray release

It’s the only Disney made film not on Disney plus. Some have a ‘this was how we thought at the time’ / ‘cultural differences’ disclaimer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Yeah, I mean a few years ago Warner Brothers released all their Loony Tunes shorts on DVD. Including all the potentially offensive ones. They released all the dodgy ones in one volume with a large disclaimer on the cover. Some of these were just offensive because of simply when they were made. Horrific stuff. Some were made as propaganda during the second world war.

I mean it's easy for me to say "Release them" as a white male but these are a part of history and these things should be preserved.... If only as a warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Disney self banned Song of the South years ago and is why you dont see DVD/Blu-ray release

Which is strange when you consider they've an extremely successful & popular flume ride themed around it, which they could easily change the themeing of but don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,890 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

OU812 wrote:
    Which is strange when you consider they've an extremely successful & popular flume ride themed around it, which they could easily change the themeing of but don't.

Ah look they are tripping over themselves with political correction. I'm from a mixed family & we all recognise that it was made 60 plus years ago. It is what it is. It shouldn't be banned. It doesn't teach kids to be recist. It shows them what things were like decades ago. Look at it like a history lesson

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Anybody any help as regards to signing up even though the app isn't on the Appstore or on the Xbox?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Anybody any help as regards to signing up even though the app isn't on the Appstore or on the Xbox?

https://preview.disneyplus.com/ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Cheers guys, I was following a link from Facebook earlier and it wouldn't work, but now I'm signed up... Ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,286 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

OU812 wrote: »

Is song of the south from Brer Rabbit or other way round? Great ride and I remember the story from when I was young.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

MARVEL COMICS SPIDER-MAN (1995) (YR 1 1995/96 EPS 1-65) AKA NEW SPIDER-MAN

Is the above referring to Spider-Man The Animated Series? When I type the above into Google this is what comes up, though it says Spider-Man TAS was from 1994. That was one of my favourites as a kid.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Oh my that's some list for launch,I wonder if I could pay for years 2 and 3 now as well????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A Beauty and the Beast prequel series is in development at Disney+ starring Josh Gad and Luke Evans - Source TV Line

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see they left off White Wilderness as well. It's the one where they faked lemmings committing suicide.

Has all 3 Mighty Ducks movies, so already a good list. Though what will rte show now on Saturdays if this is showing the Princess Diaries films?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I see they left off White Wilderness as well. It's the one where they faked lemmings committing suicide.

They still sell it and you can still buy this one on other platforms so you would wonder why they do not put it on their own one then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 pepelephew

Just signed up for 12 month @€;59.99 but can't find the app on LG TV content. My set was built in 2018 and is running latest webos/software. Any ideas????

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

App won’t be released until March 24th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

pepelephew wrote: »
    Just signed up for 12 month @€;59.99 but can't find the app on LG TV content. My set was built in 2018 and is running latest webos/software. Any ideas????

Disney + UK/Ireland App will not be availavle until March 24th this applies to all devices the Disney + App supports

Your subscription starts on March 24th 2020 and auto renewals on March 24th 2021

Acces to Disney + UK/Ireland content is not until March 24th

You Pre Ordered at a special offer price not get access straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 5 pepelephew

Disney + UK/Ireland App will not be availavle until March 24th this applies to all devices the Disney + App supports

Your subscription starts on March 24th 2020 and auto renewals on March 24th 2021

Acces to Disney + UK/Ireland content is not until March 24th

You Pre Ordered at a special offer price not get access straight away
    That’s great thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

For all the conversations about content, licenses, business agreements and all that (which is interesting and I enjoy reading).

Can I just say, I am proper looking forward to this as it comes closer. I am sharing mine with my sister who has two kids and can't wait to see the enjoyment they are going to get from it. Even more than I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

6 X men films to be on it as well from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,286 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

They need to panic launch a week early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Will my DisneyLife subscription just become a Disney+ subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,890 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

ILikeBoats wrote:

Two totally different things AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Knew it couldn't be that easy! I'll look into it, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Disney need to bring forward the launch date if we’re all going to be on lockdown

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Knew it couldn't be that easy! I'll look into it, thanks

Your DisneyLife subscription will automatically end when Disney+ launches but it doesn’t convert over, you need to sign up again with Disney+

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I had to look to see when this was launching, I was hoping it was over the next few days as it'd be a great way to keep myself and the kids entertained, another week to go.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

ILikeBoats wrote: »

I shut down Disney Life and signed up for Disney+

It drove me mad that it wouldn't auto play to next episode. If Disney+ is at the same s**t it will be canned as well

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Hypothetical, but is there anything actually stopping Disney from launching a week early?
    Strike while the irons hot with no sport on?

Presumably everything is in place at this stage or theyd be cutting it very fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Hypothetical, but is there anything actually stopping Disney from launching a week early?
    Strike while the irons hot with no sport on?

Presumably everything is in place at this stage or theyd be cutting it very fine.

I presume they have a deal with Sky and other streaming services who might still have rights to their stuff.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't it be great if it started a week early but I'd imagine licensing means it's stuck to the 24th

Advertisement