Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭micks_address

Was just on with Disney plus chat and they said it's launching at midnight in Ireland..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Clone Wars is already weekly for the US, and they'll be on episode 6 this Friday. Whatever about the ridiculousness of Mandalorian not being fully released, there's no reason for Clone to not release everything that's available already and go weekly from Friday to be in line with US.

So a lot of people complain that the legal method isn't better and they'd pay if it was, but there's probably no price low enough or terms good enough that they'd actually would. But what the ****, Disney going out of their way to make this worse. Same with Amazon and Picard, they go out of their way to inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

murpho999 wrote: »

Ch-Ch-Ch-Chip and Dale, Rescue Rangers! Fantastic.

I'm just gonna be flicking through opening themes to the shows more than anything else!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Varik wrote: »
    But what the ****, Disney going out of their way to make this worse. Same with Amazon and Picard, they go out of their way to inconvenience.
    In fairness, it's a little different with Picard - that's a 1-day wait and it applies to everyone else. Disney's tactics are making us weeks and months behind other parts of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Bojill

So my TV is 'smart' but is too old to get the disney+ app, would the firestick be the best option?
    I dont want to have to cast from a phone/laptop if it can be avoided.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Varik wrote:
    Clone Wars is already weekly for the US, and they'll be on episode 6 this Friday. Whatever about the ridiculousness of Mandalorian not being fully released, there's no reason for Clone to not release everything that's available already and go weekly from Friday to be in line with US.

In fairness to Disney if they made the entire season available people could blitz it in the 7 day trial or only pay for one month. They need to get people to pay for a few months. There isn't enough on Disney Plus to get adults without small children to continue to pay. They will drag it out as long as they can. I had Disney plus from launch in the US. They had all 8 episodes made and ready to go. It didn't make financial sense to drop the entire season at the one time. Netflix has us spoilt in that sense

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

J. Marston wrote: »
    Ch-Ch-Ch-Chip and Dale, Rescue Rangers! Fantastic.

I'm just gonna be flicking through opening themes to the shows more than anything else!

Gummi Bears, Ducktales. That era Disney had great theme tunes.

Bojill wrote:
    So my TV is 'smart' but is too old to get the disney+ app, would the firestick be the best option? I dont want to have to cast from a phone/laptop if it can be avoided. Thanks

Firestick is a great little device. I think it worth spending the extra 5 euros or whatever on the 4k version even if you don't have 4k. It's a better, faster stick

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Bojill

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Firestick is a great little device. I think it worth spending the extra 5 euros or whatever on the 4k version even if you don't have 4k. It's a better, faster stick

Thanks. I'll head to currys in the morning. Amazon won't ship here, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,399 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Disney Plus now live in Ireland on website.

Watching Mandolorian now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Just coming on to say this, was setting up my profiles and it all seemed very live :D

Just coming on to say this, was setting up my profiles and it all seemed very live

How many episodes are there? I have all 8 and frozen 2. That means I have the US version. Anyone else like that?

2 Episodes

2 Episodes

That would suggest that the app you have determines the geo content. I have a US app but absolutely no vpn or dns turned on yet still getting us content

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Getting "Not Available in your Country"

Did you have to use any VPN magic?

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Getting "Not Available in your Country"

Did you have to use any VPN magic?

No, i'm not using VPN.

You are located in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

No, i'm not using VPN.

You are located in Ireland?

I am. Working now. Sound!

the app is showing in the play store now but wont let it be downloaded. Says not available in your country. I assume another few mins and it should start working

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭splashthecash

What website are yee using? I’m getting a screen with countdown time still showing. IOS app not available yet either

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I've access to the play store app in the uk.

• Advertisement

What website are yee using? I’m getting a screen with countdown time still showing. IOS app not available yet either

www.disneyplus.com

if you google disney plus us android app itll let you download the app from the us play store and log in. Working on the tablet and phone for me

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I am. Working now. Sound!

Switched it off and back on again?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Got the LG app up and running , did indeed appear after 1am. Some class stuff here.

Classic x-men, the theme tune. Unreal!!!

Simpsons is available for some reason. Not using a VPN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

Simpsons is available for some reason. Not using a VPN

Why wouldn’t it be?

Zhane wrote: »
    Why wouldn’t it be?

It’s not supposed to be there owing to Sky.

No, a deal was struck a few weeks ago and all of the episodes are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a31201627/the-simpsons-disney-plus-uk/

https://twitter.com/disneyplusuk/status/1237083750984450050?s=21

News broke at the start of the month. Sorted a deal with Sky

• Advertisement

iOS app now in Apple Store.

Also on LG Web OS app.

Advertisement