Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Disney+

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Buttros

They have brought forward the frozen 2 release to the service by 3 months due to covid19. Out today I think in the US. Presumably be a launch title here. Handy for those that have children.

I did start reading the headline and had a split second hope what was been brought forward was the release here. Can always dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

Does anyone else (using a vpn) get a 'video not found' message when casting a stream from disney plus to their tv? Really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Can anyone point me to what National Geographic content will be on the service? All I can see is that Geff Goldblum series, I'd be interested in seeing what else is on there before I shell out for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Can anyone point me to what National Geographic content will be on the service? All I can see is that Geff Goldblum series, I'd be interested in seeing what else is on there before I shell out for it.

Post 136 in this thread lists everything, including the NG stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Post 136 in this thread lists everything, including the NG stuff.

Thanks, I obviously didn't go back far enough in the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112742416&postcount=136

Link to same for people on mobile who can't see post counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Signed up for the year at €59.99 there anyway the other day as a birthday treat for myself. There's enough on it that appeals to me to be willing to fork over that price for the first year anyway, and we'll see how it goes after that.

Between all the upcoming Marvel original series, all the old school mid-80s to mid-90s cartoon series (X-Men, Spiderman, DuckTales, Chip n'Dale, Gummi Bears, Gargoyles, etc), and some of my childhood favourite films like The Might Ducks trilogy and the Honey, I Shrunk The Kids movies, I'll get my money's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,868 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Hypothetical, but is there anything actually stopping Disney from launching a week early?
    Strike while the irons hot with no sport on?

Presumably everything is in place at this stage or theyd be cutting it very fine.

They already gave a statement saying that the launch date is cast in stone due to existing contracts with other providers.

Pay for it now. Get 7 days free Express VPN & watch it today. Cancel Express VPN before your free trial ends. It's that simple

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

In fairness it's also simple to just wait 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Is it possible to purchase a sub as a gift or do i need to wait till the service is live to do so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

What is the price after the offer expires

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

cena wrote: »

69.99 for the year so a tenner discount or monthly 6.99

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

cena wrote: »

€69.99 for the annual sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

daheadonu wrote: »
    Is it possible to purchase a sub as a gift or do i need to wait till the service is live to do so?

The deal at the moment allows 4 users to watch at any one time. Sign up now with your email and give in the login details, just make sure you either cancel before it renews or get them to change payment details so they can renew it themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

Onward is being added to the service in the US from tonight. Hopefully become a launch feature here on Thursday

OU812 wrote: »
    Onward is being added to the service in the US from tonight. Hopefully become a launch feature here on Thursday

Tuesday is launch day?

salmocab wrote: »
    Tuesday is launch day?

Typo

Typo

Grand thought I’d got something wrong and planning on forcing some shows on the kids

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭nialldinho

It’s on demand from tonight and Disney plus from 3rd April. Hopefully we’ll get it then too

What’s the price at the moment? 60 or 70?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

What’s the price at the moment? 60 or 70?

https://preorder.disneyplus.com
    €59.99

Sadly we won't get full 4k on launch. They have agreed to reduce bandwidth by at least 25 percent for Europe along with Netflix and Prime Video.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Sadly we won't get full 4k on launch. They have agreed to reduce bandwidth by at least 25 percent for Europe along with Netflix and Prime Video.

I don’t get this. I thought Europe had a better internet infrastructure than the US. Disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 33,722 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I don’t get this. I thought Europe had a better internet infrastructure than the US. Disappointing

It is due to the Covid 19 pandemic and the extra stress on the internet. The EU wants to make sure with extra people watching streaming services and working from home and the sheer importance of the internet, that it is available for all.

OU812 wrote:

It's only during this crisis. Having said that even in the US Disney has been skimping on the bit rate. Tests carried out by home cinema magazines showed it wasn't quite full 4k. I've had us disney plus on a big screen and quality looked good to me. Most of the stuff is in HDR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

When the whole
    Of europe logs on will
    This thing crash

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

When everyone is sitting in an office sharing 1 connection between hundreds there's no problem, some of the servers might even be in the building so no internet at all is needed, now that there are so many people working from home there's a lot more connections.

Here are some handy graphs I use to monitor internet usage https://www.inex.ie/ixp/statistics/ixp

• Registered Users Posts: 10,144 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    When the whole
    Of europe logs on will
    This thing crash

It isn’t launching everywhere and it’ll be fine. Netflix is still the biggest player and they’ve no issues

The bandwidth issue isn’t a problem. Short term not having the best of everything online shouldn’t upset too many

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭jones

Can't find the app anywhere for LG C9 or iPad or Android phone so I'm assuming it'll launch this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

jones wrote: »
    Can't find the app anywhere for LG C9 or iPad or Android phone so I'm assuming it'll launch this week.

App will be available to download and use on supported devices from March 24th

Advertisement