Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Escape from Tarkov

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

nix wrote: »
    Its all about the response time and refresh rate really, but yeah 24" is the preferred size for pro's. The ultra wide monitors mostly cap at 60hz which i think is the main reason fps gamers dont like them, that and also more to look at to spot enemies etc, as far as response time i think they are ok.

You can get a 24" with a high refresh rate for a decent price these days, i got a 27" awhile back with 165hz and its great. But if it broke id prob drop back down to 24" as i only read about that after the purchase.

But its only something to worry about if you're looking to take your gaming serious.

I love my ultrawide and I was always ultrawide > 144hz. I could never understand people who swear by 144hz and how they can't go back to 60. I got new gaming laptop with 144hz ips panel and tried it out. All I can say it's nice, but meh, went down to 60 fps cap in games where I can to make it less noisy. For desktop I would still go ultrawide again if I will need to upgrade.
    I like Tarkov in 3440x1440, but my PC is just to old to push it at that resolution. So I set it to to 1440p normal with black bars. If I could run it ultrawide, I would.
    Once you go that size monitor and resolution it's hard to go normal. Usually on laptop I do hatchling runs as I can see ****. When I do normal runs I do it on my desktop. Maybe will finally upgrade my PC as old 2500k with 1060 is showing its age.

Edit: I am not big fps player and I did played back in CRT days. I am old... I do notice difference, just don't see it as vital.
    I am more of Factorio, Satisfactory, Rimworld, Stellaris etc player, So ultrawide always wins over refresh rates for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I am not big fps player and I did played back in CRT days. I am old... I do notice difference, just don't see it as vital.
    I am more of Factorio, Satisfactory, Rimworld, Stellaris etc player, So ultrawide always wins over refresh rates for me.

I know my dood, the differences are minimal if ya ask me, go with what you prefer at the end of the day. I was speaking strictly from a "pro's" preference stand point.

I'm just a competitive lil bitch so i try and take from both worlds :D:pac:

I know my dood, the differences are minimal if ya ask me, go with what you prefer at the end of the day. I was speaking strictly from a "pro's" preference stand point.

I'm just a competitive lil bitch so i try and take from both worlds :D:pac:

Hehe, true. In the end, it's our own preferences and needs. There is no right answer, there are only right answers!

Anyway, I am finally off after 3 days of hell, so will finally able to play properly while misses at work. :D

So I finally managed to play properly, but had a good few crashes today. Haven't had a single crash since November, only disconnects.
    But! I finally did some live raids in Woods. Only few, but I managed to kill 2 people on one run!!! Obviously died later on trying to do a quest in plane crash site. I don't get it, no loot there, but place is buzzing with people.

The biggest win was battle over my mindset. Now I have 4.5mil out away for upgrades and something big that will come up, but anything above that, I force myself to spend.
    So a few hatchling runs and then with made money I get myself 6b rig ( the tier 4 armour one? Sorry very bad with names ), green helmet ( tier 3 ), ADAR with Kobra scope, 2 mags with cheapy ammo ( learning woods, so no point spending a lot, as I lose everything anyway ), some cheap meds and 4x4 backpack.
    Love my noob setup and managed to kill people!

Lads, what do you use for healing up after raid? What's most cost effective. I used cheese slices, but I see I can get car medkits from Therapist, which would give more hp per rubble? Makes sense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

Lads, what do you use for healing up after raid? What's most cost effective

I always use Grizzlys for off-raid healing

its 1800 points of healing for 47k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

just morning was rough, I had to survive a raid in every map, its a quest called: The Guide, made my way through every single one of them no run through was making my way to extraction on woods and got downed by a pmc. Swear its the worst. :(

Ultrflat wrote: »
    just morning was rough, I had to survive a raid in every map, its a quest called: The Guide, made my way through every single one of them no run through was making my way to extraction on woods and got downed by a pmc. Swear its the worst. :(

Come back to me when you loot a weapons case, fill it up with modded weapons and then get killed just before the exit :P

Come back to me when you loot a weapons case, fill it up with modded weapons and then get killed just before the exit :P

:pac: been there done that got the t-shirt but the guide is notoriously a tough task :pac:

:pac: been there done that got the t-shirt but the guide is notoriously a tough task :pac:

haha yeah they can be, some tasks are just tedious, i gave up doing them when i got to 40, id have no problem doing them all, but the reset is whats preventing me as ill just have to do them all again.. Maybe next reset ill focus on just flying through them..

Does anybody know if the reset effects the killa quest? Id go for that if i got to keep the tracksuit reward from it permanently..

Look at you, with your fancy quests... I still can't do the People Customs one with documents. **** that quest and **** Factory!

On the positive note, I upgraded myself from hatchling to rat. Made 45k ish load out for myself with 4x4 bag, ak 74u ( small one ), cheap ammo, extra mag and 10k rig. Obviously I get destroyed by Chad's, but now I can pop some poor soul in the wrong place at the wrong time and I can defend myself from scav.
    Was lucky two days. Managed to bring out 2.5mil and about 2k dollars. Would be more, but I sold a lot to Skier and UN fella as I need to get tier 2 with them. It's not much, but it a honest rats day. :)
    Have loads of Adars with cobra sights ready to be lost in woods. Have 2 quests there now, so fully funded for that.

• Advertisement

haha yeah they can be, some tasks are just tedious, i gave up doing them when i got to 40, id have no problem doing them all, but the reset is whats preventing me as ill just have to do them all again.. Maybe next reset ill focus on just flying through them..

Does anybody know if the reset effects the killa quest? Id go for that if i got to keep the tracksuit reward from it permanently..

reset wont be for a long time, its worth doing the quests money for them is pretty sweet.

I'm on my 6th whipe of tarkov, and post whipe is the best time to play. but keep at the quests they are worth it. I've got 5 left. :)

Tips invest in good ammo. prepare to die a lot :D :pac::D

I was sick in bed all day yesterday so played Tarkov on laptop. Clearly, with small screen it's hard to do proper matches so I decided to make some rubbles as hatchling for days off when I can play on PC.
    In fact, it was a very fun day and hatchling runs are a lot of fun for me. Nothing beats the feeling of dropping in to game with just a cheap bag worth 4k rubbles and then finding gun with one clip, killing another player like a scum rat, then surviving a few Scavs and extracting with 300k worth of crap!!! :D
    Made myself a key set with toolkit for Dorms. Got most of the keys now, so will train myself to go on in there. My surviving and fighting skills got a lot better now, still ****, but I definitely got better.
    Finally did a quest in woods where I needed to kill 7 Scavs without armor. It was fun.... Thankfully about 10 Adars ame back from insurance lol.

Head bobbing needs to be removed. I'm getting sea sick

Yeah not liking the new weight system, had to walk away from a massacre of dead players and raiders yesterday as walking with a full bag, my legs may aswell have been broken :(

Spent the remainder of my evenings raids just taking attachments and ammo clips and nothing else.. found a place to hide and took the bullets out of the clips as i was still slow as **** with just that...

They have already tweaked the system so hopefully it feels alot better today..

They have also made wearing armour a terrible choice over armour rigs as you save so much on weight... :(

You can remove that in game settings :)

Make sure LOD is at 1 :)

You can remove that in game settings :)

Make sure LOD is at 1 :)

You sure? In the latest patch since yesterday?

You sure? In the latest patch since yesterday?

Been there for years, excuse the self advertisement in my name :pac: I'm in a little bit of a rush

They dialed it back today in another small patch

They dialed it back today in another small patch

I didnt notice anything different, plays ok but im taking a tarkov break for the week just logging into collect my bit coins :D

Have a look at the subreddit. People were going nuts over it.

• Advertisement

Have a look at the subreddit. People were going nuts over it.

i avoid the sub reddit :pac:

But im sure they will fix it. sooner than later.

i avoid the sub reddit :pac:

But im sure they will fix it. sooner than later.

Wise

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Just started this......holy **** is it hard :D any pointers starting out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

ever see the eve online learning curve graph? this game is similar :)

do plenty of scav runs till you get the feel of the mechanics, what you take out is yours and if you die you lost nothing but time. Scav runs you are going to hit into a timer so will suggest to aim to get intelligence lvl 1 at your hideout to reduce cooldown. But after that don't upgrade anything else in hideout till at least 25.

ensure you buy and sell from your traders, you need this to meet the next level requirements. ( note they restricted accessing the flea market to lvl 10) It was my mistake to start using the flea market when i had access to it at lvl 5. Now the limited to lvl 10+ mainly to stop bots manipulating market but its good to ensure your meeting the trader requirement for next level

customs will be your bread and butter for long time.

links of interest:

maps (set for customs)
    http://www.gamemaps.co.uk/game/tarkov/maps/customs_3d_maksen_marvelin_2019

hideout requirements etc.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JKzVRr6Ky8QO559YmTNgs5UbWMm3cfI2gO68XVTr3gc/edit#gid=774647724

ammo charts both are same in case one is overloaded with views.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pp8tKScb0jB66cOCJSAlNn-iKERMXd9FVkSmSq83qn8/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VuxGkweKB118mF1kcBmVPe-Bj_gSKGOCWyoytM4miDU/

video about ammo from links above:

From fellow noob to fellow noob. I am on very low food chain compared to guys here, but I manage to have fun in game and now even kill people too!

1. As above, get map and for now focus on Customs. Have it on second screen while you playing if you can. If not, have a tablet or phone near by.
    2. Play a lot of offline first to learn how to get to exits. Just try to get to the level, where you can spawn and know where you are and where you need to go. It's your main first objective. No point getting in to fire fights and loot crap if you don't even know how to get your sugar buns out safely.
    3. Don't bother with pistols you get at start. Pure crap. For starters try to get Prapors quests done to unlock ak-74u. It's a trash gun, but cheap and if you spray it even with crap ammo you can still put down people. I personally love using it and then have only bag, 1 clip and cheap vest on. No armour or meds. 99% of the time I manage to steal enough stuff in my secure container to cover the whole load out, pay for meds and make extra, if I extract - jackpot! Another good option is to horde Rec. Batteries and trade them for ADAR from Skyer. Slap 20 round Stanag mag and you good to go. Sks is very good budget option I found. Cheap and cheerful. Until level 10 you are at the mercy of traders. So learn how to use those guns.
    4. Always, and I mean always insure your crap! Never go in to raid without insurance. Stuff like ADARs, ak-74u, sks are so cheap, that most people don't bother looting them. You will get about 90% of them back!
    5. If you are not using it - sell it. No point cluttering your inventory with expensive gear you are too afraid to use. It's just sitting there. Better sell it and buy a few ak-74us etc. that you will actually use.
    6. Get a chart for item values on flee market. I know it's useless for you now, but some items sell to traders for peanuts, but on flee market they can go for waaay more. You can horde those for now. Learn which items are high value. Sometimes you can be lucky and grab 1x1 small item that will pay for your next few loadouts.
    7. Pay attention to spawns. Most maps have them marked. Eventually when you learn map and spawns, you will be able to predict player movement so you can avoid them or set ambush.
    8. That won't be a popular opinion, but I personally think Hatchling runs are fantastic to learn maps and maps flow. You risk pretty much nothing and can be a lot more aggressive. It helps in the long and is great way to make a few rubbles. Don't use gun, just out cheapest smallest bagpack and you go!
    9. Learn secret stashes on customs. There are videos on YouTube which will pin point them for you. They are my bread and butter. I had times where I got 500k of stuff just in my secure container ( just to be clear I have EOD version of game with bigger one ) and I did not really even cared if I died or not.
    10. You will die... A lot... Even more then a lot. It's part of the game and can get very discouraging, but just stick to it. As the more you learn the game, the better you will get at dealing with threats.

Hope this helps a bit. As I said, take it for what it's worth to you. I am noob myself, but hey, it works for me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mamaz

Is there a Discord community or anything for finding new players to play with? I only have 1 mate with the game and as much as I love solo runs it's nice to play with others.

Im not great.

mamaz wrote: »
    Is there a Discord community or anything for finding new players to play with? I only have 1 mate with the game and as much as I love solo runs it's nice to play with others.

Im not great.

There's a small group playing regularly enough on this discord https://discord.gg/V37vnx

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mamaz

Cheers

I just bought it after all my criticism :pac:

Its hard.

I've been dropping in with only a pistol to get the hang of it and until I run out of pistols. Got a few kills on Factory but anywhere else is too tough.

I thought my train was coming on this one

Well, two years on, things have changed

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Love the game but the whole inventory management is a real turn off for me personally.

Advertisement