Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham, Friday March 13th, Gold Cup Day

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Had a fairly barren week, no winners and I am having a few yankees and a few hail Mary's and a massive bet on Delta Work to win the Gold Cup. I also think at 22/1 PP ( 4 places ) you could do worse than have an ew squeak on Monalee. Unlucky to lose at Christmas ( jockey lost an iron on run in ) and if you take the fact that The Percy was an Aeroplane 2 years ago that RSA form looks better now than ever. 22/1 too big.

2.10 Tiger Voice
    2.50 Lieutenant Rocco, Ramses De Teille
    3.30 Delta Work, Monalee
    4.10 Shantou Flyer , It Came to Pass
    4.50 Éclair De Beufeu
    5.30 Happygolucky , Everybreathyoutake

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Tuesday and Wednesday had me in a hole. I knew it would be that kind of week when Elixir D'ainay brought down Captain Guinness as I had an interest in both who were travelling well at the time. Yesterday then I experienced the other side of it with Samcro winning. So it is swings and roundabouts. So yesterday was a great day backing 2 winners. Pressure is off now for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Incredible how easily Hazel Hill is being written off
    Pissed home 12 months ago

loving the 6s on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

mailburner wrote: »
    loving the 6s on this one

Getting my biggest wedge of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

Been a very good festival compared to last year.Today looks the trickiest out of the four so happy to break even.Best of luck everyone
    Allmankind win/ Sir Physco Ew
    Ciel De Neige win/ Moyahad Ew
    Fury Road win/ The Cashel Man Ew
    Albaum Photo win
    Stalker Wallace win/ Don Poli Ew 80s
    Eclar De Befaue/ Paloma Blue both Ew
    Column of Fire win/ Indefatigable Ew 40s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭paulpd

E/W Lucky 15

1.30 A Wave of the Sea
    2.10 Mohaayen
    2.50 Cobbler's Way
    3.30 Kemboy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Today is the day I hope for Aramon and Us and them . On a bigger prices so fingers crossed .

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭howareyakid

The Festival is getting somewhat overshadowed now unfortunately but FWIW here are my selections for the final day:

1:30: Goshen
    2:10: Elusive Belle e/w
    2:50: Ramses De Teilles e/w
    3:30: Clan Des Obeaux
    4:10: Shantou Flyer to go one better than last year.
    4:50: Paloma Blue
    5:30: Front View

Down for the week so would be nice to break even at least at this point. GL all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

1:30 Allmankind Win, Burning ambition EW
    2.10 Aramon Win, Ciel et Niege Win
    2.50 Ramses de Tailles EW
    3.30 Al Boum Photo Win
    4.10 Minella Rocco Win
    4.50 Us and Them EW
    5.30 Front View Win

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭famagusta

Going to have a couple of hundred on Cerberus on the machine for the craic, convinced he just idled very badly the last day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭thelostboys23

13.30 Solo (w)
    14.10 Thatsy (w), Scaramanga (e.w.) for the bond reference :-)
    14.50 Lieutenant Rocco (e.w.)
    15.50 Delta Work (w)
    16.10 Stalker Wallace (w)
    16.50 Lisp (w)
    17.30 Pileon (e.w.)

Tues and Thurs been good days and hopefully finish on a high

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

1.30 goshen
    2.10 thatsy
    2.50 thyme hill
    3.30 clan des obeaux
    4.10 shantou flyer
    4.50 eclair de beaufeau
    5.30 column of fire

Had a good week, tuesday was frustarting but ok, Wednesday aramax made it profitable and yesterday was my best ever day for picking winners at Cheltenham,hopefully the upward trend of my week continues.

Thanks to you I done a double on your last two picks yesterday and it came in

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

famagusta wrote: »
    Going to have a couple of hundred on Cerberus on the machine for the craic, convinced he just idled very badly the last day

He got hammered by Allmankind previously, very hard to see that been turned around never mind factoring in the other ones he hasn't raced against.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

famagusta wrote: »

for the craic, yea sure why not, whats money like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

EW lucky 15

Allmankind

Thyme Hill

Al boum photo

Staker Wallace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Thanks to you I done a double on your last two picks yesterday and it came in

Well done,must been my lucky charm.
    I done a lucky 31 yesterday morning with 2 of the winners from yesterday but I've 3 still to run today.
    Goshen
    Thyme hill
    Clan des obeaux.
    Fingers crossed.

well lads, i take it a each way yankee does not pay better prices in patrick powers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭dave81

I've no time to really study in depth today. The first looks like a cracking renewal - goshen, all mankind and solo. I'm so torn. I will decide when I see money. Solo really calling out to me.

Ill back clan des obeaux as my main fancy today. Sure he wasn't up to the standard last year but with the lighter compaign this year, I think he will be a different proposition if he gets into a rhythm. Nap.

God luck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

akelly02 wrote: »
    well lads, i take it a each way yankee does not pay better prices in patrick powers ?

I am not sure, someone posted earlier in the week that they were bog on doubles and trebles etc.

If you won a nice few quid i would say they are capable of anything.

I always accum online, when I can.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I am not sure, someone posted earlier in the week that they were bog on doubles and trebles etc.

If you won a nice few quid i would say they are capable of anything.

I always accum online, when I can.

i know, look it will be a nice problem to have at around 5.35 this evening, i wont worry about it

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

Paul Nicholls day.

Solo
    Clan
    Greanteen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭robbiezero

aidankkk wrote: »
    Today is the day I hope for Aramon and Us and them . On a bigger prices so fingers crossed .

Followed you on these two and Discorama. Cheers, value well got.
    Have stakes back on betfair already.

The closer it gets to 3.30 the more I think Kemboy is going to jump them into submission.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

1.30 Goshen 5/2
    2.10 Ciel De Neige 9/2 & Aramon 15/2 ew
    2.50 Latest Exhibition 5/1
    3.30 Bristol De Mai 25/1 ew
    4.10 Staker Wallace 6/1 ew
    4.50 Greaneteen 4/1
    5.30 Front View 7/2 & Ilikedwayurthinkin 8/1 ew

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

thatsy e/w in the 2.10, 5 places, davy back on board

Goshen, THyme hill, Delta work and hazel hill in a yankee

• Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

Goshen has an inclination to run down his flights before he jumps them.

I can see him beaten. Is he better than Sir Erec was?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Just got a couple of texts from lads over at the festival who have told me to back Janidil in the 2.50

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

An absolute disgrace that this event is continuing.

I say this as someone who used to bet on horses especially on big races, I won't have anything to do with that industry again.

When this all blows over it will be remembered that the privileged toffs and their hangers on that stink out the horse racing industry didn't step up to the plate like the rest of us. In this country horse racing has benefited from massive subsidies via the tax payer. When the dust settles that funding should be cut completely and the sport should die.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

TheCitizen wrote: »

I say this as someone who used to bet on horses especially on big races, I won't have anything to do with that industry again.

When this all blows over it will be remembered that the privileged toffs and their hangers on that stink out the horse racing industry didn't step up to the plate like the rest of us. In this country horse racing has benefited from massive subsidies via the tax payer. When the dust settles that funding should be cut completely and the sport should die.

Yeah but who you on in the Gold Cup?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

TheCitizen wrote: »

How much did you lose yesterday?

Advertisement