Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham, Friday March 13th, Gold Cup Day

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

i was on her . bird of prey and oleg. I'm a sucker for a nicholls horse.

I get the impression he is happy with his lot these days. He is 58 and he might just be starting to wind down a little. Owes his punters nothing. He is a difficult man to dislike. He will have a few for Aintree as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Front View time lads. Here put a cherry on the ante post cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Just watched that Thurles race again and switched from Five O'Clock to Front View.

Should have watched it weeks ago!!

• Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

ecco useless. last
    front view found nothing.
    cliffs of dover folded like hot laundry. Lost my absolute bollox this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Back down to earth with a bang today.
    2 fallers at the last when going to win and thyme hill not getting a straight run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

ballyhagan wrote: »
    5.30 Anything will do 110/1 e/w PP 6 places
    5.30 Indefatigable 40/1 e/w PP 6 places

Hope you had a nice few pound on that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭culline

Any idea who won top trainer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭riddles

ballyhagan wrote: »
    5.30 Anything will do 110/1 e/w PP 6 places
    5.30 Indefatigable 40/1 e/w PP 6 places

Just got in onto Indefatigable in time

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ballyhagan

Hope you had a nice few pound on that!!

I only had 10 e/w but it was enough to get my head back above the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

culline wrote: »

Mullins based on 3rds I believe.

• Advertisement

culline wrote: »

Willie Mullins won it on 3rd places.

Himself and Elliott had seven wins and seven seconds.

Mullins had six thirds and Elliott had four.

• Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

Willie Mullins won it on 3rd places.

Himself and Elliott had seven wins and seven seconds.

Mullins had six thirds and Elliott had four.

if you just put a tenner on their horses would you be up do you reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I would think so. Mullins had 17 runners today and at sp a tenner on his winners returns 270 quid or thereabouts. First 2 days not so good but bumper was big price so you'd definitely be ahead i reckon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

WPM 58 runners. Win only bets of €10 returned €403.33 there is scope to say that you could back ew for some. He had 18 places, so there is a break even argument if you were backing ew or even a small profit.

Gordon Elliott had 42 runners ( my eyes got tired ). A tenner win only retured € 556. So he was more profitable than Willie. There is also the further argument about ew punting, he had 14 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

Literally the first day I'll finish in profit all because I got lucky on a PP special. Likely to finish slightly down for the first time in 4 years or so.

Feel like I'm up after a lucky 150/1 yet still down Slightly

I think I benefitted from a PP Special but I don't know what it was!!

Deposited 50 notes on Tuesday and had a few small losing bets. Last 10, I did 5 e/w on Monalee and the balance afterwards read 54 e. Don't know how that could be. 1/5th the odds is 5X4=20 plus the fiver back. Dunno where they got 54 euro.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭munster87

Decent festival. Goshen fall ended up costing me 7 or 800 quid but sure there’s usually one that does it. Interesting to see how racing fares in the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭dave81

A great old festival, but we all don't want to mention the war. It depends what happens in the next week. Non racing fans or even some that are certainly believe that this week was not the best pr for racing in Ireland. The UK have a different theory in how to manage and that's fine but the Irish people that travelled will get flak, rightly or wrongly is not for me to judge.

My betting is curtailed to Cheltenham these days and I might have a bet on Aintree and Punchestown.

3 winners and done by two photo finishes, but I doubled min and Concertista and won a nice chunk for a few 20 euro bets on the doubles and singles.

Wierd old week. Take care all and I look forward to blasting the aftertiming folks with furious vengeance nect year.

dave81 wrote: »
    A great old festival, but we all don't want to mention the war. It depends what happens in the next week. Non racing fans or even some that are certainly believe that this week was not the best pr for racing in Ireland. The UK have a different theory in how to manage and that's fine but the Irish people that travelled will get flak, rightly or wrongly is not for me to judge.

My betting is curtailed to Cheltenham these days and I might have a bet on Aintree and Punchestown.

3 winners and done by two photo finishes, but I doubled min and Concertista and won a nice chunk for a few 20 euro bets on the doubles and singles.

Wierd old week. Take care all and I look forward to blasting the aftertiming folks with furious vengeance nect year

Wait a second! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭dave81

munster87 wrote: »
    Wait a second! :)

Tis all there yesterday. Fup know knows how to copy it across, but nobody genuinely cares. Posts 21, 24 and 30 in case anyone is extraordinarily pedantic. I've been here long enough to know the craic.

Ad of the ioses and take care

Tis all there yesterday. Fup know knows how to copy it across, but nobody genuinely cares. Posts 21, 24 and 30 in case anyone is extraordinarily pedantic. I've been here long enough to know the craic.

Ad of the ioses and take care

Nice call on the double. No idea what last line means. Take care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

but I doubled min and Concertista and won a nice chunk for a few 20 euro bets on the doubles and singles.

Always easy to post bets after they've won... :rolleyes:

Game by the absolute nuts! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

1.30 Goshen 5/2
    2.10 Ciel De Neige 9/2 & Aramon 15/2 ew
    2.50 Latest Exhibition 5/1
    3.30 Bristol De Mai 25/1 ew
    4.10 Staker Wallace 6/1 ew
    4.50 Greaneteen 4/1
    5.30 Front View 7/2 & Ilikedwayurthinkin 8/1 ew

A bad day, first this week. Two places but nothing it should have been if Goshen had of won :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Percy won't be winning GC anytime
    That RSA win almost baffling now

Delta Work seemed a job too far for MW
    Jack seems to have a handle on him

Al Boum obviously a much better horse than I have him credit for

Roll on 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

imagine a 66/1 shot coming in

I can, one in 67 times.

You backed a single 50/1 shot and gave out about it not coming in. Then told me “a 50/1 shot at Cheltenham isn’t a 50/1 shot”

You haven’t a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Gold Cup big one for me tomorrow.

EW double on Min/Al Boum Photo
    EW double on Envoi Allen/Al Boum Photo
    EW treble on Envoi Allen/Min/Al Boum Photo
    Skybet request a bet on Envoi Allen,Min and either Lostintranslation or Al Boum Photo

Potential returns if ABP wins 297points

Then

EW singles on Lostintranslation at 25s, 16s and 7s.
    EW double Clan Des Obeaux for the King George/Lostintranslation Gold Cup double
    Aforementioned Skybet request a bet.

Potential returns if Lostintranslation wins 358points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Some bloke on twitter had ew on that foxhunters horse at 300/1 yet he was 66/1 the sp and 40/1 the morning, was he ever 300/1 as you hardly see them so high these days and can never tell if it is a fake screenshot, looking at his twitter profile he seems a genuine bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

madmoose wrote: »
    Some bloke on twitter had ew on that foxhunters horse at 300/1 yet he was 66/1 the sp and 40/1 the morning, was he ever 300/1 as you hardly see them so high these days and can never tell if it is a fake screenshot, looking at his twitter profile he seems a genuine bloke.

Foxhunters on the morning definitely had prices that high.

Think 5 horses where single figure prices, a lot of horses where 100/1+

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭puppieperson1

Just to let you punters know the north galway point to point was cancelled as the committee did not want to take valuable medics & ambulances away from the current pandemic in ireland. It was a moral decision not an operational one as reported on PTP.ie. A point to point behind closed doors is not worth running as the whole point of a the day is a family day out for all the local farmers and their families in thanks for their support all around.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

madmoose wrote: »

I heard somebody else talking about a few quid at 250 so its quite likely. Betfair sp was 225 so fancy prices were there. In running could have been higher again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Foxhunters on the morning definitely had prices that high.

Think 5 horses where single figure prices, a lot of horses where 100/1+

Bet365 had a special with guaranteed best prices and 5 places . I backed a few of the wrong one’s . Loads at that price.

Advertisement