Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Supermarket Stock - avoid the virus hysteria

Options
  • 08-03-2020 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭

On Friday it took me trips to 4 different shops before I found toilet roll in stock. I'm sure you have noticed similar and the same goes for dried and tinned foods.

It may come down to rationing of certain goods, but until this mass stupidity ends, please post your notices of goods IN STOCK around D15. I'll start.

As of 7pm there was packs of 18 bog roll in Lidl Clonee.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Larbre34 wrote: »
    On Friday it took me trips to 4 different shops before I found toilet roll in stock. I'm sure you have noticed similar and the same goes for dried and tinned foods.

It may come down to rationing of certain goods, but until this mass stupidity ends, please post your notices of goods IN STOCK around D15. I'll start.

I’m not sure it is hysteria tbh. This is going to get real in the coming months. Those who don’t prepare will be in trouble. The bog roll one is odd. A certain amount to see you through isolation yes but it’s the flu not the runs.

The more worrying thing is there’s no soap anywhere never mind hand sanitiser. Both are like gold dust. I’ll be looking in the city tomorrow as both Lidl and aldi have been devoid of such products for about a week now in Clonee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Loads in ongar dunnes at 6.45pm today, so much so I didn't panic buy any.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Let's not debate the bigger issue, just reports of stock of scarce goods please.

Tesco Roselawn was fine earlier today (around 1pm), they had everything except hand sanitizer. A lot better than it was a few days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Is this thread not likely to cause the exact thing it's supposed to prevent?

• Advertisement

Is this thread not likely to cause the exact thing it's supposed to prevent?

My guess would be there are max 20-30 active posters on the D15 forum, so no, probably not. Besides thats what Facebook is for.

But it might save those of us that do come here some petrol and grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Did shopping in Lidl Castleknock last night. No shortage of anything. No bigger crowd than usual.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Aldi in Clonee was fine on Saturday morning. Plenty of bog roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

This Bog Roll hysteria, is giving me the Sh1ts. :D
    Unlike Covid 19 which doesn’t!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Doesn't this thread do the opposite of what's it intended to do, feed into the hysteria?

Edit, yeah, that point already made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Plenty of Toilet rolls in Dunnes over the center today, not much pasta but there was some spaghetti and some of the simply better pasta

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Nolimits wrote: »
    Plenty of Toilet rolls in Dunnes over the center today, not much pasta but there was some spaghetti and some of the simply better pasta

Spaghetti is Pasta :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Pat Dunne wrote: »

Not the right type of pasta ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Pat Dunne wrote: »

Yeah I know, that's why I said there's not much but there is some spaghetti and simply better pasta.

Unless you also thought that I didn't know simply better pasta was pasta either?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭ongarite

Hysteria here now. Shop shelves are being stripped clean

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Dunnes in Ongar at lunch time was basically inaccessible. Absolute madness. I only wen for a hot chicken roll. Walked out again after 30 seconds. Queue went from the checkouts to half way down the store to cold fridge areas. PEOPLE. STOP!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

FFS people need to calm the fudge down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

some crowd in dunnes this morning almost like x mas in the food section

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Supermarkets making bumper profits out of this Id say.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Hopefully all of these people will be fully stocked for a few days and the rest of us can get our normal shopping in peace!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

i think grocery shopping for a while will be a bit of an ordeal allow plenty of time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭raheny red

Larbre34 knew!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

miamee wrote: »
    Hopefully all of these people will be fully stocked for a few days and the rest of us can get our normal shopping in peace!

The government and some of the supermarkets have said nobody needs to panic buy and the warehouses are fully stocked. The slow part is the deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Ferm001

Was shopping in a discount store in Armagh this afternoon, tried to buy 3 cans of chopped tomatoes. Girl at counter said restrictions put in place at start of the week, and could only sell me 2 of them. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Was in Blanchardstown centre this evening, didn't go as far as Dunnes but in general the centre was so quiet. I picked up a few nice bits in M&S, they were fully stocked other than toilet paper but they had kitchen roll in the gaps so shelves looked full. No queues either.

Was over in West End, dealz was averagely busy but Lidl looked manic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I was in the local butchers earlier.

He had eight legs of venison on special but I couldn't get them. They were two deer.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Tzardine wrote: »
    I was in the local butchers earlierht legs of venison on special but I couldn't get them. They were two deer.

There's always one

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭Polar101

miamee wrote: »

I wonder how many people got the virus when they all crammed into a supermarket to buy things they didn't need.

Polar101 wrote: »
    I wonder how many people got the virus when they all crammed into a supermarket to buy things they didn't need.

Indeed.

I haven't been great at stocking up myself, but am hoping that most freezers will be crammed in the next day or two and it will ease off.

I tend to agree that there should be reasonable rationing of high demand stuff so at least those who queue for hours have some hope of getting the basics. I picked up a few things for my mother near her house yesterday and saw a woman in her 60s leave the shop with 6 x 24 packs of TP. Utter nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭ongarite

I was in Dunnes in Blanch SC this afternoon.
    Very quiet and very good stock levels.
    Reckon the hysteria has died down and people will fall into their new routine pretty soon.

Advertisement