Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭sok2005

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

tuxy wrote: »
    Leo will use the private jet.
    There go the Greens.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Christy42 wrote: »
    Why exempt the UK??? Why ban trade?

Something tells me with the UK having left the EU and recent tariff wars with the EU that this is a political spat at the EU, it will however hurt the US just as much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Jaysus. According to the New York Times, Tom Hanks has COVID-19.

And the missus. She had breast cancer a while back. Hopefully she’s fully recovered from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭mickey15ie

Due to fly out Friday morning to New York will flight be cancelled now? Flying from dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

TOM HANKS AND WIFE JUST TWEETED

THEY have the Coronavirus

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Moomoomacshoe

nocoverart wrote: »
    My Father had a consultation last week for Peripheral Artery Disease, they told him to come in today for a scan before getting lower extremity bypass next week. No scan today, they brought him into the office and it turned into consultation 2.0 instead.. and said you’ll be put on a waiting list. Very worrying!

So sorry to hear this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Going forward, this could have big repercussions regarding the likes of Intel's future here, and the US pharma companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Stheno wrote: »
    Ton Hanks and his wife have tested positive

This is a bad nightmare. Someone wake me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

This is so serious now that I'll go out on a whim here and say the Governments of Europe and indeed hopefully the World will NOT let any Economical disasters occur!? It will boil down to feeding people and keeping infrastructure running..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

NOT TOM FUCKING HANKS! NOOOOOOO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

TOM HANKS AND WIFE JUST TWEETED

THEY have the Coronavirus

https://twitter.com/tomhanks/status/1237909897020207104?s=20
    Is nothing fckin sacred. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

It's interesting how this thread appears to have gone from lock the borders where are the drastic measures to oh my god trump is such an idiot what about the economy etc etc. Yep time for bed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Thats the family holiday to Disney finished anyway. Its probably for the best, but with UK exemption clearly signalling this was political, I can't help but think "f*** the US" and the man they elected and have tolerated. Which isn't like me, as the rational part of me realises many of them are fine people, not so different from us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭endainoz

I'd say it's mainland Europe alright, just need to compensate for a world leaders stupidity, we've done it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Relax, it’s all fake news

• Registered Users Posts: 23,866 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

tuxy wrote: »
    Leo will use the private jet.

Actually he won't. The small jet remaining of the two the Air Corps once had doesn't have the range to travel to the US.

Apparently Trump has spared the UK from the ban, for no proper reason as usual, so Leo can come home via London.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

This is incredibly serious now. It's every country for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Pseudonym121

nocoverart wrote: »
    My Father had a consultation last week for Peripheral Artery Disease, they told him to come in today for a scan before getting lower extremity bypass next week. No scan today, they brought him into the office and it turned into consultation 2.0 instead.. and said you’ll be put on a waiting list. Very worrying!

Listen, people need to get real. If it won’t call you in the next week then it is going to be back-burnered. Welcome to what happens in real crisis.

Right now Italian doctors are officially moving into what is called “mass casualty ethical triage”. This is a fancy way of saying that if you’re old or have underlying chronic illness you won’t get antibiotics or a ventilator and they’ll do their best to keep you comfortable. You’ll be triaged to the “will die” treatment pathway where no resources will be wasted on trying to keep you alive.

This was unofficial for a few days now ( since the death rate jumped ) but it is becoming official reality there.

This is why ( broken record mode ) EVERYONE needs to stop being an idiot and needs to hand wash, socially distance and socially isolate. At work today some non-medical staff ( not doctors and nurses ) were worrying about the sick pay etc. The medical staff were all eye-rolling because we were all thinking they needed to worry about being alive in 6 months, not their pay.

People, stop thinking it is a flu, stop thinking schools might stay open or it’ll be difficult to cope with kids at home etc etc etc. Those are laughable concerns at this stage compared to what you should be worried about.

If you think I’m exaggerating go back and check my post history. Two weeks ago I was pilloried for coming here and trying to sound a note of warning. What I was saying two weeks ago has come to pass. What I’m saying now will come to pass. If you change your behaviour now your changes of surviving this ( and the overall death rate in Ireland ) will be better than if you wait another two weeks until we reach the point I’m telling you we will reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

In a time where we need to come together, we humans tear ourselves apart. What the **** do the EU even do? Where’s the coordinated response. Where’s the let’s work together. Where’s a clear simple message of “we are going to stop flights to curtail the spread” in a non alarmist manner.

The leaders of the world should be uniting in a visible show of solidarity and strength.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

RugbyLad11 wrote: »
    One positive is that it looks like LEO will be stuck there so we won't have to see him any time soon

The ban doesn`t start until midnight on midnight Friday US eastern time presumably.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

People need to realise that with exponential curves the big numbers sneak up on you. Now as this progresses the way people react to what's happening will start to cause problems on top of those caused directly by the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

So it's just Europe (ex. UK) included in the flight ban? Not Asia or Australia?

Why single out Europe only?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭snowgal

Tonight is madness!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

He did say mainland Europe except the UK so I would take that to mean Ireland as well otherwise why specifically say except the UK :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

So it's just Europe (ex. UK) included in the flight ban? Not Asia or Australia?

Why single out Europe only?

Politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Considering the virus has anyway gained a substantial foothold in the U.S. That is such a weird decision. Unless they will leave supply routes open. Somehow?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

sok2005 wrote: »

Reading and talking is a big double task for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

mickey15ie wrote: »
    Due to fly out Friday morning to New York will flight be cancelled now? Flying from dublin

Why would you even consider going flight or no flight?

It says the measures come into effect Friday midnight for 30 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Pseudonym121

I can't take in what's being said on this thread,. TOTALLY SURREAL
    Why in Gods name did Cheltenham go ahead??

Because the human capacity for complacency and self-delusion should never be underestimated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement