Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus - Cheltenham

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

You are some clown. Starts the thread and then complains about people posting in it

I started it when there was a real threat and it was a genuine debate
    Its no longer in doubt
    You lads are only trying to annoy people
    You have nothing constructive to add

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I started it when there was a real threat and it was a genuine debate
    Its no longer in doubt
    You lads are only trying to annoy people
    You have nothing constructive to add

I'm trying to annoy people? How is that Roger? I want more than anything for Cheltenham to go ahead I'm just highlighting the fact that it's going to cause problems down the road.

You need to relax a little bit always on the offensive on here and acting like a gobshyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

It's no surprise really that the supporters of ritualistic animal absue would have little concern for human health. Not nice individuals. History will not look kindly on this decision.

Don't be Silly....Gilly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

It's no surprise really that the supporters of ritualistic animal absue would have little concern for human health. Not nice individuals. History will not look kindly on this decision.

Never miss an opportunity to knock one out Gilly. Nice.

A bit too much weight on this bait, but nice try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Things are getting serious.
    pedometer-eating pig's poo starts farm fire
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-51790435

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

I have it on good authority that crowds will be banned from Cheltenham

Too late they are already there

I have it on good authority that crowds will be banned from Cheltenham

This poster was banned from the main Corona virus thread yesterday.

Coronavirus: All sport in Italy to be suspended because of outbreak

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Coronavirus: All sport in Italy to be suspended because of outbreak

Good thing that Cheltenham is in England then!

Newtown90 wrote: »
    Good thing that Cheltenham is in England then!
    The timing is the thing that favours Cheltenham.
    Being run in March was a big plus.
    I think the Grand National might be with no spectators.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭FiftyP

Honestly, if Cheltenham was cancelled I'd go out on the batter for three days straight. Family are away and I was guilted into staying put to watch the racing, but if there was nothing to occupying me between 1pm and 6pm it'd be awful tempting to hit the pubs for social day drinking.

What I'm saying is it's a public health service to keep Cheltenham on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭morphy87

I think it’s time to close this thread now, it’s coming home lads,it’s coming home!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Everyone who is attending this shouid be ashamed. Greed before human health concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Everyone who is attending this shouid be ashamed. Greed before human health concerns.

Hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Vautours Ghost

What about all the people who went to the Manchester Derby or the people who went to Scotland France??

Does Tweed contract and spread COVID 19 easier than soccer or rugby fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

U.K. Government plans include letting" large attendance" sporting events go ahead for at least the next 10 to 14 days. It is part of gaming out the best way to manage this . Cancelling too early can be counter-productive.

So, let folks enjoy it now.

Good luck all!

We are all looking forward to it.

We are also delighted that haters like yourself have had to end up posting your discontentment with our excitement on an online forum because you are powerless to do anything else about it.

My best advice to you is to try and find an interest in your life, which might give you the ability to become passionate about something. Otherwise you are doomed to posting inciteful tripe to a group of people who could care less. I am being sincere to you, get something that moves you and makes a difference... because posting negative garbage and winding people up online has to be a fairly low denominator for contentment.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    U.K. Government plans include letting" large attendance" sporting events go ahead for at least the next 10 to 14 days. It is part of gaming out the best way to manage this . Cancelling too early can be counter-productive.

So, let folks enjoy it now.

Good luck all!

Just enough time for Liverpool to win the league and open top parade through the city:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Jayo11780

Hear hear!
    Too many negative people out there!

IAMAMORON wrote: »

We are also delighted that haters like yourself have had to end up posting your discontentment with our excitement on an online forum because you are powerless to do anything else about it.

My best advice to you is to try and find an interest in your life, which might give you the ability to become passionate about something. Otherwise you are doomed to posting inciteful tripe to a group of people who could care less. I am being sincere to you, get something that moves you and makes a difference... because posting negative garbage and winding people up online has to be a fairly low denominator for contentment.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,544 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Do not post in this thread again

• Advertisement

IAMAMORON wrote: »

I race motorbikes, it's my passion.

The festival should have been postponed simple as that.

You should care about peoples health i'm being sincere with you.

Beasty wrote: »

Ban me if you like i'll post if i want.

Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ban me if you like i'll post if i want.

Haha.

Such a badass

Just enough time for Liverpool to win the league and open top parade through the city:rolleyes:

All football matches should also be postponed and i am a lifelong liverpool supporter.

Haha.

Such a badass

Not at all.

I just care about people i love getting sick, do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,268 ✭✭✭✭fits

Beasty wrote: »

Beasty, are you moderating full time? Im outta the loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Not at all.

I just care about people i love getting sick, do you?

I do, but this isn't the place to discuss it.

The festival is going ahead. The thread can probably be closed Beasty?

All football matches should also be postponed and i am a lifelong liverpool supporter.
    Started this season?

I want to complain about Southwell, Sedgefgield, Newcastle racing going ahead today.
    It is poor quality betting fodder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

fits wrote: »
    Beasty, are you moderating full time? Im outta the loop.

Hopefully, this place is a **** show

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement