Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit worried? mod note in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

there is a free telegram group called RSG Troll box .. the guy has done a proven 28x last year , the group is free to join and he does troll a lot of the other moonboys ... its very funny hes on twitter as @calledMargin the group is t.me/RSGTrollBoxx i found it a great source

Yeah. No.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭Kickstart1.3

Bitcoin going below $7000 again. idk whats causing the drop but it looks to me like the Alts sell which give Bitcoin a temporary boost until it's cashed out.
    Serious lack of interest in many of the Alts now,even the likes of Stellar which has massive amount of development is tanking.
    What is laughable is these youtube so called "Wise men" knob heads. I think the there hayday has passed.
    It's going to take serious innovation to get the whole thing moving in the right direction because at the moment its nothing more than failed projects and promises of Moon and lambos tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Bitcoin going below $7000 again. idk whats causing the drop but it looks to me like the Alts sell which give Bitcoin a temporary boost until it's cashed out.
    Serious lack of interest in many of the Alts now,even the likes of Stellar which has massive amount of development is tanking.
    What is laughable is these youtube so called "Wise men" knob heads. I think the there hayday has passed.
    It's going to take serious innovation to get the whole thing moving in the right direction because at the moment its nothing more than failed projects and promises of Moon and lambos tomorrow

Promises of Moon and lambos? It depends on where you're sourcing your information. I disagree - but wonderful - more of this sort of thinking please - bravo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭Kickstart1.3

Of course its dependant on information sources and perspective. But you cannot deny the amount of knobs on youtube who had there hayday back in 2017 when it was at the peak of public interest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Of course its dependant on information sources and perspective. But you cannot deny the amount of knobs on youtube who had there hayday back in 2017 when it was at the peak of public interest

People also have a responsibility as regards what media they 'consume'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭nedkelly123

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Yeah. No.

ok stay REKT

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭nedkelly123

Alt coins solving 99% of problems that 99% of people will never have .. .Steer clear of them folks ... trade them to get more BTC .. and thats about it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭maninasia

A little less worried lately...are we seeing an alt revival ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

maninasia wrote: »
    A little less worried lately...are we seeing an alt revival ?

looks like it
    LTC has been leading them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Has anyone been following Justin Tron and CZ's takeover of Steem.

Apparently Tron paid Binance to use their Customers Steem funds to control voting on Steem network.

https://bitcoinist.com/steem-goes-down-after-major-exchanges-hijack-consensus-mechanism/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭themossinator

Has anyone been following Justin Tron and CZ's takeover of Steem.

Apparently Tron paid Binance to use their Customers Steem funds to control voting on Steem network.

https://bitcoinist.com/steem-goes-down-after-major-exchanges-hijack-consensus-mechanism/

this is why people should stay away from these ****coins and binance

this is why people should stay away from these ****coins and binance

I’ve already pulled everything off Binance

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I’ve already pulled everything off Binance

I’ve been getting guff around here for the past few months for pointing out that Binance looks like, acts like, and smells like an elaborate scam exchange.

The STEEM thing is just the latest crack to appear in the image that CZ Binance has tried to cultivate. It’s why he’s so tetchy in Twitter these days - the net is closing.

He deleted this earlier today.

9-E0400-DB-2-B7-C-4612-A71-C-AB8665-E1066-B.jpg
    3d dice model online

I’ve been getting guff around here for the past few months for pointing out that Binance looks like, acts like, and smells like an elaborate scam exchange.

The STEEM thing is just the latest crack to appear in the image that CZ Binance has tried to cultivate. It’s why he’s so tetchy in Twitter these days - the net is closing.

He deleted this earlier today.

9-E0400-DB-2-B7-C-4612-A71-C-AB8665-E1066-B.jpg
    3d dice model online

I just created the account to get me some NEO, but I’ve also heard something about them and their domain name and issues on that so I won’t be going near them

I just created the account to get me some NEO, but I’ve also heard something about them and their domain name and issues on that so I won’t be going near them

What’s that about the domain? Didn’t read anything about that.

In fairness you label most of crypto a scam and have repeatedly claimed it's just about to go to zero

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    In fairness you label most of crypto a scam and have repeatedly claimed it's just about to go to zero

Oh it could take years to go to zero. Most advanced Ponzi schemes do.

I think the STEEM/Binance/Justin Sun fiasco goes to show that POS is a really stupid idea, and that the scene is full of conmen out to get rich by using technical mumbo jumbo to confuse the greedy and technically illiterate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Bought some more Bitcorn there. Get a little kick every time I do, odd.

This could be a bit of a clusterfûck scenario for Binance.

CZ and the other shady exchanges could withdraw their votes. On the STEEM blockchain this locks funds for 13 weeks. Now they can pull their usual ‘we need more KYC documentation’ trick but they now have users who won’t be able to withdraw their shïtcoins.

They keep the votes in place and push through the hard fork. Not good for the ‘muh decentralisation’ mantra.

Now STEEM is a classic Dan Larimer shïtcoin, and little of value will be lost, but it just shows how stupid proof of stake and distributed proof of stake really are.

So you’re left with Bitcoin and PoW. A network that allows 4 transactions per second and conservatively uses as much CO2 in a year as Ryanair. An airline that flew 152 million passengers last year.

The sooner this entire Rube Goldberg ‘scene’ collapses, the better.

Oh it could take years to go to zero. Most advanced Ponzi schemes do.

Indeed, I have a decent memory, I remember the predictions, that tether would collapse, all that. They seem to adjust a lot, just like the crypto market ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Now STEEM is a classic Dan Larimer shïtcoin, and little of value will be lost, but it just shows how stupid proof of stake and distributed proof of stake really are.

Correct with the first bit, but you mean Delegated Proof of Stake and it was already known to be poorly thought out because it very easily leads to cartels - as EOS has shown multiple times over the last two years.

What's happened with STEEM isn't a consideration with Ethereum(-alikes) and has everything to do with the D element of DPoS (how upgrades or decisions are made) than the PoS part.

What’s that about the domain? Didn’t read anything about that.

not in the public domain

not in the public domain

Sounds made up then to be honest.

Sounds made up then to be honest.

I see Binance went "down" this morning soon after the big news from India :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

https://www.fca.org.uk/news/warnings/bitmex

UK Financial Regulator warns against Bitmex. It also warned about Kraken before removing the post.

From Cryptocompare Newsletter(link broken so I can't post)

"The U.K.’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), the country’s financial watchdog, has warned it suspects popular crypto derivatives trading platform BitMEX has been operating in the country without proper authorization. In a statement, the regulator wrote:

“We believe this firm has been providing financial services or products in the UK without our authorisation.“
    In the statement the FCA added users should be wary when dealing with the trading platform, and likened it to scammers on the cryptocurrency space, giving out tips on how to deal with these.

Every firm offering financial products in the U.K. needs to register with the FCA, although “some firms act without our authorization and some knowingly run investment scams,” it wrote. The FCA further warned that BitMEX is targeting the country’s citizens, and since it isn’t registered with the FCA those dealing with it won’t have access to the U.K.’s Financial Ombudsman Service, which has the power to resolve trading disputes.

The statement came hours after the FCA issued one about crypto exchange Kraken before promptly removing it."

Just heard Binance got hacked

Need to verify

20,000 bitcoin gone...!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Just heard Binance got hacked

Need to verify

20,000 bitcoin gone...!!!
    Do they not all use cold storage or something now? How does this happen?

No clue. To be confirmed. Would be prudent to check your accounts if on binance just in case

No clue. To be confirmed. Would be prudent to check your accounts if on binance just in case

Source?

• Advertisement

Not verified so waiting to hear back
    My account ok

Advertisement