Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit worried? mod note in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    I hold BTC, I bought it back in 2013, and no I don't "hate it".
    More power to you.
    But I don't have some emotional attachment to it that I feel the need to attack people who point out what it is.
    This is a discussion forum and for the most part, it works out quite well as such. Labeling me as 'emotional' is neither accurate nor does it add anything to the discussion. As regards 'attack' you, I've done no such thing.

This is an open discussion. You don't get to decide 'what it is'. You're quite entitled to have an opinion on it - but kindly respect that opinions differ.
    Likewise, just because I hold equities, doesn't mean I get angry at definitions of those financial instruments.
    What you do with equities is your own business. But Dohnjoe you won't be telling me what I should think or how I should respond - I thought you'd have grasped that already but I'll point it out once more just so that we're crystal on the subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

That’s why you always buy the dip.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Dohnjoe you won't be telling me what I should think or how I should respond

I'm not. I don't "hate" BTC nor am I "diametrically opposed" to crypto. Don't need those types of tribalist assumptions thanks.

For some it's clearly an ideology, for other's it's just computer code. Most people I know are only interested in price, and interest drops as price drops, which in itself is very telling.

Speculation that latest drop is potentially due to "lingering fallout" from the 3 billion Plustoken scam

I'm not. I don't "hate" BTC nor am I "diametrically opposed" to crypto. Don't need those types of tribalist assumptions thanks.

For some it's clearly an ideology, for other's it's just computer code. Most people I know are only interested in price, and interest drops as price drops, which in itself is very telling.
    You have a strong opinion on the subject - no bother. Opinions vary. Once that is accepted, I'm all good with that.

• Advertisement

Insert snoozing emoji here

For anyone that has a reasonably strong interest in the crypto/blockchain space, Ryan Selkis of crypto/blockchain research company, Messari released this report a couple of days ago.

It's an excellent piece of work and well worth a read for anyone that can afford the time.

For anyone that has a reasonably strong interest in the crypto/blockchain space, Ryan Selkis of crypto/blockchain research company, Messari released this report a couple of days ago.

It's an excellent piece of work and well worth a read for anyone that can afford the time.

CZ lists sh1tcoins on his exchange and gives inexperienced traders access to leverage to trade these. I'll gloss over that for now but instantly discredits the piece for me u fortunately.

CZ lists sh1tcoins on his exchange and gives inexperienced traders access to leverage to trade these. I'll gloss over that for now but instantly discredits the piece for me u fortunately.

Pick through the bones of it and see what comes out for you. There is no one oracle in terms of foresight as to whats what in this space so he could be as far out as a lighthouse.

You have a strong opinion on the subject - no bother. Opinions vary. Once that is accepted, I'm all good with that.

This is crypto, opinion is often confused with fact, notions that strongly held convictions somehow trump academia or globally accepted standards. You only have to open up any crypto site or sub or forum. A lot of it is garbage of course, anti-establishment or fringe libertarian stuff, a bit like conspiracy sites. Opinions dressed up as facts. Wishful thinking masquerading as economic forecasting.

Hopefully the worst of that stuff will wash away, long bears tend to have a sobering effect. On the flipside, the fantastical predictions and appeal to future fallacies tend to have a good impact on price when things start to look up, the great "conflict of interest".

• Advertisement

This is crypto, opinion is often confused with fact, notions that strongly held convictions somehow trump academia or globally accepted standards.
    I see - so your 'opinion' is always underpinned with fact? Lets hear it then. You obviously have an example for us.
    You only have to open up any crypto site or sub or forum.
    What's that got to do with our discussion here? What source are you accusing me of citing that isn't accurate? Who mentioned conspiracy apart from you?
    Opinions dressed up as facts.
    For example?
    Wishful thinking masquerading as economic forecasting.
    For example?
    Hopefully the worst of that stuff will wash away, long bears tend to have a sobering effect.
    And what? Everyone will agree with you? An interesting dystopia you're presenting there.
    On the flipside, the fantastical predictions and appeal to future fallacies tend to have a good impact on price when things start to look up, the great "conflict of interest".
    What is this supposed to even mean?

I see - so your 'opinion' is always underpinned with fact? Lets hear it then. You obviously have an example for us.

Not what I wrote.
    What's that got to do with our discussion here? What source are you accusing me of citing that isn't accurate? Who mentioned conspiracy apart from you?

Not accusing you of anything, it's a generalisation.

An interesting dystopia you're presenting there.

Not presenting any dystopia. It's currently a bear market in crypto.

Not what I wrote.
    It very much seems that way. But no matter. I'll sum this up again then - we all have opinions and opinions differ.
    Not accusing you of anything, it's a generalisation.
    I guess you can't find anything that fits in that respect.
    Not presenting any dystopia.

You went on about conspiracy this and that - like I said, you're the only one to have brought that word into this discussion. And what of 'anti-establishment' or 'libertarian' viewpoints should someone express them? You seem to think that they're opinions that are not worthy of being heard. Hence the dystopia reference.

Otherwise, you cite 'opinions dressed up as facts' yet can't provide an example.
    You cite 'Wishful thinking masquerading as economic forecasting.' yet can't give an example.

The invitation was to accept that people hold different opinions - that's to be respected and park it up at that. Evidently, you can't park it up at that.

It very much seems that way. But no matter. I'll sum this up again then - we all have opinions and opinions differ.

I guess you can't find anything that fits in that respect.

You went on about conspiracy this and that - like I said, you're the only one to have brought that word into this discussion. And what of 'anti-establishment' or 'libertarian' viewpoints should someone express them? You seem to think that they're opinions that are not worthy of being heard. Hence the dystopia reference.

Otherwise, you cite 'opinions dressed up as facts' yet can't provide an example.
    You cite 'Wishful thinking masquerading as economic forecasting.' yet can't give an example.

The invitation was to accept that people hold different opinions - that's to be respected and park it up at that. Evidently, you can't park it up at that.

Calm down there :) Not every generalisation about crypto (good or bad) is a personal attack on you or by extension your personal beliefs

Calm down there :) Not every generalisation about crypto (good or bad) is a personal attack on you or by extension your personal beliefs

Perfectly calm dude. I guess there must have been someone that spurred the need for these generalisations then and they're none the wiser.

Multiple crypto youtube channels hit with strikes in the past 24h.

Some accounts have lost up to two years worth of videos, and many accounts have well over 100k followers, with any affected accounts barred from uploading for a week.

Any opinions?

The sooner all platforms are decentralised, the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Some accounts have lost up to two years worth of videos, and many accounts have well over 100k followers, with any affected accounts barred from uploading for a week.

Any opinions?

Which channels were hit?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Any opinions?

Big brother doesn’t want the news to get out there me thinks

el diablo wrote: »
    Which channels were hit?

Chris Dunn
    Alex Saunders

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Any opinions?

Not aware of this particular cases, but YouTube is gradually becoming a global propaganda machine: on the surface they allow anyone to easily reach a global audience, but in practice as soon as someone they don’t like starts becoming too influential, they dereference, demonetise, or as a last resort block access to the platform.

I.e. some kind of modern censorship whereby anyone is free to say whatever they want so that they can’t say there is no freedom of speech, and rather than hard censorship speech control is exercised by only granting people access to a wide audience when they are saying the right things.

• Advertisement

Altcoin Daily
    The Moon (Carl)

The list is growing:mad:

First they came for Alex Jones..

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭peterofthebr

i noticed a video which was about the true origions of jesus (pharo connection..)..it was hours long.. was removed from youtube about 4 years ago.. so this is nothing new.

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Altcoin Daily
    The Moon (Carl)

The list is growing:mad:

Carl is only a young lad and his Instagram is full of sh1t and crappy posts about materialist stuff.

But if you want some decent TA analysis and fairly good hit rates he's the only man in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Google now saying it was a mistake: https://cointelegraph.com/news/youtube-reinstates-more-crypto-related-content-admits-to-mistake-via-twitter

But given the scale of it (and the fact that some publishers are saying they are still having issues) , I don’t buy it was a pure honest mistake. It looks more like to me they were testing the water.

The good thing is that it got some people to realise how much power they have given to a private corporation which given YouTube’s dominance essentially has the capacity to decide who has the right to publish which video content to a wide audience globally.

But if you want some decent TA analysis and fairly good hit rates he's the only man in my opinion.

His 2 buddies on MMCRYPTO & da Vinci j15 are also decent
    Crypto Jebb is a very good and thorough guy aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    His 2 buddies on MMCRYPTO & da Vinci j15 are also decent

I've stopped listening to these two moonboys months ago as they've been consistently wrong about everything for quite some time now. :pac:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 64,794 ✭✭✭✭unkel

el diablo wrote: »
    they've been consistently wrong about everything for quite some time now. :pac:

Hasn't everybody been wrong? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭nedkelly123

there is a free telegram group called RSG Troll box .. the guy has done a proven 28x last year , the group is free to join and he does troll a lot of the other moonboys ... its very funny hes on twitter as @calledMargin the group is t.me/RSGTrollBoxx i found it a great source

Advertisement