Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[RULES QUESTIONS]Any questions or are unsure about anything, ask here before posting.

1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Sapnupuas

I know this is for questions about rules but im having issues with creating a new thread and sending pm’s. Whenever i try do either it just says there was an error and to try again, could a mod help me?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Sapnupuas wrote: »
    I know this is for questions about rules but im having issues with creating a new thread and sending pm’s. Whenever i try do either it just says there was an error and to try again, could a mod help me?
    Hi, nothing I can see wrong as regards permissions on your account.

Can you pm me with specifics of what you are trying to do.

Take a screenshot if possible and I can pass it to the tech team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Can we sell BB guns ? like non gas guns ?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭MichaelDevers

Non gas (Spring, electric, etc..), gas and C02 are all perfectly fine, as long as there under a joule.

If it shoots lead, you won't be able to. More or less classified as a firearm (Open to corrections).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

The law states it must be less than or equal to 1 joule.

Forum rules are you must have proof of this (by having it tested by a retailer or club).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Is there a bargin thread for airsoft?

I'm in a few in different subs and think it could work well here, is this OK to post here or would a different sub be a better place for it?

Can you expand on what you mean by that?

So for example I'm in one for xbox games and accessories.

If posters see something they think is a bargin they post in the thread to make others aware of it.

Such as a store having 25% off a game or console etc.

Could work well for the airsoft thread with all the different sites and shops around

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    So for example I'm in one for xbox games and accessories.

If posters see something they think is a bargin they post in the thread to make others aware of it.

Such as a store having 25% off a game or console etc.

Could work well for the airsoft thread with all the different sites and shops around

OK, gotcha. A bargain alerts type thread.

I'll put it to the mods and see what we all think.

Thanks.

Steve wrote: »
    OK, gotcha. A bargain alerts type thread.

I'll put it to the mods and see what we all think.

Thanks.

Sorry was in work earlier so just hit the like button.

Yeah that's what I was thinking was just terrible at explaining it!

Cheers for your time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Johnny Derpp

Hi guys, I want to sell some gear but I dont have a chronograph and since I don't play anymore I can't get them done at a site.
    Does any of the shops offer this service for a small fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Hi guys, I want to sell some gear but I dont have a chronograph and since I don't play anymore I can't get them done at a site.
    Does any of the shops offer this service for a small fee?

Don't believe I've ever heard of retailers charging for this in all my years, but many of us would have relationships with the shops and/or friends who work there, so, go make some friends (T-Virus safe distance, etc.) and should be grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Showdy Howdy

Hey everyone,

This might sound a bit silly but I was thinking of selling my airsoft rifle on here but then I actually realised I have no idea how I would sell it, you can't bring into a public area and what if someone wants to try/test it + I don't want to give my home address. Any suggestions from people with similar situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hugh323

hi i am new here, but how do I list something for sale? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13 davidlynch2016

So why was my thread locked…

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭shytan

Because you seriously breached the forum rules....".Compatible with most after market upgrades for the VSR, this gun tested at 440 fps with .2 ammunition."

• Registered Users Posts: 4 OOSt3v

How do I delete a post so I can repost, also how do I edit a post(seems I can edit some but not others)?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Arcaine

I'm looking to sell an AEGs and some pistols, but I've no batteries or way to get test them/local site. There's a hard requirement on joule/FPS of what they're shooting at. Can I sell without this or will I just sell them on to a shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Desperado101

Where do ye stand on fraud, sellers taking money and lying about sending ?

No.1 you report the ussue with facts and do not post your accusations on thread

• Advertisement

Reading the rules is a requirement

Safe buying / selling online

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭jsmrf

@shytan What happened to the feedback thread? Did it fall victim to a boards.ie policy change? Is there something else we can do as a means of promoting good honest/ decent sellers like perhaps leaving feedback on the adverts themselves?

Edit: Never mind, for some reason it wasn't showing up in the stickied section of the forum with the other two threads but I was able to locate it through my post history.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭danpatjoe

Hi All,

Quick question.... Are Denix replicas allowed for sale here?

Adverts do not allow them, but I thought that some of you guys might be interested.

Not a Mod so don't take what I say as an official stance but if it's just a mock model gun I don't see why not but given that this is an Airsoft sales forum I would say it isn't the right place for that. Adverts is very finnicky about such things unfortunately. Maybe you'll have better luck on FB marketplace?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 paddy__1234

How do I go about posting airsoft guns for sale thanks

No, not allowed on FB marketplace either.

Can any Mod tell me if it is allowed for sale here? (Denix non-firing replica)

This is the replica I was referring to:

Denix MG34.

No not allowed here either i am afraid

• Advertisement

I'd say your best bet is to see if there is a re-enactors FB Group or forum here in Ireland and see if they have allow sales in either of those places.

Advertisement