Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[RULES QUESTIONS]Any questions or are unsure about anything, ask here before posting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Gray

Once you have agreed a price on thread & moved to PM's how long before you can put an item back up for sale if the person stops responding to your PM's.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Gray wrote: »
    Once you have agreed a price on thread & moved to PM's how long before you can put an item back up for sale if the person stops responding to your PM's.
    There's two situations that this happens in.

1. The other user hasn't been online - you can check when they were on last by looking at their profile page (unless they've set it to private) or searching for their latest posts.
    In this case, you should allow 48 hours for them to reply. That's not actually a rule but, if you do so, at least you can say you gave them every chance to respond.

2. The other user has been online and / or posting on other threads since your last contact with them.
    In this case, they should at least have the courtesy to reply - if even to ask for more time etc.., you'd be within your rights to move to next in line after 24 hours.

If time is pressing or depending on the circumstances, you can ask a mod if it's OK to move to next in line before that (best way to do that is report the post where you went sale agreed and outline the reasons for wanting to move on).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Deadpool

I have seen on other websites that they have a place where people can trade non airsoft stuff for airsoft stuff,Could we have a place like this rather than everytime some tries to trade an xbox or tv Or in my case a wii that they can do so without hassle from other boarders.Like how many times have you needed something and only had airsoft gear to trade but the lad on the other end of the phone has no idea what airsoft is.I think i might have put this in the wrong place but i will try it here and if it needs to be moved ..sorry mods

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Conorv

If i create a WANTED thread and someone offers me something, but before i can respond someone else enters my thread and buys the item, is that allowed?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055936562

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Conorv wrote: »
    If i create a WANTED thread and someone offers me something, but before i can respond someone else enters my thread and buys the item, is that allowed?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055936562

Hey conorv.

This was duscussed earlier in the thread and no its not allowed as it is thread jacking/spoiling.
    Andy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Conorv

andy_g wrote: »
    Hey conorv.

This was duscussed earlier in the thread and no its not allowed as it is thread jacking/spoiling.
    Andy

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

Andy, perhaps you could clarify the situation on this one.

I offered asking on an item, seller accepted my offer & PM'd me contact details. I was offline for approx. 20hrs and by the time I got back online the seller PM'd me a second time saying he was not selling item after all.

I've read the charter but can't see how it covers this scenario. Sellers have the right to remove items for sale but the way this was done doesn't sit right with me. Can you advise best way to proceed?

Mark

Andy, perhaps you could clarify the situation on this one.

I offered asking on an item, seller accepted my offer & PM'd me contact details. I was offline for approx. 20hrs and by the time I got back online the seller PM'd me a second time saying he was not selling item after all.

I've read the charter but can't see how it covers this scenario. Sellers have the right to remove items for sale but the way this was done doesn't sit right with me. Can you advise best way to proceed?

Mark

Hey Mark.
    Let me take a look into this and i will get back to you as soon as possible.
    i just want to get an opinion off one of my co-mods. Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

Hey Mark.
    Let me take a look into this and i will get back to you as soon as possible.
    i just want to get an opinion off one of my co-mods. Andy

Any decision/guidance on this one yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

How do I report a user rather then a post?
    (I want to report off thread selling, double accounts and general disregard for deals made)

• Advertisement

cypharius wrote: »
    How do I report a user rather then a post?
    (I want to report off thread selling, double accounts and general disregard for deals made)

If it was off thread dealing as in pm report the pm. if thats not the case if you can send a pm to a mod with links to the off thread dealing. andy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭metroman

if i bought an item on site and i was not happy with that item when i got it home ... what come backs do i have ...:D
    thanks metroman...

metroman wrote: »
    if i bought an item on site and i was not happy with that item when i got it home ... what come backs do i have ...:D
    thanks metroman...

Contact the person you had purchased the item off via pm/phone call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Furious_D

while i was offline a bidder placed a bid on my items. he then pm'd me to inform me that he would be away working till late and offered his phone number to negotiate. am i allowed to negotiate via the phone?

Furious_D wrote: »
    while i was offline a bidder placed a bid on my items. he then pm'd me to inform me that he would be away working till late and offered his phone number to negotiate. am i allowed to negotiate via the phone?

It would technically constitute as off thread dealing as per forum charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Furious_D

It would technically constitute as off thread dealing as per forum charter.

so thats a no then?

It woukd be im afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭scar 101

hey if i see a offer i wanted on a wanted thread and if the op doesn't take it am i free to pm him but not go on the wanted thread so if im not free to pm him do i post up a wanted Thread.

scar 101 wrote: »
    hey if i see a offer i wanted on a wanted thread and if the op doesn't take it am i free to pm him but not go on the wanted thread so if im not free to pm him do i post up a wanted Thread.

Hey Scar 101.

Your best bet would be to post a wanted thread. if you were to pm the user then it would be off thread dealing as per the charter.
    Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Steve wrote: »
    There's a couple of situations this can happen in.

1. A FOR SALE thread where someone offers a trade for the item being sold and the offer is specifically rejected by the seller (OP).
    2. A WANTED thread where someone offers their item and the offer is specifically rejected by the buyer (OP).

To stay within the rules, you have the following options:

1. You can not post on the thread to say that you want the offered item, this would be considered thread-spoiling.

2. If the person offering the item already has a for sale thread here for it then you may place an offer on that thread.

3. You can post your own WANTED thread here for the item in question (best option all round imo, you may also get better items offered to you).

4. If the person offering the item does not have a for sale thread here for it then you may contact them privately (PM) *provided* that you only contact them after their offer was rejected. Bear in mind though that randomly contacting people via PM could possibly leave you open to your PM being reported and being dealt with by a site admin as possible spam. I've no control or say in in the matter if that happens.

I hope that makes sense, if not please ask :)

Sorry Andy but your answer appears to conflict with what Steve said to a similar question
    It is a bit confusing with two Mods saying almost the opposite of each other

• Advertisement

DeBurca wrote: »
    Sorry Andy but your answer appears to conflict with what Steve said to a similar question
    It is a bit confusing with two Mods saying almost the opposite of each other

Fully understandable steve is an adverts mod so i'll always give way for them in adverts questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Eoiners

Hi,
    If a for sale thread is a couple of months old and it appears from the correspondence that a deal was made (brought to pm's) but nothing concrete was stated that the item was sold is it okay to comment asking whether it's still available?
    Thanks
    Eoin

Eoiners wrote: »
    Hi,
    If a for sale thread is a couple of months old and it appears from the correspondence that a deal was made (brought to pm's) but nothing concrete was stated that the item was sold is it okay to comment asking whether it's still available?
    Thanks
    Eoin

Yep thats not a problem at all. It happens all the time.
    Again once everything is kept on thread and once the thread isnt dating back to 2009 its ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Eoiners

Thanks for that :) sorry about before too just jumped in!

No problem happens to all of us at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Just a small curiosity - with regard to threadspoiling; if you have a genuine interest in an item, and if you know you can buy it for cheaper, or not much dearer, are you allowed post that it can be bought for less to incite a drop in asking price?

I understand that threadspoiling is to protect attacks on sellers, but I was just thinking that the lines are blurred when it comes to buying.

You could say i offer X for this item as i have seen it here for this price. Then it would not be thread spoiling but if you jus post oh you can get that item cheaper at this site (insert website here) it could be seen as thread spoiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Cheers for clarification Andy!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭MWoods

Hey,
    About two days ago I posted on a thread expressing interest in a airsoft pistol somebody was selling. I haven't got a reply even though the OP has been online at least twice since then. I'm pretty sure he is just browsing and thinks that his thread has gone cold. So is it acceptable for me to PM him saying that I made an offer on his thread, just so next time he comes online he will see the PM and check the thread out and hopefully reply?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

MWoods wrote: »
    Hey,
    About two days ago I posted on a thread expressing interest in a airsoft pistol somebody was selling. I haven't got a reply even though the OP has been online at least twice since then. I'm pretty sure he is just browsing and thinks that his thread has gone cold. So is it acceptable for me to PM him saying that I made an offer on his thread, just so next time he comes online he will see the PM and check the thread out and hopefully reply?
    Hi, MWoods
    Best is to report a post in the thread or pm a mod and ask them to contact the seller - otherwise is could be seen as OTD. :)

Advertisement