Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    He did say he signed a new multi fight deal for this fight on improved terms. Was surprised to see €200k. I hope he got something extra undisclosed.

That would be the lowest anyone has ever got paid to fight Mc Gregor. Surely he got 7 figures as it was one of the highest PPV in UFC history.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

That would be the lowest anyone has ever got paid to fight Mc Gregor. Surely he got 7 figures as it was one of the highest PPV in UFC history.

Cowboy said before the fight all his future fights, not just this one, are big paydays. 200k is his normal pay so thats not accurate.

Conor also said cowboy is making millions this fight, up from a few hundred thousand.

So either UFC hid cowboys real pay for unknown reason, or Conor is paying Cowboy.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,118 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    He did say he signed a new multi fight deal for this fight on improved terms. Was surprised to see €200k. I hope he got something extra undisclosed.

Can’t imagine a situation where he didn’t get a undisclosed sum.
    Eg 200show/200win with $2m undisclosed once it goes over 500k buys would still be “flat” pay.

spix wrote: »
    Cowboy said before the fight all his future fights, not just this one, are big paydays. 200k is his normal pay so thats not accurate.

Conor also said cowboy is making millions this fight, up from a few hundred thousand.

So either UFC hid cowboys real pay for unknown reason, or Conor is paying Cowboy.:confused:
    Conor would make the UFC pay for it cause they know he's bringing the big money. I say UFC are not being truthful.

I say UFC are not being truthful.
    Not truthful about what?

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Not truthful about what?

The disclosed part of 200k, I would imagine he got paid much more for fighting Conor.

The disclosed part of 200k, I would imagine he got paid much more for fighting Conor.
    I'm sure he did also. But I don't see how that makes the UFC untruthful. :confused:

PPV/Bonuses are never disclosed. Keeping those details private, isn't the same as lying about them. I'd imagine Conor got more than just his purse too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Posts deleted

Folks..you know well enough at this stage..MMA talk only. Any gossip nonsense is going to result in a ban..dont try my patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Surprise surprise motherbuddies the king has returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Surprise surprise motherbuddies the king has returned.

How did you feel his beard impacted Cerrone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Jaysus ur one was rough asf in that video, all over twitter.

Banned for a week for ignoring my post only above yours...yellow cards for the rest of you and the posts deleted.

I'm not going to keep telling you folks..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

UFC back in Dublin in August! No way he fights on a smaller show right?? Would be epic.

Will never forget the Brandao fight night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

UFC back in Dublin in August! No way he fights on a smaller show right?? Would be epic.

Not a chance. It'll be filled with local lads, so probably a large chunk of SBG, and some semi big name for main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Not a chance in hell. No way they're putting him on a Fight Night card.

They'll put some local names on it and then the usual European fighters that fill the shows over here.

It'll be a 'poor' card by UFC standard in terms of names, but still a decent night out. And as said, hopefully some of the local fighters get the opportunity to make a name for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Not a chance. It'll be filled with local lads, so probably a large chunk of SBG, and some semi big name for main event.

So many of the decent SBG guys are tied to Bellator though...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,592 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

It'll be full of European fighters,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I wonder if Khabib gets injured will Conor volunteer to step in?? If he was to beat Ferguson then Khabib would have to either fight him next or be sacked by ufc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Khabib would have to either fight him next or be sacked by ufc.

...No

Tazzimus wrote: »
    ...No

...Maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

...Maybe

No

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Sacked No, stripped possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Khabib would have to either fight him next or be sacked by ufc.

Suuuuure!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

I was just reading coverage of the Sanchez/Pereira fight and reactions from the pros on mmafighting. Did Conor actually call out Sanchez after the fight?! He tweeted something to that effected then deleted it afterwards.

Also I was listening to a recent Luke Thomas podcast where he mentioned that John Kavanagh has blocked him on twitter. Does anyone know why? Seems a bizarre one to me. Luke can be a little preachy about his political and social views for my taste but he is a highly intelligent, thoughtful commentator and an excellent analyst who has always given Conor a fair shake in my opinion. I always thought JK was a fairly laid back guy. I am really curious what happened to precipitate him blocking one of the premier mma journalists like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I saw Conor had retweeted this but its deleted now. It's a mock ESPN MMA account with a mockup of Conor fighting Sanchez in Dublin

https://twitter.com/jaqueseoctavius/status/1228989971534618626?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

I have absolutely no interest in watching Conor add to the brain damage Diego Sanchez already has.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

BigMo1 wrote: »
    I have absolutely no interest in watching Conor add to the brain damage Diego Sanchez already has.

I think Conor was taking the piss due to the fact that Sanchez chickened out of the fight. ie Sanchez is the least deserving of a red panty night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Helwani reporting that Mcgregor vs Gaehtje in talks and rumoured for the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,547 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ricero wrote: »
    Helwani reporting that Mcgregor vs Gaehtje in talks and rumoured for the summer.

Cracking fight, hopefully for international fight week if it does happen.

Advertisement