Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

She's doing outdoor gigs in Belfast/Cork/Galway/Dublin in July already, none sold out AFAIK

I'd agree it's a weird one if she's a headliner, but I doubt she will be

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

lc180 wrote: »
    My guess is Mura Masa.

Pod love to recycle headliners from Forbidden Fruit and Metropolis.
    I was thinking that but he headlined ATN 2018, so they'd hardly have him back so soon?

Eod100 wrote: »
    JVM could be a good shout. Think he has new album out later this year alright!

he's playing Latitude festival a couple of weeks before too.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭eplady2017

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    seling out every venue she's booked in the last few months. She was amazing at vicar street. In flying form at the momenyt, I'd say even if she is up there as a headliner she absolutely deserves it and I'd say the doubters will be glad she got that slot. I guess as a draw for people thinking about tickets tho probably not exotic enough.

Are we thinking any close to selling out this year yet???
    If I remember last year (although happy to be corrected if I'm wrong) it sold out fairly soon after the first announcement...

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Are we thinking any close to selling out this year yet???
    If I remember last year (although happy to be corrected if I'm wrong) it sold out fairly soon after the first announcement...

Start of March it sold out I think yeah!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Sinéad is always worth a look but even if she is among the largest billing, I wouldn't expect her to be in a headline slot.

Father John Misty and Patti Smith some of the biggest (in terms of font size) names last year but they didn't get the latest slots on the day.

FJM played at 7.45pm, Patti Smith just after and Hot Chip closed it.

Could see a repeat of that with Sinead O'Connor, Iggy Pop and a dance headline act this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭lc180

I was thinking that but he headlined ATN 2018, so they'd hardly have him back so soon?

Ah I forgot he headlined in 2018! Very doubtful now, would be a very lazy booking if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Morrissey up the top there? New album on way

doubt ATN would touch him with a ten foot pole

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

You could be right with the two headliners ghostdancer. Either way not a clue who they could be. Noticed that with the 'elly' too, can't quite make out the letter before it. Stella Donnelly is at Bilbao BBK a few weeks before so that's probably a good guess!

From scouring through forums and the comments on facebook/instagram, these seem to be the guesses so far:

Sinead O'Connor
    Groove Armada
    Goldfrapp
    DIIV
    Cage the Elephant
    808 State/Candi Staton
    Avalon Emerson
    Four Tet
    James Vincent McMorrow

Quinn Christopherson under Girl Band...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Sinéad is always worth a look but even if she is among the largest billing, I wouldn't expect her to be in a headline slot.

Father John Misty and Patti Smith some of the biggest (in terms of font size) names last year but they didn't get the latest slots on the day.

Could see a repeat of that with Sinead O'Connor, Iggy Pop and a dance headline act this time around.

haha could have sworn that was at like 2 in the afternoon.

Love festival time

• Advertisement

You could be right with the two headliners ghostdancer. Either way not a clue who they could be. Noticed that with the 'elly' too, can't quite make out the letter before it. Stella Donnelly is at Bilbao BBK a few weeks before so that's probably a good guess!

From scouring through forums and the comments on facebook/instagram, these seem to be the guesses so far:

Sinead O'Connor
    Groove Armada
    Goldfrapp
    DIIV
    Cage the Elephant
    808 State/Candi Staton
    Avalon Emerson
    Four Tet
    James Vincent McMorrow

I think I can make out Iggy Pop on there too. Would be amazing if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

FJM deserves a better a better slot then that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

FJM deserves a better a better slot then that

It was ideal in the end - I expected him to be on later but it was in the midst of an absolute downpour and was the exact tonic I needed in the **** weather!

He was great. I'd have swapped him and Patti if I was doing the running order myself but I was happy enough with how it worked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

FJM was highlight of last year for me. Luggage went missing so he came out in a tracksuit, in the rain, and was class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Was this before Underworld came on and played second fiddle to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

He was awesome!

dunno, wasn't there, he was top line on the poster though:

DinyEkGX4AEDBUH.jpg

Underworld definitely headlined the Saturday night and Mura Masa was on before them (We left the main arena just after he finished).

Had planned on watching Underworld too but ended up down at the bandstand at the main house with a selection of cheesecakes like an auld fogey!

DinyEkGX4AEDBUH.jpg

Looking back, cracking lineup - what a great weekend that was.

God bless Fufanu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭rubick

F*ck sake lads I thought there'd been a surprise line-up drop for a second!

Looking back, cracking lineup - what a great weekend that was.

Would you rather:

Last years organisational shambles, traffic and wasps BUT you get the weather from year 1

OR

Perfectly ran festival, breeze in and out, a fleet of trained wasps serving drinks BUT you get last years weather

D.Q wrote: »
    Would you rather:

Last years organisational shambles, traffic and wasps BUT you get the weather from year 1

OR

Perfectly ran festival, breeze in and out, a fleet of trained wasps serving drinks BUT you get last years weather

Damn....

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Would you rather:

OR

Always the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 GerPen2015

Would you rather:

OR

Ohhh now there's a head scratcher , can we have a happy medium ? But I'd always take the weather , it makes it all better :D

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Always the sun.

Inclined to say the same tbh

Although those wasps would have put a different spin on the 1st years glorious sunshine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Good weather 100%, you would forget about the traffic by the Saturday morning. Although if they have the same problems with the traffic this year I'd say there would be a good chance it would be the end of ATN.

Would you rather:

OR

Good weather all the way. There's nothing quite like kicking back in the sunshine by your tent with a few good friends and a tasty beverage....it's my happy place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭rubick

I wasn't at the first one, but was the queuing system the same, i.e. funnelled into that country lane aka Wasp Alley and slowly moving forward for 2 hours? That was ludicrous. Hope the main gates are opened earlier this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭Stillill42

maximoose wrote: »
    God bless Fufanu

They were magic. Ghostdancer has done you all a disservice by turning your thoughts to 2018 with the sun and the smiles and the Fufanu. And the easy access. And the stuff by the castle. And the friendlier wasps. We possibly dreamed it. I'm still angry about lots of things last year and can't bring myself to hand over my hard earned cash again this year. I wish you all the very best for Monday, I'm sure it'll be a cracking line up.

Advertisement