Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Comments

L1011 wrote: »
    the bridge over the Dublin Road is clearly gone.

It certainly looks like a bridge there on the map.
    I thought it was a level crossing,hence the name was always the Crossings.

I wonder why Hethermans bridge wasn't demolished along with the rail.

Bit of info here

http://eiretrains.com/Photo_Gallery/Railway%20Stations%20N/Naas/IrishRailwayStations.html

the Dublin Rd at the northern end of the station crossed the former double track line from Sallins (singled in 1937) via an overbridge, demolished in 1953 and replaced by a levelcrossing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

ran into a convoy of travellers on Sunday morning at the Rathcoole exit completely blocking the 3 lanes about to start racing the horses on the dual carriageway

Bit of a wet the pants moment as they completely blocked us in, swerving their Land Cruisers with trailers across 3 lanes as we approached, forcing a slam on the brakes moment. Then as I tried to move to the outside lane and go around on the grass verge, they blocked that too

Must have been about 20-30 cars with half of them with trailers

Eventually got passed and we were followed for a few min by one of them, called the boys in blue but not sure what happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Anyone with knowledge of Naas area estate agents? We are selling our house which is a one off rural house by private sale for around 500k.

Would Rea Farrell be good?
    Appleton?
    Any other recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

There's a job going at Hanlon Concrete Products in Naas for an Experienced HGV Driver.

Main points:

* We are looking to recruit both full and part-time HGV Drivers for our busy Concrete operations team.
    * All our HGV Driver positions will be based in the County of Kildare location, close to West Dublin.
    * As a Hanlon Concrete HGV Driver your responsibilities will include driving company vehicles, the safe loading, transport, delivery and safe unloading of our Concrete products, throughout Leinster.

For full spec and to apply, please visit https://kildarejobs.ie/job/14102169/experienced-hgv-driver-wanted-kildare

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,036 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Anyone with knowledge of Naas area estate agents? We are selling our house which is a one off rural house by private sale for around 500k.

Appleton?

Sherry Fitz or Coonan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Eventually got passed and we were followed for a few min by one of them, called the boys in blue but not sure what happened

I see this on a regular basis on a Sunday morning. Usually around 7am. Ive rang the guards a few times but I doubt they ever bother with it as they are there racing the next week at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭eusap

Appleton?

We bought our house from Bryan Little Estate Agents, found them very helpful and if selling would give him a call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

beertons wrote: »
    Sherry Fitz or Coonan.

Why?

Why not for REA Brophy Farrell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

Any idea what the building and hoarding is for on the monread road beside Aylmer park?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    ran into a convoy of travellers on Sunday morning at the Rathcoole exit completely blocking the 3 lanes about to start racing the horses

Seems to be happening every Sunday morning
    Luckily got by before they started but saw them all parked on the hard shoulder

I wasn’t as lucky the weekend before - stuck behind them for ages
    Felt so sorry for the horses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Cazale wrote: »
    I see this on a regular basis on a Sunday morning. Usually around 7am. Ive rang the guards a few times but I doubt they ever bother with it as they are there racing the next week at the same time.

What did the guards say ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,807 ✭✭✭✭anewme

foodaholic wrote: »
    Seems to be happening every Sunday morning
    Luckily got by before they started but saw them all parked on the hard shoulder

I wasn’t as lucky the weekend before - stuck behind them for ages
    Felt so sorry for the horses

Youd have to wonder why this is not tackled head on, if it's a weekly occurrence.

Irelands cruelty record is appalling.

foodaholic wrote:
    What did the guards say ?

Not much. They would send a car but didn't seem too interested. I know a few other people I work with have rang them too after being delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

Hello Everyone, hope you all are having a good day.

I am planning to shift to Naas. How is the commute from Naas to Dublin city center for work? Is it manageable or is it better to stay near city?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Renjit wrote: »

I am planning to shift to Naas. How is the commute from Naas to Dublin city center for work? Is it manageable or is it better to stay near city?

stay near the city. Government policy is going to change to keeping people in the city as opposed to commuter towns. you will lose 3 hours a day minimum on the commute.

Have you thought about Citywest or Adamstown?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Government policy is going to change to keeping people in the city as opposed to commuter towns.

Should house building just stop outside Dublin city centre then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Renjit wrote: »

Good that you’re hoping to move to Naas, I find it a great town and area to be in. I would look at other things than your commute to sway your decision. Research what goes on in the area, and visit a few times on different days (weekend and during the week)

I have a friend commuting by bus to o’connell Bridge every day. He seems to be happy with it. Train from sallins is another option

Should house building just stop outside Dublin city centre then?

No but its ludricous to move to Naas if you work in Dublin City centre. If you have a job in Naas or near, then move to Naas. So you could build houses in Naas. All these new houses being built in naas, just going to block up the roads more. Loads of unused land around Citywest that could cater for people working in dublin city centre.

In answer to your question, Renjit, there are insufficent services in Naas to deal with this population explosion. nobody can get a school place, a GP. There is a tiny park with a run down playground. the town is gridlocked and awful to look at. everyone drives, and nowhere nice to walk. Avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Appleton?

Sherry Fitz - Probably the biggest in Naas - have the finger on the pulse of whats happening in Naas market, bought and sold with them

Rea Brophy Farrell - Had a truly terrible experience with them, ended up dealing with the vendors directly as they were so incompetent. Perhaps it was just the agent we had, I met the owner and he seemed clued in.

• Advertisement

id recommend sherry fitz too. dont know about their pricing/commissions though. But john and padraig in shery fitz are lovely to deal with and very good at their job. when i sell ill use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,579 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Not much. They would send a car but didn't seem too interested. I know a few other people I work with have rang them too after being delayed.

Gards would be reluctant to go anywhere near them unless they could guarantee big back up and at those hours that's difficult. Even with that there's a possibility of a serious riot starting.

Probably best to let them get on with it, they'd be finished quickly enough.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Gards would be reluctant to go anywhere near them unless they could guarantee big back up and at those hours that's difficult. Even with that there's a possibility of a serious riot starting.

What You saying, to let them break the law? Because that is exactly what they are doing?

I was brought up to believe NOBODY was above the law. Seems one law for law-abiding citizens and another for this kind of carry-on.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

No but its ludricous to move to Naas if you work in Dublin City centre. If you have a job in Naas or near, then move to Naas. So you could build houses in Naas. All these new houses being built in naas, just going to block up the roads more. Loads of unused land around Citywest that could cater for people working in dublin city centre.

In answer to your question, Renjit, there are insufficent services in Naas to deal with this population explosion. nobody can get a school place, a GP. There is a tiny park with a run down playground. the town is gridlocked and awful to look at. everyone drives, and nowhere nice to walk. Avoid.

The place is nice but the thought of traveling 4 hours daily to city center seems a bit too tiring. I wish there wasn't this much rush during peak hours.

How is the development plan for Naas in 5-10 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Trax is has been sold and is closing down.

Pity as I really liked that place.

I liked it as a place to eat as it was different, really nice surroundings, but last 2 experiences in there I felt standards had dropped compared to before

Apparently the guards are getting called out to "hoax" calls 30-45 min before the "races" away from where they are having it so when the genuine calls come in from people about them being racing they are too far away to deal with it and they are done

Yeah lets all just turn a blind eye to animal abuse.

stay near the city. Government policy is going to change to keeping people in the city as opposed to commuter towns. you will lose 3 hours a day minimum on the commute.

Have you thought about Citywest or Adamstown?

I'd pick Naas over either of these two areas.

A friend cant get out of Adamstown, he doesn't like it at all. it's full of anti social gang behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,579 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What You saying, to let them break the law? Because that is exactly what they are doing?

I was brought up to believe NOBODY was above the law. Seems one law for law-abiding citizens and another for this kind of carry-on.

Oh I agree but that's how the Gardai view it. If it was at 11am it would be a different matter

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

https://v.redd.it/lnemqc2kjxh41

Video of a recent race they had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Advertisement