Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Escape from Tarkov

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Brontosaurus

You have to remember that 9x18 is the worst caliber in the game, it won't go through any armor. 9x19 MIGHT go through a visor of a low-tier helmet, other than that aim for the face if you use a pistol. Alternatively, shotgun to the legs or face is the best low-level strat :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Bump because it deserves it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭Laviski

Bump because it deserves it ;)

Recently got it, great game but not a huge fan of the tetris part of the game in dealing with the stash. However, Gameplay is great, tough and very intense at times especially against groups, love the cruel aspects and brings me back to my eve online days.

At present consdering the upgrade for when the next wipe happens. Not happening for a few months so will grind it out and see how the game continues to develop before (official) release.

• Yeah I agree about the stash tetris. I wish I could auto sort my stash and not have to hugely worry about. Maybe a weight limit rather than a space limit. The game concept is incredible though. It's a shame the game has been "solved" for some time now. It would be amazing if a full game like this was released so everyone is in the dark from the get-go.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Same here great game but the whole inventory/item micro management is a chore and takes you away from the meat of the game too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I love it! Still really **** at it, but love it! :D

I finally decided to try hatchling runs, and OMG how I love those, and not because of "profits". It's like a horror game without a way to defend yourself, unless you find a gun! I bring a cheap bag with me and always as I intend to extract. In 2 days I made about 1.5mil this way and leveled up a bit.

I am on tier 3 of game and will definitely upgrade to ultimate one. I don't have time to grind, so I might just buy it. Few hours grind at work is better then hundreds of hours grind in game.

Then I discovered ADAR and it's my favorite gun. Just slap Cobra sight on it and ready to go. I even manage to kill stuff with it. The recoil is manageable for my noob hands. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭Homelander

Tough as nails game. Taking me ages by trial and error to feel out how it all works, I have 30 hours in the game and still know almost nothing. Only learned the other day about the different ammo types which apparently makes a mental difference.

Homelander wrote: »
    Tough as nails game. Taking me ages by trial and error to feel out how it all works, I have 30 hours in the game and still know almost nothing. Only learned the other day about the different ammo types which apparently makes a mental difference.

I am about 30h in to. Kind of was a lurker on Tarkov Reddit, so got a good bit on theory knowledge.
    Ammo is more important then weapon. It's better to use **** weapon with expensive ammo, then expensive gun with **** ammo.
    Another one is about modding. You can mod bad weapons to be better or really good, but in a lot of cases it's better just to buy more expensive good weapon, which will do it better. The thing is, people will just loot your modded guns right away, where stock weapons are just discarded.
    I still only play customs and still learning it. At least now I spawn and know where I am and where I need to go. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

I am on my 3rd wipe with around 2k hours combined, just got the Kappa container last week ;)

EFT is just brilliant

squawker wrote: »
    I am on my 3rd wipe with around 2k hours combined, just got the Kappa container last week ;)

EFT is just brilliant

Next wipe is in 5 months I think? Sow it mentioned on Reddit. So plenty of time for me to learn the ropes better.
    I will never going to be at that level, but I can try to be less horrible at it!

• Advertisement

I will never going to be at that level, but I can try to be less horrible at it!

The best piece of advice I can give you is learn where other players spawn, then the ebb and flow of a map will then make more sense

it took me 400+ hours to get anyway confident but then it just all clicked

You will get there

• 328 hours and it's starting to lose its shine a bit. I have unlimited money due to the flea market. Since most of the game revolves around getting loot out and the intensity that brings, having unlimited money kinda breaks that. I'm doing loads of runs with thermal goggles but even losing a 3 million loadout doesn't mean that much. I think I'll drop the game soon and wait for the next wipe. All the missions I have left I don't want to do. I'd still give this game pretty much 10/10.

Unlimited money due to flea market, for those newbs getting into it could you elaborate further how you achieve this..

• Laviski wrote: »
    Unlimited money due to flea market, for those newbs getting into it could you elaborate further how you achieve this..

Finding arbitrage with the vendors. The vendors have items that you can trade other barter items for. That one item will sell for more than the barter items combined on the flea market including the market fee.

One example that was making 2mil per trade was the thicc items cases. You get a thicc items case for a task reward at around level 35. From there you can start doing the trade by selling that one. You can do it earlier if you have the money although I think you need therapist at max level. It costs around 13 million to get started. I'd get moonshine for around 220k, Whiskey for 45k and vodka for 20k. The flea market fee is around 500k. If you sell that case at 15mil, you make a profit of roughly 1.5mil. If you can get the ingredients for less than those values above, its pure profit. You can often get moonshine for closer to 200k so that's an extra 20k profit per moonshine and there's 50 of them so you can clock up a lot of extra cash. Then also if you have the booze generator, that's more profit. Rinse and repeat and you have infinite cash.

Before you try this though, it doesn't work anymore. So many people are doing this trade that it's swiped up instantly when therapist gets reset. That's the basic idea though. There are lots of other items you can do this with. If you look at the traders before they reset, check which ones are sold out, that'll give you and idea which items already provide arbitrage. I've never seen the checkpoint key not sold out for example.

**** it, pay day tomorrow, so I upgraded my game to best version. Now I have plenty of space for hoarding and 9 space secure container.
    Doing mostly hatchling runs and I know... You look down on this, but it actually really helps me with map awareness and I started to notice people before they do me.
    My hoarding got a bit out of control and I managed to steal enough to have a second med case and 3.5mil in rubbles. So now I'll try to do more hatchling runs with a weapon. If I lose it, I most likely will take out enough from raid in my secure container to cover it.

**** it, pay day tomorrow, so I upgraded my game to best version. Now I have plenty of space for hoarding and 9 space secure container.
    Doing mostly hatchling runs and I know... You look down on this, but it actually really helps me with map awareness and I started to notice people before they do me.
    My hoarding got a bit out of control and I managed to steal enough to have a second med case and 3.5mil in rubbles. So now I'll try to do more hatchling runs with a weapon. If I lose it, I most likely will take out enough from raid in my secure container to cover it.

To get the upgrade you will need to reset char. Hence will wait until closer to next wipe. Hopefully there will be a sale like for black Friday.

Laviski wrote: »
    To get the upgrade you will need to reset char. Hence will wait until closer to next wipe. Hopefully there will be a sale like for black Friday.

you just get the upgraded stash automatically and the extra gear by in-game mail, no need to wipe your progress
    Doing mostly hatchling runs and I know... You look down on this, but it actually really helps me with map awareness and I started to notice people before they do me..

Did you see the latest? you will now be "Tagged and Cursed" if you just go in with a melee weapon :pac:

https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/f38b1r/these_new_hatchling_countermeasures_are_pretty/

you just get the upgraded stash automatically and the extra gear by in-game mail, no need to wipe your progress

you get the 3x3 secure container too?
    god damm it, i had a reason to procrastinate now i have nothing

giphy.gif

nope, but a friend of mine did

I am still a standard peasant

Did you see the latest? you will now be "Tagged and Cursed" if you just go in with a melee weapon :pac:

https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/f38b1r/these_new_hatchling_countermeasures_are_pretty/

About that... I always do my runs with backpack. ( I am optimistic, okay?) And did some today too and did not have scav murder train going after me. So far on Reddit have a bit conflicted info on what actually works. Some say just even having scav vest works too.

• Advertisement

god damm it, i had a reason to procrastinate now i have nothing

giphy.gif

As said above, you get everything that comes with edition. 3x3 container included.
    I just sold all the stuff I get as I know me.... I won't use it, to afraid to lose it as I am crap.
    The extra stash size is just the best. Makes hoarding easier.

About that... I always do my runs with backpack. ( I am optimistic, okay?) And did some today too and did not have scav murder train going after me. So far on Reddit have a bit conflicted info on what actually works. Some say just even having scav vest works too.

ah right, the hatchling thing never bothered me

now player scavs spawning the same time as PMCs is a different matter :mad:

ah right, the hatchling thing never bothered me

now player scavs spawning the same time as PMCs is a different matter :mad:

So yeah, I am doing hatchling runs right now and just having 3x3 bag as an extra, which costs about 1.5k and Scavs don't bother me. Well, more then usual I mean. No scav death train.

So I want to finally expand a bit in to other maps. Clearly learning at least half added one was an a achievement. So is it bad, that I asked misses at work to print out maps I found online and put them in to nice blue folder? :)
    I even got her to print out another chart with approx prices of loot that I found on Reddit today!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Jeez. I just use a second screen for that shizzle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

So I want to finally expand a bit in to other maps. Clearly learning at least half added one was an a achievement. So is it bad, that I asked misses at work to print out maps I found online and put them in to nice blue folder? :)
    I even got her to print out another chart with approx prices of loot that I found on Reddit today!

Lad i play with done that, put them in a lamination and bound them with a ring, so he can flip through them :D

I myself just alt+tab, i know all maps inside out now and the approx cost of everything and bullet ranks.

So i wouldnt go through too much trouble, you will know it all in no time :pac:

All you need really is the tarkov wiki, good maps to get also are all the stash locations, great for building up your bank in the early game.

Jeez. I just use a second screen for that shizzle

I always had 3 monitor setups, but I went for one ultrawide and have no space for second screen on table. First world problems and all that. So I am back to paper. :)

I went for one ultrawide

Does that monitor not hurt your ability in FPS games to spot enemies?

I got a 27" and hated it, went back to a 24" as I kept missing other players with peripheral vison on the bigger monitor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Does that monitor not hurt your ability in FPS games to spot enemies?

I got a 27" and hated it, went back to a 24" as I kept missing other players with peripheral vison on the bigger monitor

Its all about the response time and refresh rate really, but yeah 24" is the preferred size for pro's. The ultra wide monitors mostly cap at 60hz which i think is the main reason fps gamers dont like them, that and also more to look at to spot enemies etc, as far as response time i think they are ok.

You can get a 24" with a high refresh rate for a decent price these days, i got a 27" awhile back with 165hz and its great. But if it broke id prob drop back down to 24" as i only read about that after the purchase.

But its only something to worry about if you're looking to take your gaming serious.

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »
    You can get a 24" with a high refresh rate for a decent price these days, i got a 27" awhile back with 165hz and its great. But if it broke id prob drop back down to 24" as i only read about that after the purchase.

Both the 27" and 24" where 144hz, couldn't go back to anything lower as it's night and day with frame smoothness, like the good old CRT days

I just felt disadvantaged with the bigger screen as my eyes were darting all over the place to cover the size of the screen

Advertisement