Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Just saw that my order at 4.10 was filled earlier which tbh I think is very good value. I've traded Aphria a few times but I think this time it can sit in the bottom drawer as I think it's well undervalued and the SP should begin to reflect it's real worth in the next year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Just bought a tiny, and I mean minuscule amount of shares in NIO to test out Degiro. I'd had an account for ages with a small amount of cash deposited. But I didn't do the verification steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭Treppen

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Just saw that my order at 4.10 was filled earlier which tbh I think is very good value. I've traded Aphria a few times but I think this time it can sit in the bottom drawer as I think it's well undervalued and the SP should begin to reflect it's real worth in the next year or two.

Bottom drawer!!! I've buried mine in the garden and will dig up in 40 years time.:pac:

Treppen wrote: »
    Bottom drawer!!! I've buried mine in the garden and will dig up in 40 years time.:pac:

Wait now, are we talking about shares or dead bodies?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Anything construction and property related taking a hiding this morning on the iseq

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Anything construction and property related taking a hiding this morning on the iseq

Yes, everything.... builders, Reits, banks :rolleyes:

Might be a buying opportunity too though as the market tends to over react. The dust will probably settle in a few days.

Nio down at 3.75ish...wonder could it be time for a reentry or have we further to fall?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Nio down at 3.75ish...wonder could it be time for a reentry or have we further to fall?

And I bought at 4.50 last week ugh. Small enough stake at least.

Anyone else still in with Virgin Galactic? Over 20$ now, probably overvalued but people seem to be still investing in it simply because it's one of the only space stocks out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Timmaay wrote: »
    And I bought at 4.50 last week ugh. Small enough stake at least.

Anyone else still in with Virgin Galactic? Over 20$ now, probably overvalued but people seem to be still investing in it simply because it's one of the only space stocks out there.
    Money coming out of weed has to go somewhere :pac:

bcklschaps wrote: »

Might be a buying opportunity too though as the market tends to over react. The dust will probably settle in a few days.

You'd think builder shares would have gone up with all the houses Mary Lou has promised.

• Advertisement

Between the Chinese new year and the virus they'll hardly have sold a car and probably can't make them either.

Between the Chinese new year and the virus they'll hardly have sold a car and probably can't make them either.

That’s the point haha, want to get back in before they return to production and price goes back on the up

On an unrelated note, lag in processing purchase orders pissing me off - put in an order for Nio at market open @3.82, goes through to “pending” immediately and then goes through for 3.92 :(
    It’s not a huge amount but annoying all the same

You'd think builder shares would have gone up with all the houses Mary Lou has promised.

If the state builds rakes of cheap houses it will drag down private house prices elsewhere... Builders & banks will make less money.

Either way ... I pulled the trigger today for what I hope is some bottom feeding on the ISEQ... builders and Banks :pac:

If the state builds rakes of cheap houses it will drag down private house prices elsewhere... Builders & banks will make less money.

Either way ... I pulled the trigger today for what I hope is some bottom feeding on the ISEQ... builders and Banks :pac:

I was thinking along the lines that the market knows SF is full of hot air and won't build the half of it!

I was thinking along the lines that the market knows SF is full of hot air and won't build the half of it!

That's my thinking precisely Bob. The market will probably realise that too eventually and hopefully sp's of Irish property related stocks will recover after the recent sell off.... earning me a nice profit ��

Cairn homes already up 3% today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,380 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Sounds like when they said Trump would kill the US shares

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

PAVM up approx 20% today
    been doing well so far in 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭letitroll

If SF wanna build homes, they’ll need building firms to do it......Glenveagh has a specific division ‘Glenveagh Living’ designed to specifically to do this.......I.e. master plan and build homes on spec on public lands for housing authorities, councils or pension funds / asset management companies.

SF public housing program would be a boom for them - its a much better business and less capital intensive to provide master planning and building services than speculate on land, buy it, go through planning process and then build and sell it yourself.

Buying GLV as whatever way you slice they will be Ireland’s dominant (3,000 + at full scale) and lowest cost producer of starter homes in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

...How much thought are people giving to the coronavirus when picking their stocks...What is the best way to gauge the impact it could have...I know we can look at revenue, production locations, are there any other factors worth noting?... Also, FEC looks like it going after the big tech companies, wonder what kinda affect it will have on the FAANG stocks...

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭themossinator

...How much thought are people giving to the coronavirus when picking their stocks...What is the best way to gauge the impact it could have...I know we can look at revenue, production locations, are there any other factors worth noting?... Also, FEC looks like it going after the big tech companies, wonder what kinda affect it will have on the FAANG stocks...

I would wait until March and see where things are, also keep an eye on the VIX (volatility index), if it looks like it’s going up then stocks will drop as they’re inversely correlated at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭littlevillage

In these days of Coronavirus hysteria is anybody keeping an eye on drug trials/genome research companies ?

“During the gold rush its a good time to be in the pick and shovel business” ― Mark Twain

I like Open Orphan (ORPH : AIM) ? ... they are a drug trials/genome research company that have recently doubled in size as a result of a merger, and gained a potential block buster flu vaccine drug in the process.

CEO Cathal Friel seems to be a serious deal maker who talks a great game and he is making no secret of the fact that its going up for sale once the combined entity is profitable.... somewhere in next 12 months. (he owns a stack of the equity himself and is locked in for 3 years).

SP has actually slipped a few % this week so far... soo might be a buying opportunity.

Disclaimer : This is still a small London AIM listed company soo ....DYOR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Nice tip... got in yesterday and out today for a free days wages :D

Sunpower doing bits for me, long may it continue

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Decent start again today from PAVM

APPS Digital Turbines +12% need this one to recover from its recent dip

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,072 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    APPS Digital Turbines +12% need this one to recover from its recent dip

What's their dividend like?

beertons wrote: »
    What's their dividend like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Out of curiosity what app / service are you guys using to buy shares?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Thanks

Degiro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Thanks

Davy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

JD looking at new heights. Hope people filled their boots

Advertisement