Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

I'm using NordVPN but just can't get onto the Turkish site. It keeps offering me prices in USD. What am I doing wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Using Nord VPN

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Using Nord VPN

Getflix VPN also not working. Amy recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Brian017 wrote: »
    Yeah I got refunded €61.40 in total. I spoke to live chat and she said I was refunded and unsubbed due to suspicious activity on my account and ALL payment methods that I tried to use were red flagged. So it seems like they are trying to close the net on this

Makes no sense for them to refund for services that have already been used?
    Would have thought they would just suspend the account from that day that they discovered the "suspicious activity" on it?
    She advised to leave it a while and to sub with a totally new card or just use gift cards.

Fair dues to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭madmaxvideo

I'm trying to do this but can't seem to find Turkish lira gift card how did you manage to get it?
    Going by Netflix it must be the same currency as payment currency from what I can tell.

I just used the VPN and searched for Netflix gift card. Only downside is you pay more for a less value card, ie: I payed 54.90 try tr for a 50 tyrtr gift card, others were 150 try ty for a 100 try tr card, not sure but maybe this is the norm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭coolbreeze01

The reason I was trying the gift card was because I can't get my payment method approved, I even signed up to Revolut.
    Am I making the mistake of trying to create a new account from Turkey, should I sign up with an Irish account, cancel it and then resubscribe with vpn in a months time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Revolut won't work so forget that.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭madmaxvideo

OmegaGene wrote: »
    How else are the company going to make money on selling the gift cards, some companies charge 50% on top
    The only other option is to get some in Turkey but it’s a bit far

Normally in most EU countries if I buy a gift card for say €25, the credit on that card is €25, the retail shop will then get a commission on the sale of that gift card. In other countries there is a markup on these cards as the commission offered is too low for a retailer, therefore the extra charge. I am pointing this out just so other people know they will pay a little extra on Turkish gift cards, again only for info purposes. But thanks for the constructive input into the forum.

Make a cup of tea or coffee and sit down for a few minutes and read the thread

I've read it in particular the first post.

I've tried setting it up with the vpn recommended in the first post but keep getting the message "there appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use"
    I've tried differed cards and it says that for them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭FluffPiece

All the info is in the thread, Revolut doesn’t work anymore and your account has probably been flagged for using multiple payment cards so leave it 24 hours and try again

I've just done it yesterday with Revolut and no issues at all. Now mind you, I'm half expecting it to be cancelled at some stage in the future but it allowed me to re-sub yesterday with Revolut.

For anyone interested, I just followed all the info in the first post of the thread. It's all in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭bootser

FWIW, just signed up a mate today using his expired account and the tor browser set to turkey. He had his payment already set up on the account previously and is just using an irish card. All told took about 15mins and only took that long 'cos tor browser runs so slow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

I've been trying to sign the brother in law up using all the methods, different cards different email addresses but keeps saying problem with payment method. It won't even let him sign up for irish sub.
    I have a turkish sub no problem.

All the info is in the thread, Revolut doesn’t work anymore and your account has probably been flagged for using multiple payment cards so leave it 24 hours and try again

I signed up for an Irish account and have it cancelled so move to Turkey in a month to get it sorted ;).

It did ask me for mobile number for account so I've that out of the way.

Thanks for assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Kav_Piero

Just re-subbed today with Netflix Argentina via the Tor method, used my original card details with no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Revolut cars expired now I can't change to my new revolut card using a VPN. Damn you Netflix! Will try again in 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Without activating a gift card, is there any way to see if a movie (Das Boot) is currently offered on Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Without activating a gift card, is there any way to see if a movie (Das Boot) is currently offered on Netflix?

Just had a look there and not on the Irish Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Thanks much PurplePrincess! Appreciate you checking! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

https://www.justwatch.com/ie

This website is handy to see what is available across a range of streaming services...

24 hours later and I still can't sign back up with a new card.

I'll try from scratch with a brand new account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,374 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If you want to check what is on any of the streaming sites available in Ireland tey this.

https://www.justwatch.com/ie/movies/new?providers=prv,nfx

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

So long since i did this I can't remeber.

My friend has signed up last month in Czech on netflix Czech a month ago. Its up on the 12th . Do need to wait until it expires or can we cancel and try Turkey now?

paska wrote: »
    So long since i did this I can't remeber.

My friend has signed up last month in Czech on netflix Czech a month ago. Its up on the 12th . Do need to wait until it expires or can we cancel and try Turkey now?

Cancel now, but wait until it expires (on the 12th) before signing back up...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Anyone have any space ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Just an FYI, if you use the tor method, log in on your device and change your password. I had two unauthorised logins during the night. One from Ireland and one from Texas, USA. Also don't forget to check the box, make all devices require the new password.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

So is this option over now essentially?
    I tried to creat an account using Tukish and Argentinian VPN but it said there was a problem with payment method. Anyway around this?

I tried to creat an account using Tukish and Argentinian VPN but it said there was a problem with payment method. Anyway around this?

Appears so for me at least. Back to free movie also with a real debrid account for me.

Netflix are either getting €6 per month or nothing from me lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Still works perfectly. Just some people want to do it without reading how.

Create an account in Ireland for 1 month, ensure your payment details are already added. Cancel, then switch to abroad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

dulpit wrote: »
    Create an account in Ireland for 1 month, ensure your payment details are already added. Cancel, then switch to abroad.

Do I cancel straight away or at end of the month?

Advertisement