Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Hi.Quick question.
    Forgot to top up my Revolut after paying bills last night and payment failed for Netflix.Will they try again within 24h to charge same Revilut card or I will have to go through all VPN process again and add new card.Didnt get any email from them as of now.Happened first time since I have Turkish Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Hi.Quick question.
    Forgot to top up my Revolut after paying bills last night and payment failed for Netflix.Will they try again within 24h to charge same Revilut card or I will have to go through all VPN process again and add new card.Didnt get any email from them as of now.Happened first time since I have Turkish Netflix

They will try charge the same card. no need to connect to the VPN again. It's only required for initial sign up to billing.

They will try charge the same card. no need to connect to the VPN again. It's only required for initial sign up to billing.

Thanks.I had 40.79 Turkish lira and had 5.50euro on euro wallet.Pity Revolut couldnt add 2 wallets together to make up correct amount.Oh well.Lesson learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

It's a limitation of Revolut, well not really a limitation but kinda by design, imagine the amount of customer service requests it would create. better to just decline the payment and alert the user to top up their Lira wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Do I cancel straight away or at end of the month?

Cancel now, then the service will continue until the end of the month. You then need to take next steps after the service stops.

• Advertisement

Thanks.I had 40.79 Turkish lira and had 5.50euro on euro wallet.Pity Revolut couldnt add 2 wallets together to make up correct amount.Oh well.Lesson learned.
    Netflix just charged me 41.99 lira exactly after 12h of 1st failed payment.All good

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

post #2596
    "Download tor, install and run once. Browse to the location where windows installed tor. Find the file torcc and open with notepad. Add the line exitnodes {ar} and save. Open tor and go to Netflix and log in using your details. 're start your sub and your set"

hoping it works for me next month

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The Dark Knight

Not sure why you have a lira wallet. Only useful if you want to lock in an exchange rate. Cleaner just to have euro wallet and it will take from there at todays exchange rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I don't know about the OP, but I use revolt as a means to control my spending money so to be able to put my non-euro bills into a different wallet means I know exactly how much spending money I have at any given time (my euro bills are either paid immediately for the month when I'm paid or stay in my Irish account if it's a direct debit/standing order on an account I can't make card payments on, like my rent or health insurance)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Netflix have closed my account and refunded me again :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chrismcc409

My revolut card expired so I just set up a new one but got cancelled after 2 weeks and I got a refund so I tried to re activate which worked. The price plan said 41.99 trl but the hit my card for 15.99 euro. The account lasted about 5 minutes and was then on hold with no cancellation email but whatever wierd way I did it I was refunded 41.98 trl despite being charged in euro. Maybe its their equivalent of this thread. Charge in Euros, cancel account and refund in lira

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

Revolut card charged 29.99 TRL overnight €4.58.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cynosure1023

Cant seem to get Revolut working from Turkey, error nessage “There seems to be an issue with the payment method you are using”. Anything I am doing wrong? Any advise be appreciated. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Cant seem to get Revolut working from Turkey, error nessage “There seems to be an issue with the payment method you are using”. Anything I am doing wrong? Any advise be appreciated. Thanks

Revolut seems to have stopped working for anybody who's trying to add it as a new payment method. People who have been using it all along seem to be getting on okay, but have to switch to a regular Irish card when the Revolut card expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

My mate from a country in Europe outside Ireland signed up last month with revolut. He cancelled his account when the month expired and then I set him up using a VPN from Ireland. He is now using it in his home country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Tried signing up using Express VPN which gets me in to Netflix Argentina but I cannot purchase a sub as it keeps telling me there's a problem with my payment method- trying to use my AIB and BOI card

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Tried signing up using Express VPN which gets me in to Netflix Argentina but I cannot purchase a sub as it keeps telling me there's a problem with my payment method- trying to use my AIB and BOI card

are you signing up for the first time? Did you take the trial?

paska wrote: »
    are you signing up for the first time? Did you take the trial?

Yeah. It’s for a family member. I registered a new email because I had trouble signing up using an email address I’d used in the past. They cancelled their own one within the last two months so would have had their own account before I’d that makes any difference

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭newincity

The trial has expired in Ireland now. I tried to create an account yesterday and found they have stopped giving free trial now. So I ended up creating an account in Austria as they are still offering trial. I used my N26 card for it.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

newincity wrote: »
    The trial has expired in Ireland now. I tried to create an account yesterday and found they have stopped giving free trial now. So I ended up creating an account in Austria as they are still offering trial. I used my N26 card for it.

The email address you were trying to set up the account with, have you used that email address before for a Netflix account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

This is quite specific.

But I had to delete the revolut card I was using for Turkish Netflix and change to another one. I thought the gravy train was finally over because I kept getting declined.

I decided to change support in the live chat. For whatever reason they were able to accept my card, netflix charged me a few Turkish Lira and the game is back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

newincity wrote: »

Problem is they ask for an Austrian mobile number to verify after you put in your payment details.

How did you manage to get around that?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭w4ntedman

Doge wrote: »
    Problem is they ask for an Austrian mobile number to verify after you put in your payment details.

How did you manage to get around that?

I haven't tried this as mine is still working fine but

http://www.smscodes.io/in/turkey.html

This might be a runner for people needing to verify by text.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Anyone any suggestions for when Netflix just randomly cancel your subscription and refund you!? Is live chat worth trying? I was paying through Argentina

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

My Argentinian price is being increased to €4.63. Rip off. LOL

Can someone recommend a VPN for Argentina? I’ve tried Express VPN but it doesn’t work and neither does Hola.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 SLyn9745

Got the Turkish Netflix UHD 4 screens today for 41.99 lira/ €6.82 using this extension for the chrome browser and my existing my Revolut Visa card that expired on my Netflix account from previous membership.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hide-my-ip-vpn/keodbianoliadkoelloecbhllnpiocoi

create a free account / fake email, and they give you a free 2 days of VIP to use the Turkish Vpn (Istanbul) - turn it on
    Search Netflix on google, give you the Turkish Netflix and you login like normal and it offered the prices in Lira and paid using the Revolut card.
    It asked to confirm my existing Irish mobile number on the account is still valid (no text needed) and all working now!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cynosure1023

Revolut card is not working anymore Slyn9745. My card expired and incant renew the membership now.

Did your Revolut card (MasterCard or Visa ) expiry or your Netflix account?

I tried it before and it didn't work till today. If it's the card, you will probably need to register a new Revolt card (a free virtual one should work) to your Netflix and subscribe to a plan again on the Irish Netflix for the month (I chose the cheapest one) and cancel it so it that it doesn't renew and then when your account has expired, restart it, doing what I said in post above and it should work.

• Advertisement

SLyn9745 wrote: »
    Did your Revolut card (MasterCard or Visa ) expiry or your Netflix account?

I tried it before and it didn't work till today. If it's the card, you will probably need to register a new Revolt card (a free virtual one should work) to your Netflix and subscribe to a plan again on the Irish Netflix for the month (I chose the cheapest one) and cancel it so it that it doesn't renew and then when your account was expired, restart it, doing what I said in post above and it should work.

This is the screenshot from Revolut

Advertisement