Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

Had anyone had their revolut card expire? Mine out in may, been running Turkish sub for over 2 years with no problems. Wondering if this has happened anyone else lately with Netflix not accepting new revolut subs

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭CFC007

Just signed up using Hola VPN using an expired Irish account. No issues in using the Revolut card on file.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Would n26 work better than revolut for this. My sub has expired and want to go down this route

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Anything other than revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭pj12332

Newbie to this guys. Don't have revolut. Just Irish card at moment. Can anyone run me through how to set this up. I would appreciate it a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭ThePott

Doesn't necessarily seem to work for everyone judging by some comments here but here's what worked for me.
    1) Make sure your payment method is set to a card not paypal
    2) Cancel your membership and let it run out
    3) Use your VPN to sign back up in another country. When you restart your account it should take whatever method of payment you had before.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Can anyone recommend a VPN to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

ThePott wrote: »
    Doesn't necessarily seem to work for everyone judging by some comments here but here's what worked for me.
    1) Make sure your payment method is set to a card not paypal
    2) Cancel your membership and let it run out
    3) Use your VPN to sign back up in another country. When you restart your account it should take whatever method of payment you had before.

damm, i had setup to pay by bank transfer. Netflix not taking my cards (irish master card and transferwise mastercard) so i switched to paypal .

Was anyone able to get turkish or cheap netflix after letting their subscription run out and use paypal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭Brian017

My Netflix sub expired as I hadn't enough in my Revolut account. Topped up Revolut and still said there's a problem with my payment method. Won't even accept my Irish card. Any ideas?

Just 're subbed using the tor method, used Argentina and was charged €4.05 for standard...happy days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Brian017 wrote: »
    My Netflix sub expired as I hadn't enough in my Revolut account. Topped up Revolut and still said there's a problem with my payment method. Won't even accept my Irish card. Any ideas?

Cancel and re sign up.

Worked for me last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Joe_Soap

Hmm, i'm using surfshark for connection to turkey and i'm getting plan prices in $, for example $15.99 for premium...erm, anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

Redriddick wrote: »
    Just 're subbed using the tor method, used Argentina and was charged €4.05 for standard...happy days

could you explain in more detail how u resubbed using Tor please ? specifically tor

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

could you explain in more detail how u resubbed using Tor please ? specifically tor

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057802168/50/#post110498236

Follow these steps. {in} will be India, seemingly Argentina is cheaper now, so use {ar} instead

Download tor, install and run once. Browse to the location where windows installed tor. Find the file torcc and open with notepad. Add the line exitnodes {ar} and save. Open tor and go to Netflix and log in using your details. 're start your sub and your set

Got an email from Netflix this morning with the heading "Credit where credit is due", saying they were crediting my card with my Jan 19th payment. I logged on to my Netflix account to find they had unsubbed me. Tried my Revolut cards and my own cards with no joy, even with the Tor method. It seems like they are clamping down on Revolut cards and cards that don't match the region you're subbing to. Was nice while it lasted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Got an email from Netflix this morning with the heading "Credit where credit is due", saying they were crediting my card with my Jan 19th payment. I logged on to my Netflix account to find they had unsubbed me. Tried my Revolut cards and my own cards with no joy, even with the Tor method. It seems like they are clamping down on Revolut cards and cards that don't match the region you're subbing to. Was nice while it lasted!

How long had you been subbed to Turkish Netflix via revolut?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

This literally just happened today , pay via Argentina and when logged in I was asked to pick a plan in € ...... I had a payment taken last week of €5.

Anyway I used the VPN method and got it sorted but had to pay again , this time €6.77

This is my N26 card so not revolut

glic83 wrote: »
    How long had you been subbed to Turkish Netflix via revolut?

Since around June 2018 I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

I just subscribed in Columbia with an Irish credit card worked fine for now. I assume you can just use gift cards to pay instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Sure Thing

I also received this credit where credit is due email, and found myself unsubbed too. The weird thing is they credited back the last 8 months of my normal € 10.98 sub as well as my Turkish sub which had just gone through for the 1st time last week. Happy days,lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

The jig is up it would appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭FluffPiece

hopefully not, I've just re-signed up to Argentina 5 mins ago.

It went through and the Revolut card is not due to expire until 2024. Will wait and see I guess

Sure Thing wrote: »
    I also received this credit where credit is due email, and found myself unsubbed too. The weird thing is they credited back the last 8 months of my normal € 10.98 sub as well as my Turkish sub which had just gone through for the 1st time last week. Happy days,lol

Yeah I got refunded €61.40 in total. I spoke to live chat and she said I was refunded and unsubbed due to suspicious activity on my account and ALL payment methods that I tried to use were red flagged. She advised to leave it a while and to sub with a totally new card or just use gift cards. So it seems like they are trying to close the net on this

• Registered Users Posts: 51,185 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Mine is still working but I'm subscribed through Turkey for over 12 months now. My last payment was reverted on Revolut but got a message from Revolut a day later saying the problem was at their end and payment would be taken again which it was. No interruption to service during this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Brian017 wrote:
    Yeah I got refunded €61.40 in total. I spoke to live chat and she said I was refunded and unsubbed due to suspicious activity on my account and ALL payment methods that I tried to use were red flagged. She advised to leave it a while and to sub with a totally new card or just use gift cards. So it seems like they are trying to close the net on this

Was she recommending a whole new account or just a new card on your current account?

I wouldn't mind if I had to go back to paying irish prices but would be drama (to others using the account) to lose my account.

Was she recommending a whole new account or just a new card on your current account?

I wouldn't mind if I had to go back to paying irish prices but would be drama (to others using the account) to lose my account.

Just a new card that I hadn't used on the account before

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭madmaxvideo

Anyone know if a euro Netflix gift cards would work on the Turkish sub? Since my Revolut card has expired none of my cards have worked since, that was two weeks ago. I purchased a Turkish Lira gift card but had some issues applying it, eventually got it to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Anyone know if a euro Netflix gift cards would work on the Turkish sub? Since my Revolut card has expired none of my cards have worked since, that was two weeks ago. I purchased a Turkish Lira gift card but had some issues applying it, eventually got it to work.

On their site it says: "You can use a gift card purchased in a different country as long as the gift card is for the same currency as your Netflix bill."

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/32950

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭coolbreeze01

I'm trying to do this but can't seem to find Turkish lira gift card how did you manage to get it?
    Going by Netflix it must be the same currency as payment currency from what I can tell.

Advertisement