Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 SkryneRed

There is a new yearly subscription for India which cost 4799 indian rupees (€61 by today conversion).

That make about €5 a month for 4 screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Did you jump ship? It's tempting at that price but I'm half afraid to rock the boat with Turkey at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

SkryneRed wrote: »
    There is a new yearly subscription for India which costs 4799 Indian rupees (€61 by today conversion).

That makes about €5 a month for 4 screens.

My youtube premium is in India! Might as well move my Netflix:)

5500 wrote: »
    Did you jump ship? It's tempting at that price but I'm half afraid to rock the boat with Turkey at the moment

I cancelled my turkey Netflix now and waiting for it to expire this coming 20th. Then will try to go for that yearly subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Anyone got space for 1 on a family plan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭cletus

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    Anyone got space for 1 on a family plan?

An entire plan all to yourself is about €4 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

jarvis wrote: »
    Not sure who you’re asking but I pay via visa debit.

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Quick one lads.

They tried to take payment yesterday and I had no money in my Revolut. The emailed me saying "We'll try again but you may want to update your payment details".

I've been using the Revolut method since before they blocked it. Has this happened to anyone? Does it take them long to "try again"? Will they try at all? I'm afraid to update my details in case I get blocked altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

OmegaGene wrote: »
    They will try 24 hours after the first attempt normally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭6541

I am also in the market for 1 account if anyone wants to share ! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Didn't give me that option yesterday but worked when I logged in right now.

Nice one!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Payment was taken from my Revolut account on Saturday without any issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Micheal_J

I followed the steps signed up to netflix with revolut card got the free month, then cancelled it and let it lapse. I used Nord VPN to set my location to Buenos Aires and tried to reignite my account. Netflix is asking for "Billing post code" and will only accept an Argentinian post code and my revolut card will only work with my irish billing address? Any suggestions how to get around this? - thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

I'm having an issue now signing up using hola VPN in Columbia. Used revolut and and Irish card. It keeps saying "there appears to be a problem With your payment method". Tired an existing and new account. Not sure if Netflix is blocking hola VPN. Are there other VPN,s people are using with a trial and good server availablity?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

Ok so I have setup at least 9 accounts from friends and colleagues in work.

The only way I could get the last account to work was the following

1)It must be an existing IRISH account.
    2)The existing Irish account must have the card you want to use in Turkey already active, and importantly already have at least ONE month's payment taken from the card
    3) the existing account must have at least your mobile number registered to the account

Once those parameters are there, it worked for me yesterday using a Turkish VPN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

irishguy wrote: »
    I'm having an issue now signing up using hola VPN in Columbia. Used revolut and and Irish card. It keeps saying "there appears to be a problem With your payment method". Tired an existing and new account. Not sure if Netflix is blocking hola VPN. Are there other VPN,s people are using with a trial and good server availablity?

Used Hola yesterday when doing it for a relation. Worked perfectly. Why do people insist on using revolut? Is it just to save a few more cents on the exchange? Ditch revolut.

Netflix are not blocking hola vpn and Revolut is working fine too

They blocked my account for some reason which they couldn't explain, they also appear to have blocked my IP as I tried a new account also. They said "it might work in 22hrs if not try in another 22hrs", not the most helpful customer services.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭cletus

What are people saying to customer service when they ring? "Hey, I'm trying to fück your system over, and I can't get it to work, could you be of some assistance"?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

irishguy wrote:
    They blocked my account for some reason which they couldn't explain, they also appear to have blocked my IP as I tried a new account also. They said "it might work in 22hrs if not try in another 22hrs", not the most helpful customer services.

The fact that you contacted customer services about trying to avoid paying full price for their services speaks volumes about your abilities. Stick to paying the Irish price, don't ruin it for everyone else.

RossieMan wrote: »
    The fact that you contacted customer services about trying to avoid paying full price for their services speaks volumes about your abilities. Stick to paying the Irish price, don't ruin it for everyone else.

I contacted customer services about my Irish account trying to renew with a new Irish card, as the one on the account had expired. Which it was blocking me from doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

There does not seem any longer to be the option for a month's free trial?

seligehgit wrote: »
    There does not seem any longer to be the option for a month's free trial?

Yes, Netflix seems to remove the option of free trial for a few countries.

Has anyone tried signing up to the one year sub in India? I don’t see it as an option when I log in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Has anyone tried signing up to the one year sub in India? I don’t see it as an option when I log in there.

It's almost €10 per month with an Indian sub.

McMurphy wrote: »
    It's almost €10 per month with an Indian sub.

Yeah but they’re trialing a year long sub that works out at €60 for 4 screen UHD option

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

See post 2512 for India’s yearly subscription prices it’s not €10- month
    Yeah but they’re trialing a year long sub that works out at €60 for 4 screen UHD option

Where though?

Don't see it on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

my one month trial is up on the 6th of jan. can someone tell me what i need to do to get a cheap sub or tell me what post i need to read. do i cancel my sub now ? a quick summary would be appreciated. thanks

Where though?

Ah now you’ve caught up. That was my original question!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Where though?

Trial looks to be random for new and existing users, so I guess we just need to wait and see if it becomes a formal thing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 the1eyedsnake

When i use a vpn to switch me to Argentina and i log into netflix, it only allows me to pay in US Dollar prices?
    it wont allow me to pay in pesos??

Advertisement