Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Football League 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,710 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

You only see that sh1te in the gaa. Play on and give the losing time to equalise. You see it at all grades and levels . Why bother with a watch at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭mattser

Lets see how much coldrick adds on in this half. Should be about 5 or 6 again.

II don't think it was Coldrick reffing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭eigrod

Happy4all wrote: »
    the game was stopped for most of the 6 minutes. not playing extra would have been wrong.

It really wasn’t. 90 seconds/2 mins max

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Because the refs do their best to win them games?

9 minutes extra played despite 6 being announced. That's a joke.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah they really need the help of referees. Despite all Monaghan's time wasting they couldn't keep the lid on a 9 point lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

In fairness - Monaghan probably wasted 3 mins of the injury time by going down and taking time over frees.
    6 mins is a minimum and not a max

Funny how Monaghan wasted exactly enough time for Dublin to equalise. Mad that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

After seeing that the only solution is timekeeping the way the ladies football do it. There would be no arguments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Lads, there was additional mins added in extra time in the Dublin v Kerry drawn game, as POG said its a minimum not a fixed gig of additional mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

I dunno. AIQF 2015... Kerry 7-16 Kildare 0-10 was pretty abject

That was against kerry not armagh with 14 men

STB. wrote: »
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah they really need the help of referees. Despite all Monaghan's time wasting they couldn't keep the lid on a 9 point lead.

Evidently they do. Despite Monaghan's collapse they still needed a helping hand.

Ah yes, what is it about the GAA ref and his love of getting a drawn game (even when its the league....).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭munster87

physioman wrote: »
    After seeing that the only solution is timekeeping the way the ladies football do it. There would be no arguments.

Exactly this, solves sin bin time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,176 ✭✭✭✭km79

Some team
    Never beat

Monaghan trying time waste time soccer style in the corner was funny ......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭mattser

Just like the Dublin Kerry game, exact same
    cjmc wrote: »
    You only see that sh1te in the gaa. Play on and give the losing time to equalise. You see it at all grades and levels . Why bother with a watch at all.

Monaghan have only themselves to blame. Same as Kerry in the drawn game. Pricking around with the ball and losing possession. They did their share of time wasting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

eigrod wrote: »
    It really wasn’t. 90 seconds/2 mins max

It was, 2 minutes from the Bulger score on 71. Probably a minute extra minimum waiting for Beggan to come up, add the injury on top of that.

The extra time was totally valid, just as it was for the Kerry equaliser Vs Dublin.

The advantage on the other hand, I can only assume he thought it was a serious injury

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Funny how Monaghan wasted exactly enough time for Dublin to equalise. Mad that.

I didnt bother to time how much was wasted but there was a fair bit - watch it back sure and get the stopwatch out.

All I'm saying is there was an awful lot of time wasting and if I was the team that was losing by a point with all the time wasting going on then I'd have been fairly p*ssed if ref didnt play a bit more than the 6 that he had flagged as a minimum

Evidently they do. Despite Monaghan's collapse they still needed a helping hand.

9 points down Dublin were...

Like I said, I'm laughing at you. hahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

a lot of people seem very angry that Dublin didn't lose a march that they were treating as training practice. They need to get a life and lose the small mindedness

• Registered Users Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭threeball

cjmc wrote: »

When i saw the fcukin eejit call back play and Monaghan through two on one I knew what was in the offing. Corruption at its best

I didnt bother to time how much was wasted but there was a fair bit - watch it back sure and get the stopwatch out.

All I'm saying is there was an awful lot of time wasting and if I was the team that was losing by a point with all the time wasting going on then I'd have been fairly p*ssed if ref didnt play a bit more than the 6 that he had flagged as a minimum

There was time wasting surely. If another minute or two were played that would be fair enough, but to play 3 whole minutes extra then blow up as soon as Dublin equalise? That's taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,606 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

@Poor_old_Gill

9 Point..... its all over they said.

That's why they have 5 All Ireland's in a row.

Monaghan were 1/25 just before FT.

Referee: "Hold my beer!

Sorry, I mean betting slip."

• Advertisement

9 points down Dublin were...

Like I said, I'm laughing at you. hahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

All right Yoda.

Laugh away, I'm not the one whos team needed the refs help to draw at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Monaghan through on goal but the ref forgets there's an advantage rule. That number 9 when he got called for steps in close to goal when he did the spin took about 6 steps. James Mccarthy takes 8 and he gives a free in for a foul after he's over carried. The ref conveniently adds just enough time for an equaliser.

Teams like monaghan will get hammered by Dublin when they peak in the summer. Their only chance of beating them is now. Shame to see they can't get a fair crack at it. Same old same old.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭munster87

Still, 1 in 4 for Dessie. Can only improve from here. :D

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Monaghan through on goal but the ref forgets there's an advantage rule. That number 9 when he got called for steps in close to goal when he did the spin took about 6 steps. James Mccarthy takes 8 and he gives a free in for a foul after he's over carried. The ref conveniently adds just enough time for an equaliser.

Teams like monaghan will get hammered by Dublin when they peak in the summer. Their only chance of beating them is now. Shame to see they can't get a fair crack at it. Same old same old.

Yep. It's a right kick in the balls. IDK, maybe it might motivate them more. I'd be well P1$$€d off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

There was time wasting surely. If another minute or two were played that would be fair enough, but to play 3 whole minutes extra then blow up as soon as Dublin equalise? That's taking the piss.

Look as I said - I didnt time it but I'm not shocked he added on a big chunk.

I wanted Dublin to lose (look back through nearly all my posts on boards!!) but if the shoe had been on the other foot and my team was in that position then I'd be raging with the ref not adding minutes to originally flagged 6 mins and he does have discretion to do so.

I'm of the opinion that he used the discretion correctly tonight.

If you wanna go a little further then I would say that the ref gave Monaghan a good few soft frees so swings and roundabouts, etc

Happy4all wrote: »
    a lot of people seem very angry that Dublin didn't lose a march that they were treating as training practice. They need to get a life and lose the small mindedness

It's only February. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Dublin could have won if only the ref played on til they got ahead.

All right Yoda.

Laugh away, I'm not the one whos team needed the refs help to draw at home.

Yoda eh.

I'm laughing even more now that I see that it took you 10 years to post in the GAA forum.

Yoda eh.

I'm laughing even more now that I see that it took you 10 years to post in the GAA forum.

Didnt realise it was a members only club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Not sure where the 10 minutes of injury time came from to allow Dublin grab a draw. Monaghan so close to beating the Dubs for a 3rd year in a row.

Armagh very impressive in tonight's other game. They should gain promotion to Division 1 but anyones guess who will join them.

Advertisement