Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Ciara - Reports/Chat/Non Technical

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

pad199207 wrote: »

Lol HORRIFIC!?? Really??? Jesus lads I live mear Naas and its hardly what I’d call HORRIFIC!

Its what a bad day outside used to be before we started to name every fart coming off the Atlantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,184 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

North Donegal and got to say I'm surprised this morning as it's not as bad as I was expecting.

Yes it's windy, with some strong gusts, but nothing too bad. Had a lot worse.

The rain was the main issue over the last 24 hrs. The fields are showing water where they never had before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

We have wind and rain in Wexford town but nothing which i would describe as worthy of an orange warning.

Agree about the video posted and the wording used, absolute sensationalism at it's finest.

The warnings and over hyping of events is getting out of control. I know of someone who was meant to go from Wexford to Carlow yesterday and did not because they had heard and read about the warnings. I know myself how stupid people can be about actually reading what the warning says but i think the problem is the amount of warnings for what turns out to be non events is getting out of hand. How did we ever survive years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,140 ✭✭✭pad199207

Fantastic skies over Kildare now.

3-C2-F6180-1547-4-CD9-9-D57-E1157-C64-CF08.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

NIMAN wrote: »
    North Donegal and got to say I'm surprised this morning as it's not as bad as I was expecting.

Yes it's windy, with some strong gusts, but nothing too bad. Had a lot worse.

The rain was the main issue over the last 24 hrs. The fields are showing water where they never had before.
    Same in south mayo
    Expected to be woken during the night with the winds and have no electricity when I woke up
    Just a wet and windy night here
    Yesterday was worse .......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

• Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Rain is absolutely BIBLICAL in cork city right now

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

Big squall just crossed N80 outside Carlow, out near Fighting Cocks pub on Wexford side. Winds ramped up bigtime, torrential rain, poor visibility.

Ok sky tv keeps cutting out

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

leahyl wrote: »
    Rain is absolutely BIBLICAL in cork city right now

Tell me about , my gate to my house is after breaking and I have Notting to tie it to !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

My satellite dish ain't gonna survive this

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

An hour ago it was torrential on the east coast, now partial blue sky and wind right down. As quickly as she arrived she left!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

It's the end of the world.

I've never heard anything like the rain this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Interslice wrote: »

Whats the significance of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,140 ✭✭✭pad199207

27mm of rainfall with that squall at Punchestown Racecourse according to the course clerk. Racing all off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

adox wrote: »
    I'm in North Dublin and it's been relatively calm so far. The odd gust but nothing severe yet.

I know it's early enough for the event on the East cost but it's not even yellow territory here at the moment. Surprised to read the above post about it being red territory in North Dublin.

I'm a very light sleeper. We have a noisy house where wind is concerned and last night was uneventful thankfully.

Maybe you were roofied? I too am in the same area and it was absolutely wild, noisiest night we've had in years, sky lights were sounding like we had drummers on our roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Hurrache wrote: »
    Maybe you were roofied? I too am in the same area and it was absolutely wild, noisiest night we've had in years, sky lights were sounding like we had drummers on our roof.
    I always feel left out when people have eye witness reports on the wildness of nature! The odd splash of rain on the window my sleep was fairly undisturbed!

Not that bad at all in Meath.
    I tend to keep an eye on the warnings but generally completely ignore yellow and would be only a bit more cautious for orange. Only Red is really worth sitting up for.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,184 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Must have saved a fortune on fuel too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Until the plane has to fly back to JFK!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I see blue sky

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Rain and wind have finally calmed down in Cork. Are we done for the day now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

Rain stopped and sun shining here on the kildare/Laois border still a few strong gusts about and plenty of surface water.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I slept thru the storm but some decent gusts earlier this morning;

Mace Head (7am) = 126 km/h
    Valentia (9am) = 115 km/h

Certainly no more than an Orange. A Yellow outside the west coast would have sufficed. Nothing over 100 km/h east of Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭crushproof

Haha record missed, its been diverted to Copenhagen because of the weather in London!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Ennis
    t82OYN4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

m17 wrote: »
    Ennis
    t82OYN4.jpg

Strange bit of luck there.

Getting dark in cork city again - another heavy shower incoming I’d say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2