Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Ciara - Reports/Chat/Non Technical

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Wild wind in Tramore 🀯

Can barely hear a breath where I am. Has it passed over already? I’ve to drive accrues the country and back this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭gifted

Very windy here in oranmore in galway hence I'm up do early, bloody shed door blown open and banging.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Can barely hear a breath where I am. Has it passed over already? I’ve to drive accrues the country and back this morning.

Where are you please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Incredibly intense rain here in South Tipp and strong gusts. Easily the worst night I’ve experienced in a very long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

gifted wrote: »
    Very windy here in oranmore in galway hence I'm up do early, bloody shed door blown open and banging.

Ouch! There are 2 ruinous sheds here but the door on one is long gone. The range of sound effects is amazing.. shrill whistles, screams, bangs, the entire wind orchestra in full cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Ear plugs fell out during the night. Thunder woke me with wind and rain pounding against the window.

Glad its Sunday and not Monday.

Inconsiderate Ciara has woken me up!

North Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Got woken up by a squall at about 3 am not too far from Limerick city. There was lightning flashes but heard no thunder. Slept through apparent nearby lightning activity around 5 am. Wind is not a major issue at the moment but it is fairly strong and blustery.

Jpmarn wrote: »
    Got woken up by a squall at about 3 am not too far from Limerick city. There was lightning flashes but heard no thunder. Slept through apparent nearby lightning activity around 5 am. Wind is not a major issue at the moment but it is fairly strong and blustery.

What’s Limerick like now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭squarecircles

The intensity just isn't there, no violent gusts, Average windy conditions here, thought it would be much worse, hopefully we get snow later

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

What’s Limerick like now?

up at 2:30 with thunder.... up again bout 5....got a belt less than a mile away on lightnightmaps.

Strong gusts here now. Nothing extraordinary though. Raid is constant and heavy. Coffee is good. Breakfast average.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭pad199207

Very gusty in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

pad199207 wrote: »
    Very gusty in Kildare

Lashing rain too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,150 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Got pretty grim for about 5 or ten minutes in castlebar with very strong wind and rain. Eased off again now.

Really bad in Kildare with very heavy rain
    22mm since midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

20.0mm since midnight in my gauge. Winds nothing special. The odd gale gust. According to the Danish app, they should 'peak' here sometime close to noon, but holding my breath is something I shan't be doing. Going to have a coffee, and then watch a doc about Pompeii that I have been looking forward to all weekend.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭KildareP

Extremely heavy rain now for several hours. Water starting to pool on all the roads. Starting to show all the indications of the aftermath of the heavy rainfall in November 2017. There was only a single, narrow road passable in or out.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TXPTGR1

Back to bed lads , another overhyped non event brought to you by the weather hypochondriacs forum
    If you have plans don’t change them, was out driving there, it’s what in the eighties we called a wet miserable day, no more, plenty of others out, might try a game of golf myself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Bad morning in east Galway.high damaging winds and very heavy rain.lots of branches down and big closhes of water on the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Damien360

Very gusty in Kildare

Woken up at 5:15am by a huge thunder boom. Dogs going mad barking at the thunder. Just a couple of flashes and it was gone but a lot of very heavy rain with it and strong winds. Right now the wind is gusting. If it was Monday, the early commute would be a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Planes due to take off from Cork airport sitting on runway. Winds to high.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭salamander27

Just calmed down a bit here near gort after some very sustained wind and rain for at least the last hour since I woke up . Some stronger gusts shook the house a bit.

Scratch what I said before. Just went out to do the shopping and it’s unreal bad. The sounds on the bedroom window don’t do it justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

#StormCaira is trending on Twitter....is that done on purpose?!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

TXPTGR1 wrote: »
    Back to bed lads , another overhyped non event brought to you by the weather hypochondriacs forum
    If you have plans don’t change them, was out driving there, it’s what in the eighties we called a wet miserable day, no more, plenty of others out, might try a game of golf myself

What an embarrassing post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

I hope a new government will fire everyone even remotely connected to MET. Must people lose their lives before they start issuing out red warnings?

THE WORST SQUALL I HAVE EVER SEEN IN KILDARE NOW

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

The_Brood wrote: »
    I hope a new government will fire everyone even remotely connected to MET. Must people lose their lives before they start issuing out red warnings?

Best thing is to just give red warnings every day, safe out then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭anewme

THE WORST SQUALL I HAVE EVER SEEN IN KILDARE NOW

Wow, Ive just been looking out at it.

Calmed a bit already.

Advertisement