Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Ciara - Reports/Chat/Non Technical

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kevcos

The_Brood wrote: »
    I hope a new government will fire everyone even remotely connected to MET. Must people lose their lives before they start issuing out red warnings?

Sinn Fein will commence the purge in due course.

The tyrannical reign of reason is coming to an end comrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

A right battering in D24, never seen anything like it!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

pad199207 wrote: »
    THE WORST SQUALL I HAVE EVER SEEN IN KILDARE NOW

Getting that here now in Dublin 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

TXPTGR1 wrote:
    Back to bed lads , another overhyped non event brought to you by the weather hypochondriacs forum If you have plans don’t change them, was out driving there, it’s what in the eighties we called a wet miserable day, no more, plenty of others out, might try a game of golf myself

Yawwwn. Enjoy playing Tiger woods golf on your computer as it's likely the closest you'll get to real golf today.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭mobil 222

What an embarrassing post

Agree,

Especially when you see a post below him that describes how bad it is outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

TXPTGR1 wrote: »
    Back to bed lads , another overhyped non event brought to you by the weather hypochondriacs forum
    If you have plans don’t change them, was out driving there, it’s what in the eighties we called a wet miserable day, no more, plenty of others out, might try a game of golf myself

Backyard reporting. If where I am standing is fine well then so is the rest of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

51qseaZbJkL.jpg
    kevcos wrote: »
    Sinn Fein will commence the purge in due course.

The tyrannical reign of reason is coming to an end comrade.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mod Note: Do not feed trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I hope a new government will fire everyone even remotely connected to MET. Must people lose their lives before they start issuing out red warnings?

Met eireann didn't issue a red warning for this event.
    You must be following the idiots on Facebook who issue there own warnings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Getting that here now in Dublin 16.

That's the third so far in the last 3 hours.
    I would not be surprised to see higher gust's inland due to these than on the costs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

last night Met had a real deluge on their hourly prediction for around 10AM for Dublin, it just looks like a normal wet day ahead now. there is a bit of lashing against the windows. I still wouldn't want to be a hungover welsh supporter on a ferry today though :D

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

Winds howling all night here in North County Dublin. It's actually unreal here now especially with the torrential rain.

Haven't seen the likes of it in years. Should be a red warning.

Glad we dont have to go anywhere today .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Don't feed the trolls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Since I last posted there has been some severe gusts and sheets of rain in the Ballysimon area near Limerick City. All eased of since.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I'm seeing standing water where I've never seen any before...

Rugby training cancelled this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I'm in North Dublin and it's been relatively calm so far. The odd gust but nothing severe yet.

I know it's early enough for the event on the East cost but it's not even yellow territory here at the moment. Surprised to read the above post about it being red territory in North Dublin.

I'm a very light sleeper. We have a noisy house where wind is concerned and last night was uneventful thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭pad199207

Can you give details of why this warranted a red warning?

I read their orange warning last night and it's fairly accurate.

Maybe you need to understand the warnings better?

In no way judging by the posts here and weather in south Kildare, was this a red warning event.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭enricoh

Wild here in East meath, any of the other storms were non events here, but not this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭ameee

Woke up to no power in west dublin, no sunday morning fry for me

• Advertisement

Is there something missing from that video?

What's "HORRIFIC" about heavy squally rain.

We should at the very least have seen a trampoline flying into those cars.

Sensationalist nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,858 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Horrible out in Dublin 8.
    My dog giving me serious dirty looks...break in rain due in about 45/50 minutes seemingly...but hard to see it at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

What's horrific about that? Wind and rain. Once you see ALL CAPS HORRIFIC and that Virgin TV idiot tagged then you know that tweet is just wanting to get picked up by the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

It's actually getting worse here. It's really unusual because usually when windy it's bad at front or back or house but this is everywhere. Never heard the rain bouncing off the window the way it is right now.

Seriously other storms were overblown over the years certainly in Dublin but this one seems to be underrated!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

adox wrote: »
    I'm in North Dublin and it's been relatively calm so far. The odd gust but nothing severe yet.

I know it's early enough for the event on the East cost but it's not even yellow territory here at the moment. Surprised to read the above post about it being red territory in North Dublin.

I'm a very light sleeper. We have a noisy house where wind is concerned and last night was uneventful thankfully.
    I’m just beside the port. Winds were awful last night. I’m a heavy sleeper and was woken up multiple times from it and the rain. The wind has calmed down a little in the last 30 minutes but around 8am it was horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TXPTGR1

It’s the people on here in hysterics over a not that bad day who should be embarrassed
    This place is like a cult, anyone who disagrees with the narrative is a troll
    I live on west coast in one of the orange counties, beside a lake that can be prone to flooding with trees that get damaged in a real storm.
    Drove round this morning , no flooding, few puddles here and there, wind and rain not too bad, lots of people out going about there business.
    Like that video posted above is an absolute joke, it’s a bit of rain????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭Glebee

here was a 45 minute period at around 7:45am in West Offaly that I have not seen as wild in a long longtime. It was serious. Thought there was going to be serious damage done. Good job it was Sunday morning and roads were quite. Now its clam again, its amazing how localised the events seem to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

That squall line just passed through Bray a few minutes ago. Ferocious rain and wind for a couple of minutes. Back to just windy and lashing rain now.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,858 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I'm guessing parks etc will be closed today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

gmisk wrote: »
    I'm guessing parks etc will be closed today?

They are in Fingal in Dublin anyway. Got a notification last night.

Advertisement