Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Bikes Thread - Mod Note please read post #1 before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,003 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Yep I'll drop him a text.

Thanks.
    I don't mind keeping it for myself but would be good to get it to whoever owns it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Thanks.
    I don't mind keeping it for myself but would be good to get it to whoever owns it. :)

He can't lay his hands on anything right now - he's quite flippant about the whole thing. He got it from an old housemate, fairly new bike he used it to get to the gym in the mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

He can't lay his hands on anything right now - he's quite flippant about the whole thing. He got it from an old housemate, fairly new bike he used it to get to the gym in the mornings.

A lesson for everyone there. Take a pic of your serial number and email it to yourself and be sure to put subject (canyon serial number,trek serial number etc) always easy to find after the fact.

I'd be reluctant to hand it over to someone without them knowing the serial number despite what they say. Turn it into the Gardai and let whomever make a claim to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I wish my housemate would give me an S-Works.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Without trying to seem like a vulture - what happens to bikes that are unclaimed? do they go to an auction or something after a particular period of time has passed?

and further to that - whats the story if someone had claimed off their insurance for a bike they had stolen?

• Advertisement

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I wish my housemate would give me an S-Works.

We were discussing a Merida, the S-works was another :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

We were discussing a Merida, the S-works was another :)

duh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Anyone missing a full carbon cube peleton?

The guy selling this is definitely a crack head, not a hope in hell he owns this.

If it's yours pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 17 grey_man

Hi guys,

My bike was stolen from my shed in the Dublin 10 area. I only discovered that it was stolen yesterday but I estimate that it was actually stolen no more than 8 days ago.

It’s a Cube Attain GTC Carbon White/Black, size 53 frame in mint condition. There are no marks, scratches etc. anywhere on the bike. It looks exactly like the images attached to this post. It has Shimano A530 pedals and Lezyne Zecto Drive lights fitted. There is no bottle cage or pump holder fitted to the bike.

I’m posting here in the hope that somebody from boards.ie might see my bike for sale somewhere, be it online or in person, and could message me about it.

I know it’s a long shot but if anybody could keep an eye out I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 geraldo1982

Might be noting. But there is a bike selling page on Facebook. and the same two lads and posting different bikes for sale most days. As I said it might be noting but something doesn’t add up. Is called “Dublin Cycling Club & Market. (Used bikes)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 grey_man

Might be noting. But there is a bike selling page on Facebook. and the same two lads and posting different bikes for sale most days. As I said it might be noting but something doesn’t add up. Is called “Dublin Cycling Club & Market. (Used bikes)

Thanks geraldo1982! I’ll check it out.

So, browsing adverts last night looking for a cheap Fixie I came across one and sent the link to my mate to ask his opinion, turns out it was his cousins bike that had been stolen.

Long and short of it is I'm now the owner of said fixie and some little scrote has no money tonight when he thought he was getting 140quid.

Met him in town, took the bike and said 'this is my bike, it was stolen now f##k off'

The original owner had already replaced it so didnt want it back, so I've given him a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

So, browsing adverts last night looking for a cheap Fixie I came across one and sent the link to my mate to ask his opinion, turns out it was his cousins bike that had been stolen.

Long and short of it is I'm now the owner of said fixie and some little scrote has no money tonight when he thought he was getting 140quid.

Met him in town, took the bike and said 'this is my bike, it was stolen now f##k off'

The original owner had already replaced it so didnt want it back, so I've given him a few quid.
    Please do report the advert / seller on adverts.ie. All those platforms have a big responsibility for facilitating selling of stolen property.

Please do report the advert / seller on adverts.ie. All those platforms have a big responsibility for facilitating selling of stolen property.

I had a chat with one of the adverts staff, I gave him the heads up and he removed the ad and user after I got the bike

• Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Good man Jimmy :cool:

How did it go down - we want details!! :pac:

I had a chat with one of the adverts staff, I gave him the heads up and he removed the ad and user after I got the bike
    Thanks, fair play. Unfortunately, the seller will probably pop up again with a new ID, but at least you got to clear any reputation he had.

These sellers really should have higher ID requirements for sellers selling multiple bikes.

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Good man Jimmy :cool:

How did it go down - we want details!! :pac:

Tbh my plan was to just test ride the bike and cycle off, I ended up loosing some of my calm so I just took it off him and told him to **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Just dropping a line in here. Lapierre Audacio 100 swiped from my workplace on Friday evening at 5.40PM by some scrotes who watched for someone leaving and managed to slip in through the door. Park West Road, Dublin 12.

aLc75fb.jpg

Local enough to me, I'll keep an eye out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Local enough to me, I'll keep an eye out

Cheers. Last seen pelting off up towards the plaza in PW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Sorry for post but this lad again has bike up that he knows noting about. It doesn’t seem right the way he talks about the bike not even know img the basic names for the right parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,003 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Sorry for post but this lad again has bike up that he knows noting about. It doesn’t seem right the way he talks about the bike not even know img the basic names for the right parts.

Who.?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

"Dublin Cycling Club & Market" on Facebook.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

just a reminder folks, that there's to be no posting of suspicious looking ads or 'outing' suspicious sellers.
    not just because it could be libellous, it could be counterproductive if they somehow saw the ad - it could spook them and the ad and seller could disappear

Ya that’s no problem. But this lad is posting back bikes up everyday.
    just a reminder folks, that there's to be no posting of suspicious looking ads or 'outing' suspicious sellers.
    not just because it could be libellous, it could be counterproductive if they somehow saw the ad - it could spook them and the ad and seller could disappear

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Personally I would be in favour of some sort of vigilantism but, regrettably, it is the responsibility of the Gardai and the advertising site. I don't disagree with you but if your wrong it is boards.ie that gets the rap on the knuckles if a defamation suit is put forward.

Report it to the platform (adverts.ie ?) for a start.

Report it to the platform (adverts.ie ?) for a start.

I think it's facebook and they couldn't give a fiddlers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Advertisement