Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling house because of Youth problem

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭crossman47

That's exactly what someone in Tallaght would say. I don't buy it.

Thata ridiculous. Tallaght is the size of a provincial city so has good and bad areas like all of them. Have you ever even been in areas like Bancroft, belgard or Kingswood. These are normal estates with normal people in all sorts of jobs (public servants, business men, IT workers, teachers, etc, etc). Your generalisation is off the wall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

crossman47 wrote: »
    Thata ridiculous. Tallaght is the size of a provincial city so has good and bad areas like all of them. Have you ever even been in areas like Bancroft, belgard or Kingswood. These are normal estates with normal people in all sorts of jobs (public servants, business men, IT workers, teachers, etc, etc). Your generalisation is off the wall.

I wouldn't waste your time. Some people think Tallaght is some kind of warzone no go area.

And i could add at least another 10 estates/area's that are lovely spots to the excellent one's you mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

crossman47 wrote: »
    Thata ridiculous. Tallaght is the size of a provincial city so has good and bad areas like all of them. Have you ever even been in areas like Bancroft, belgard or Kingswood. These are normal estateswith normal people in all sorts of jobs (public servants, business men, IT workers, teachers, etc, etc). Your generalisation is off the wall.

Exactly . as are Old Bawn , Kilnamanagh , etc .Some People only see what the trashy newspapers write about Tallaght . Living in my area are nurses, teachers, Firefighters , Gardaí , Managers , retired civil servants, and all living in harmony and supporting schools etc just like normal everyday other people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Exactly . as are Old Bawn , Kilnamanagh , etc .Some People only see what the trashy newspapers write about Tallaght . Living in my area are nurses, teachers, Firefighters , Gardaí , Managers , retired civil servants, and all living in harmony and supporting schools etc just like normal everyday other people

Echo that, assume the OP was living in West Tallaght area where there are a high number of "marginalised"scumbags. I work in Citywest so know the area well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Had to bring a child to the Affidea clinic near the square in Tallaght. Christ what a hole. Junkie zombies stumbling around the whole area. Nearly as bad as Parnell square.

I know Tallaght a little bit. Never lived there but a college friend grew up there. Drank in the Cuckoos nest a good few times.

My two cents. It does indeed have some very nice parts. But the crap parts are really crap and there’s a lot of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Bio Mech wrote: »
    Had to bring a child to the Affidea clinic near the square in Tallaght. Christ what a hole. Junkie zombies stumbling around the whole area. Nearly as bad as Parnell square.

I know Tallaght a little bit. Never lived there but a college friend grew up there. Drank in the Cuckoos nest a good few times.

My two cents. It does indeed have some very nice parts. But the crap parts are really crap and there’s a lot of them.

You've just described Dublin if not the entire country.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Bio Mech wrote: »

Funnily enough I had to go to the Affidea clinic in Tallaght too recently . I saw nothing like you did , just people coming off the LUAS , some going to the Square , some to the library and some to the Civic Theatre . Not a junkie in sight actually

Ps . And some kids from the apartments playing on new scooters and bikes with their parents . Just ordinary life really

• Registered Users Posts: 10,552 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

You've just described Dublin if not the entire country.

Not according to some on here.

The tide is turning…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

I find a couple bags of potato cubes or wedges from SuperValu solves a lot of these issues. The kids are happy to receive them and they'll key another person's car the next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,249 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I find a couple bags of potato cubes or wedges from SuperValu solves a lot of these issues. The kids are happy to receive them and they'll key another person's car the next time.

So, arm the Gardaí with potato wedges and cubes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

So.... Extortion?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Feel for the OP and also the next person who is going to try to live there and for any other decent families in the Estate.

It shows the problem with making Estates half private/ half social.

Usually one side wins out and it's usually pulled down rather than rise up.

Does it really make a person a snob for not wanting to buy in an area with a large number of social houses? People are just trying to avoid what happened to OP.

I'm not really buying the marginalised victims either, maybe the ones who wrecked Lidl in Fortunestown only did it because they were hungry?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

The furthest them lot go is the square. You'd walk it in 15 minutes. Not a worry for them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Same thing happened with Tesco delivery drivers. Russell Square seems to be particularly bad.

Ard Mor & Mac Uiliam don't get a thing delivered up there including post as far as i know. Those two and Russell Square which is right next to them are absolute fcuking dumps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Meanwhile, 5 mins up the road...

7-AE1-CAFD-D831-498-C-8-AF6-4-BE0-DB42-AB28.jpg

Smashing estate. Had a ramble around it the weekend. Literally a minutes walk to the luas stop

Wont be long before the theft rates are on the rise unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Ard Mor & Mac Uiliam don't get a thing delivered up there including post as far as i know. Those two and Russell Square which is right next to them are absolute fcuking dumps

Was just thinking this whole thread was about one of them.

Strange, I've lived in various parts of tallaght for a few years over my life and never had a bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Right you are.
    https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/postal-services-suspended-mac-uilliam-16466425

• Advertisement

Them two i mentioned have only got really bad over the last 15 years. An EMT was telling me a couple of years back that their Ambulance was smashed up attending a call

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

The entire thread is about people from a low income background. It can be dressed up with terms like "social housing estates" and all that but it's pretty clear what people are really getting at. Marganlised yes. Who represents them in the media? Who advocates on their behalf? When things go tits up at the top who suffers? It's always those are the bottom that suffer.

The building I live in in D24 suffered €1.6 million damage thanks to these poor suffering marginalised people. Biggest mistake of my life moving there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

salt of da earth

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The entire thread is about people from a low income background. It can be dressed up with terms like "social housing estates" and all that but it's pretty clear what people are really getting at. Marganlised yes. Who represents them in the media? Who advocates on their behalf? When things go tits up at the top who suffers? It's always those are the bottom that suffer.

I'm from a low income backgroud and grew up in a socioeconomically disadvantaged area (not in Dublin) and don't feel insulted or offended by any of the comments on this thread because neither I nor my family are scumbags.

Judge people on their character and behaviour rather than excusing them because their circumstances.
    Plenty of people grow up in areas like this without breaking the law, terrorising their neighbours and causing a negative atmosphere.
    We should all be held to the same standard regardless of upbringing and anyone who purposely intimidates & harasses their innocent neighbours are total scumbags, imo. No excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Ye i didn't want to mention that Deebs ;)

A lot of our African friends also

I'm not being racist but it does seem to be almost all black people and travellers that live there.

Ush1 wrote: »
    I'm not being racist but it does seem to be almost all black people and travellers that live there.

With some junkies and scumbags thrown in also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

The building I live in in D24 suffered €1.6 million damage thanks to these poor suffering marginalised people. Biggest mistake of my life moving there.

1.6m in damages, would you get a grip. .

You'd build 5 houses for that. Talk about bs. :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

So this is now a Tallaght bashing thread basically?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Jizique

pinkyeye wrote: »
    1.6m in damages, would you get a grip. .

You'd build 5 houses for that. Talk about bs. :D:D:D:D

Presumably it’s an apartment complex

Advertisement