Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amber Heard admits to beating up Johnny Depp

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Raconteuse wrote: »
    :(

On the cusp of Gemini though.
    Worst of both worlds.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Actually, if you really want to believe in that crap, ye are both wrong, as according to NASA, she would now be an Aries: https://www.inverse.com/article/21990-how-to-find-new-zodiac-sign

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Actually, if you really want to believe in that crap, ye are both wrong, as according to NASA, she would now be an Aries: https://www.inverse.com/article/21990-how-to-find-new-zodiac-sign
    No she is taurus. Nasa know nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

No she is taurus. Nasa know nothing.

They’re as good as anyone to ask about random patterns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

And still the crazy twitter feminists defend her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Ironicname wrote: »
    It is absolutely not bullying to call out your disgusting attitude for what it is.

The fact that you think it is speaks volumes.

You think that telling vast swathes of people who you know zero about their situation to man up is perfectly acceptable, yet you call it bullying when people rightly tell you that your outlook is appalling and that it reflects badly on you.

Victimhood complex is only acceptable for you it seems, everyone else is a "snowflake" who needs to grow a pair.

You seem to have a long history of accusing people of things and trying to start arguments... why don’t you get outside today and go for a walk, clear your mind

• Registered Users Posts: 16,377 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Larbre34 wrote: »
    You simply cannot conflate persistent chronic lower level domestic abuse by either partner with a single, horrific and thankfully rare incident of infanticide by a woman obviously suffering mental health issues beyond the comprehension of the average person.

If it was a man he would rightly be called an alleged murderer, the double standard here is sickening.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

But how does she look like a woman who has issues with men?
    Well there were accusations of abuse in one of her previous relationships with a woman, so it seems she's just prone to resorting to aggression regardless of the gender involved.

I'd be no fan of Depp, and in this case it does seem like there was a pair of them in it, but with Depp's previous relationships, most of them long term enough for Hollywood there wasn't the sniff of this kinda thing from him. Indeed his exes have supported him, including the wife who he left for Heard.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Amber hurt more like

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

anewme wrote: »
    And this is why men feel compelled to say nothing when impacted by domestic abuse.

Exactly right. I've been through this. The reaction from everyone is that "you're a bloke, you're bigger than her, she can't actually hurt you." Even my mates sort of dismissed it as one of those things.

The attitude towards domestic abuse against men is an absolute disgrace. It focuses purely on the physical aspect of the damage and not on the emotional impact of it.

Women are so much better than men at highlighting wrongs against their gender. Women have done a brilliant job of righting the wrongs of domestic and sexual abuse against them amongst other things. For some reason, broadly speaking, men are just as complicit in allowing stuff like this to go unhighlighted as women.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

If it was a man he would rightly be called an alleged murderer, the double standard here is sickening.

In my job, some of the girls said the other day "I don't trust the dad. He had the photo out too soon and he's been too visible in the media. Like a woman wouldn't do that unless there was something going on. I don't trust him."

Based on what we know at this point I was astounded. Undoubtedly this sort of situation is more shocking when a woman does it but the double standard is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Wibbs wrote: »
    Well there were accusations of abuse in one of her previous relationships with a woman, so it seems she's just prone to resorting to aggression regardless of the gender involved.
    Oh I don't disagree, but that poster said she looks like a woman who has issues with men. Literally "looks like" - from a photograph. :p

Just wondering how they could come to such an absurd conclusion.

"I dunno, I feel bad for saying this but she kind of looks like a woman who is with a man but doesn't actually like men. God, it's awful but I feel like I've seen women like her a lot and I think they get unhappy and vindictive. 
    I look at her and I see someone hot, but there be sharks boys" - wtf? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Oh I don't disagree, but that poster said she looks like a woman who has issues with men. Literally "looks like" - from a photograph. :pac:

That was the way I read it initially too. That it was just based on looks. Especially as his last comment referenced her physical appearance.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    You simply cannot conflate persistent chronic lower level domestic abuse by either partner with a single, horrific and thankfully rare incident of infanticide by a woman obviously suffering mental health issues beyond the comprehension of the average person.
    I never found evidence of abuse by him - just speculation - and why couldn't he have been experiencing severe mental health issues?
    DeanAustin wrote: »
    In my job, some of the girls said the other day "I don't trust the dad. He had the photo out too soon and he's been too visible in the media. Like a woman wouldn't do that unless there was something going on. I don't trust him.".
    :mad:

Fuq people who say that kind of stuff.

My heart hurts for that poor man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Wibbs wrote: »

I'd be no fan of Depp, and in this case it does seem like there was a pair of them in it, but with Depp's previous relationships, most of them long term enough for Hollywood there wasn't the sniff of this kinda thing from him. Indeed his exes have supported him, including the wife who he left for Heard.

Can I just say that prior to yesterday’s admission, the accusations against Heard didn’t amount to more than the accusations Heard made against Depp. Heard was arrested for hitting her ex-partner but the charges were dropped and her partner said she had been wrongfully accused. Before yesterday, if one were to believe Heard was more violent than Depp, they wouldn’t have had much to go on. A dropped charge and that was it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

Sawduck wrote: »
    And still the crazy twitter feminists defend her

It's highlighting the problems with #BelieveWomen, #MeToo, and similar hashtag movements. When a woman turns out to be an abuser and a liar, the cognitive dissonance is too overwhelming for many.

Men can abuse women. Women can also abuse men. Domestic abuse exists in same-sex relationships, too.

We need to rethink the entire narrative around domestic abuse so that every victim gets the support he or she needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Sarcozies

Looking at all the politicians canvassing and I was thinking - if you're running for election, it's mutually beneficial to both society and the candidate to speak on domestic violence against women. The opposite is actually not the case.

If you are to bring up these statistics in the thread and about the general lack of awareness that men can be victims and the lack of any real interest in addressing the problem you're actually taking a gamble as a politician. That's the ****ed up environment activists are fighting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

LillySV wrote:
    You seem to have a long history of accusing people of things and trying to start arguments... why don’t you get outside today and go for a walk, clear your mind

I really don't.

I just asked if you were a man or a woman out of pure curiousity.

I don't want to argue with you. I just find your attitude abhorrent. There is no argument there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Oh I don't disagree, but that poster said she looks like a woman who has issues with men. Literally "looks like" - from a photograph. :p

Could be along the same lines as when someone is caught as a paedophile. Nearly everyone says the same thing, "shur look at it, you'd know he's a paedo", or "you can tell he was a rapist". Having a quick Google, one could easily say that there's something in her eyes, she's distant looking or you could tell there's something going on behind those eyes. If she lived a happy life without any drama, that's all it would amount to, but now that it's coming out that she's physically violent in relationships, the connection can be made and people can then make these assumptions.

Just my 2c. Anyone who abuses the person they're supposed to love, be it physical or mental, is a scumbag, simple as.

Could be along the same lines as when someone is caught as a paedophile. Nearly everyone says the same thing, "shur look at it, you'd know he's a paedo", or "you can tell he was a rapist". Having a quick Google, one could easily say that there's something in her eyes, she's distant looking or you could tell there's something going on behind those eyes. If she lived a happy life without any drama, that's all it would amount to, but now that it's coming out that she's physically violent in relationships, the connection can be made and people can then make these assumptions.

Just my 2c. Anyone who abuses the person they're supposed to love, be it physical or mental, is a scumbag, simple as.

That’s true. Heard is a top-tier Beautiful PersonTM. No way in hell would anyone think there was anything off about her if this didn’t come out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭creditcarder

"I dunno, I feel bad for saying this but she kind of looks like a woman who is with a man but doesn't actually like men. God, it's awful but I feel like I've seen women like her a lot and I think they get unhappy and vindictive.
    I look at her and I see someone hot, but there be sharks boys" - wtf? :pac:

Hahhahaah! yup ;)

I dunno tbh. I feel like it's a bit of a harsh femeninitey or something. I have a lot of girls come to my house for work and I feel like I have picked up a sixth sense in regards to women to watch out for. You know, to see if they 'ask to pay me later', if they will get overly attached during the conversation, or just be a bit of a ****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Wonder will she be charged with making false accusations. One can only hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

She probably got sick of seeing him play the same character in every film he's in

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Hahhahaah! yup ;)

I dunno tbh. I feel like it's a bit of a harsh femeninitey or something. I have a lot of girls come to my house for work and I feel like I have picked up a sixth sense in regards to women to watch out for. You know, to see if they 'ask to pay me later', if they will get overly attached during the conversation, or just be a bit of a ****.

No idea what you mean by ask to pay me later? What work are they doing?

Could be along the same lines as when someone is caught as a paedophile. Nearly everyone says the same thing, "shur look at it, you'd know he's a paedo", or "you can tell he was a rapist".
    Yep, probably something like that all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    She probably got sick of seeing him play the same character in every film he's in

I wonder how people would take that comment if he was beating her. Not well, I'd assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

It's worth noting that comic and friend of Depp, Doug Stanhope, always publically defended Depp and thought Heard's claim were bogus.

From Howard Stern...

Dicussion on JRE

It's worth noting that comic and friend of Depp, Doug Stanhope, always publically defended Depp and thought Heard's claim were bogus.

Doesn’t that make him partial though, being a friend? It’s academic at this point because we know more now but prior to the recent revelations, I gotta say a friend saying about somebody “He/she is a top person” or whatever isn’t hugely convincing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

I just googled her there. Man, she looks like a real piece of work. No, not digging it at all at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

tritium wrote: »
    You do get that 29% of women and 26% of men suffer domestic abuse in Ireland right? You do realize that the funding is about €20m in one case and under a million in the other right?

These are COSCs statistics

• 15% of women and 6% of men suffer severe domestic abuse
    • 29% of women and 26% of men suffer domestic abuse when severe abuse and minor incidents are combined
    • 13% of women and 13% of men suffer physical abuse or minor physical incidents and
    • 29% of women (1 in 3) and only 5% of men (1 in 20) report to the Gardaí.

The 1 in 20 men reporting stat doesn’t surprise me in the slightest when I read posts like yours

What's the COSCs? And where is the back up for this? I don't believe it.

Advertisement