Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Churchlands Delgany Development

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Cheeseplant

lfen wrote: »
    I had registered on eastmount.ie and got a call to say they were going on sale earlier than expected, Dec 11th. They gave me the pricing over the phone so can’t share, sorry.

Would be interested to know how many sold so if you get any info you might share? Thanks!

I'm also registered on eastmount site and got no notification that they were going on sale!

• Administrators Posts: 53,384 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'm also registered on eastmount site and got no notification that they were going on sale!

They may have only contacted the first x people on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Cheeseplant

You’ll get info via the portal at eastmount.sherryfitz.ie

registered but no info on pricelist. can you post the 4 bed price please?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

registered but no info on pricelist. can you post the 4 bed price please?

I had only asked about a 3 bed, sorry. They will give you pricing if you call I’m sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

I had only asked about a 3 bed, sorry. They will give you pricing if you call I’m sure.

What are they quoting for a 3 bed if you dont mind me asking?

Also they seem to have a large number of house variants. I'm seeing 10!?

• Advertisement

What are they quoting for a 3 bed if you dont mind me asking?

Also they seem to have a large number of house variants. I'm seeing 10!?

470k for a 3 bed!!

470k for a 3 bed!!

Very strong money, especially considering the 435k price of churchfield down the road in a better location. Interested to see how they sell

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

The boom is back baby! What could possibly go wrong??

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rockford1

thenewguys wrote: »
    We both a semi d in the first phase, and were told August/September for completion although all seems to be moving very slowly, especially when you look at Eastmount...

Any update on how things are progressing? Are the foundations down yet? Hopefully they will be completed on time given the weather hasn't been too bad

Popped down last weekend and can’t see any clear progress since we visited two months ago.

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed there will be some visible progression soon. Would be nice to see the layout.

Also, quick tip for anyone buying through the bank. We had our mortgage approval sorted but Sherry Fitz referred me to their finance guy who I rang for a chat. He was able to rearrange the mortgage for my hubby and I buy shopping around all the lenders for us. The new mortgage is €139 cheaper per month!!! Much quicker and easier this time round too. Worth a shot given there's no time pressure.

Mod note: Please do not post mobile phone numbers.
    Thank you

Rockford1 wrote: »
    Any update on how things are progressing? Are the foundations down yet? Hopefully they will be completed on time given the weather hasn't been too bad

It's Wood Group so they will almost certainly not be completed on time.

Thanks for your input there. How ridiculous of me to assume they might be built on time...

It would seem you have expert knowledge on WoodGroup timelines. Enlighten me...

Rockford1 wrote: »
    Thanks for your input there. How ridiculous of me to assume they might be built on time...

It would seem you have expert knowledge on WoodGroup timelines. Enlighten me...

Wood Group are very good and very helpful if you have any issues after moving in, but take their timelines with a pinch of salt.

In Seagreen they are pretty much consistently 3-6 months behind schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

pixbyjohn wrote: »

PixbyJohn can time travel? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 thenewguys

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    by , on Flickr

I see bricks, finally some movement!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

awec wrote: »
    In Seagreen they are pretty much consistently 3-6 months behind schedule.

It is the same with most developers, I think it is a deliberate tactic to ensure that the buyer does not hold them up.

2011 wrote: »
    It is the same with most developers, I think it is a deliberate tactic to ensure that the buyer does not hold them up.

Yea they always underestimate.

Woods are also relatively flexible in what they let you change during the build too, which definitely slows things down.

In Waverly they are really rigid, pretty much no modifications allowed at all. That said Waverly were also really behind schedule so who knows! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Fastnet2020

In terms of Woods being flexible, we were advised by SF that NO structural changes could be made on this as Woods are keen to build them as quickly as possible...anyone else experience that? Also, crossing fingers for a reasonable completion date

• Advertisement

In terms of Woods being flexible, we were advised by SF that NO structural changes could be made on this as Woods are keen to build them as quickly as possible...anyone else experience that? Also, crossing fingers for a reasonable completion date

No developer will let you make structural changes. Would take way too long.

You can change things like moving radiators, putting in extra sockets, changing the kitchen to a different one etc. Usually they'll send you the list of contractors before first fix and you can get in contact with each of them to request changes.

FYI - Prices for Eastmount are now on Daft. 3 bed semi starting from €485k lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2 johnny.d

FYI - Prices for Eastmount are now on Daft. 3 bed semi starting from €485k lol

Think we got a bargain in Churchlands!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 johnny.d

Has anyone seen the development recently. Is there any more visible progress??

johnny.d wrote: »

You did indeed! Much nicer kitchens in Churchlands too, really not a fan of the ones they went with in Eastmount. Will be interesting to see how quickly they move.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Fastnet2020

Went up earlier for a look, hard to say whether much has been done tbh, foundations are down so fingers crossed for a "summer" move in! Are there many left, do you know?

Went up earlier for a look, hard to say whether much has been done tbh, foundations are down so fingers crossed for a "summer" move in! Are there many left, do you know?

For those who bought off plans, what kind of timetable/details did you get?

Just spoke to the agent there any he was very unhelpful and sketchy on any kind of details.

Just spoke to the agent there any he was very unhelpful and sketchy on any kind of details.

It’s a sellers market, as such estate agents couldn’t give a cr@p
    johnny.d wrote: »

The boom is back!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

might be longer, I'm in a similar development within a 5 minute drive. our house had started block work (first floor) at the end of January and it was mid-October when we got in and we had pretty good weather that year, this year's been atrocious. Hopefully you'll be quicker anyways and this is be no means an exact timeline :)

• Advertisement

2011 wrote: »
    It’s a sellers market, as such estate agents couldn’t give a cr@p

The boom is back!

He seemed almost annoyed to be taking calls about it. I wonder if the developers are being sketchy with details and he's getting tetchy being asked about them.

Basically the sitemap may or may not resemble the finished estate, most of the different house designs may or may not be built, and the second phase will only go ahead when enough people have bought off plans. Is this normal?

Advertisement