Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No right wing alternative= No alternative

Options
  • 22-01-2020 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

One thing that strikes me about this election is the idea people are voting for change well their really isn't any!.

All left left left and more left parties.

Not one mainstream party in Ireland is even remotely right so how can you have choice if what you vote for is all the same?.

Not a cigarette papers worth of difference between

Fine Gael/ Fianna Fail/ Greens/People before profit/Sinn Fein/Labour etc etc
    For example
    They all support the EU
    they all support abortion,
    all support mass immigration into Ireland (in fact won't discuss it at all under any circumstances)
    Not one will ask for public referendum on issues
    Refuse to acknowledge billions so far has been spent on direct provision centres while the downtrodden poor Irish people die on the streets
    Refuse to question the money doctors get from pharmaceutical firms,
    refuse to acknowledge the billions Ireland has in oil and gas etc etc etc

They are all basically the same, left leaning gombeens lining their own pockets making fools of the general public.

Worst is them hardcore Marxist parties that come out with stupid names like People before profit or Anti Austerity alliance, amazed such newspeak buzzword simplicity works on people.
    All mindless leftie nonsense.

The only right wing party in Ireland I can think of is the National party and they are tiny and will never ever get media coverage. Not that I agree with them on everything a few bits.

(sigh waits for the mindless screaming of racist this and that)

I like some right wing policies ie

Small accountable government.

Pro life- Believe it or not some people believe life is still sacred

Look after our own citizens first, if we can't look after our own how can we possibly look after tens of thousands of other people?.

A return to our own heritage. This is something often over looked in Ireland, we need to value our history culture and language. Easier said than done in a country where the vast majority of people don't speak the native tongue in fact openly desipise and dismiss it but we can make a start.

Hate to see Ireland become a meaningless vassel state to the EU which all mainstream parties support as they will not question the EU on anything!.

So with no right wing alternative how is this General Election offering ANY alternative?.

Bit of a joke if you ask me. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

You don't know what right wing and left wing actually mean.

One thing that strikes me about this election is the idea people are voting for change well their really isn't any!.

All left left left and more left parties.

Not one mainstream party in Ireland is even remotely right so how can you have choice if what you vote for is all the same?.

Not a cigarette papers worth of difference between

For example
    They all support the EU
    all support mass immigration into Ireland (in fact won't discuss it at all under any circumstances)
    Refuse to acknowledge billions so far has been spent on direct provision centres while the downtrodden poor Irish people die on the streets

They are all basically the same, left leaning gombeens lining their own pockets making fools of the general public.

Worst is them hardcore Marxist parties that come out with stupid names like People before profit or Anti Austerity alliance, amazed such newspeak buzzword simplicity works on people.
    All mindless leftie nonsense.

The only right wing party in Ireland I can think of is the National party and they are tiny and will never ever get media coverage. Not that I agree with them on everything a few bits.

Small accountable government.

Pro life- Believe it or not some people believe life is still sacred

Look after our own citizens first, if we can't look after our own how can we possibly look after tens of thousands of other people?.

A return to our own heritage. This is something often over looked in Ireland, we need to value our history culture and language. Easier said than done in a country where the vast majority of people don't speak the native tongue in fact openly desipise and dismiss it but we can make a start.

Hate to see Ireland become a meaningless vassel state to the EU which all mainstream parties support as they will not question the EU on anything!.

So with no right wing alternative how is this General Election offering ANY alternative?.

Bit of a joke if you ask me. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

There's no demand. It's been tried down the years - and is still being tried now - from Renua to Libertas to Anontú, people don't want to vote for these cranks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,989 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its not a right wing country although I feel some SF supporters intersect with RW ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭circadian

There's no demand. It's been tried down the years - and is still being tried now - from Renua to Libertas to Anontú, people don't want to vote for these cranks.

Let's not forget the National Party.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

always curious why Renua get such hate on boards and elsewhere.
    They promise to support the working person , better public spend , intolerance of the dole lifers and champions of free speech. what isn't there too like.

I like them but they lack personalities - the original heavyweights have fcuked off when the revolution didn't happen :(

people may bring up their stance on abortion while i'm pro life myself I'd find it hard to write off a party on a single issue esp since that horse has bolted for the foreseeable .Also I'm pro drugs which they aren't but I can't win them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Anontu are more left than right.
    A stance on family value and abortion doesn't make one automatically on the right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

You don't know what right wing and left wing actually mean.

Suppose your a self appointed expert? Do enlighten me so.

Or you cant even bother with a legitimate response?.

Let me ask you and be honest here

Is there a genuine Right alternative or vote in Ireland??.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

You mean eg
    Sorry to be a grammar Nazi.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,240 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

thankfully there is no call for such an alternative.

rob316 wrote: »
    Its not a right wing country although I feel some SF supporters intersect with RW ideas.
    That's absolutely true.
    Sinn Fein control the 'ethnonationalist space' in the Republic of Ireland and they dissipate some of its worst features.

• Advertisement

paw patrol wrote: »
    A stance on family value and abortion doesn't make one automatically on the right

Fair play, hadn't actually looked too deep into them outside of the anti-abortion thing. Seems they'll economically left but socially right-wing.

100% true and I don't believe they stand for 'family values' in the American sense. They are against abortion - but what are they supposed to do about it now?
    Fair play, hadn't actually looked too deep into them outside of the anti-abortion thing. Seems they'll economically left but socially right-wing.
    Perhaps we could say left wing and socially conservative; there's no but.

rob316 wrote: »

Absolutely. That's why you sometimes seem this big disconnect between their grassroots and supporters and leadership - as with the Paddy Holohan thing.

It's was a big headache for the leadership, but the majority or Sinn Fein supporters I saw at least were defending him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

They pop up every few years and never get a significant amount of votes because the vast majority of the country have no time for a full-on right wing party.

The right wing believe that the better you do the more you should get; the left believe in share and share alike.

That's what it means. You're mixing it up with conservative an liberal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭Cordell

On the far ends of the spectrum left and right do overlap on many issues like nationalism (the xenophobic kind) and totalitarianism - as in telling people what they can and can't do and think, including abortion and same sex marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,554 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Not from me.

What I will say is that you're hopelessly misinformed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,019 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

This is it. The parties are there but the people don't vote for them. They have the same challenges as any other new party but they just don't get the votes. If they got the votes, they would be mainstream.

This isn't a Conspiracy against the right. It's just voters not choosing to vote for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

For example
    They all support the EU

We had a referendum on abortion very recently. Did you miss it?

Cordell wrote: »
    On the far ends of the spectrum left and right do overlap on many issues like nationalism (the xenophobic kind) and totalitarianism - as in telling people what they can and can't do and think, including abortion and same sex marriage.
    What does that even mean?
    There are left authoritarians and right authoritarians and there are left liberals and right liberals.

Left and right are about whether you believe in share and share alike or the better you do the more you get ; and the balance between them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭banie01

We had a referendum on abortion very recently. Did you miss it?

I think the OP may believe that the pro-life anti baby killing Catholic majority did... ;)

Or they were tricked into supporting it by the nasty MSM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭Cordell

What does that even mean?
    There are left authoritarians and right authoritarians and there are left liberals and right liberals.

Left and right are about whether you believe in share and share alike or the better you do the more you get ; and the balance between them.

I was only referring to the far left and far right, not the moderate ones. And the fact that many bad ideas are common to both far left and far right (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_theory)

thankfully there is no call for such an alternative.

Bit fascist of you eh 'Thankfully no alternative'.

I'd like to think people can and should have choice rather than have no choice!.

Choice is desperately important actually.

Thankfully you aren't in charge, everyone must agree on everything.

Yes there is a desire for it,

I can assure you.

People the length of Ireland once they find out billions of taxpayers money spent on direct provision and billions more to be spent on it they question more and want REAL change.

They simply never hear of it from the brainwashing media or all the left leaning parties.
    Most simply don't know!.

I'd like to think people can and should have choice rather than have no choice!.

I can assure you.

People the length of Ireland once they find out billions of taxpayers money spent on direct provision and billions more to be spent on it they question more and want REAL change.

They simply never hear of it from the brainwashing media or all the left leaning parties.
    Most simply don't know!.

I dont remember saying that people should not have a choice. can you quote where i said that? what i said was very simple to understand. it comprises two parts. One part is there is no demand for right wing parties in ireland. the second part is that i am thankful that this is the case. Do i need to explain anything further to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭banie01

banie01 wrote: »
    I think the OP may believe that the pro-life anti baby killing Catholic majority did... ;)

Or they were tricked into supporting it by the nasty MSM.

Most simply don't know!

Not gonna gloat and say I called this!
    But!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,554 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

banie01 wrote: »
    Not gonna gloat and say I called this!
    But!!! :D

We're a few posts away from George Soros, globalists and chemtrails aren't we? Whatcha reckon? Before lunch?

I dont remember saying that people should not have a choice. can you quote where i said that? what i said was very simple to understand. it comprises two parts. One part is there is no demand for right wing parties in ireland. the second part is that i am thankful that this is the case. Do i need to explain anything further to you?

No it's very clear to me.

Praising having no alternative.

Which proves you don't like choice in political matters maybe not shouldn't have it but you are happy people DON'T have it.:rolleyes:

No it's very clear to me.

Praising having no alternative.

Which proves you don't like choice in political matters maybe not shouldn't have it but you are happy people DON'T have it.:rolleyes:

well it obviously isn't very clear to you as again you have not bothered to read the post you quoted. please quote where i said that i am happy that people do not have choice. in your own time.

Where do you stand on the rich?

I can assure you.

Most simply don't know!.

• Advertisement

Satire is alive and well. Hence I'll award you 3/10.

satire requires wit and intelligence.

Advertisement