Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Vs Charmed

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Buffy by a country mile.... Really doesn't get enough credit in my opinion for how good it was in parts for a young adult show although I fear it would be quite dated now..... I agree that Angel was that bit better again........ It also had an impressively bleak ending for TV series (I'm aware they're are comics that are probably still going but I think it ended with Angel)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Rikand wrote: »
    Charmed had the better theme song though

I don’t think Buffy could have had an actual song as it’s opening theme. killer opening theme.

The guy who sung the Charmed theme song later married a carrot and on a ride on lawnmower, pushed a pig into a hydro dam

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I don’t think Buffy could have had an actual song as it’s opening theme. killer opening theme.

The guy who sung the Charmed theme song later married a carrot and on a ride on lawnmower, pushed a pig into a hydro dam

There's a sentence I thought I'd never read, right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Troyaferd

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Penn

tenor.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Lyan

That was beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 28,863 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Troyaferd wrote: »
    nothing particular, why?

Just a random offsite poll out of nowhere usually means someone's doing research or something. Though what research would be done for these shows now, I don't know. So just seemed strange

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just a random offsite poll out of nowhere usually means someone's doing research or something. Though what research would be done for these shows now, I don't know. So just seemed strange

I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

500344.jpeg
    :confused:
    A vocal advocate of animal welfare and animal rights issues,[297] Morrissey has been a vegetarian since the age of 11.[303] He has explained his vegetarianism by saying that "if you love animals, obviously it doesn't make sense to hurt them".[304] Morrissey announced in 2015 that he is a vegan. He spoke of difficulties transitioning from vegetarianism to veganism.[305] In a 2018 interview, Morrissey stated that he "refuse to eat anything that had a mother" but has always had difficulties with food, stating that he only eats bread, potatoes, pasta, and nuts despite the increasing availability of more varied vegan food than ever before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

Why is the poll not part of the thread. I presume you can still add a poll to a thread.

• Advertisement

brian_t wrote: »
    Why is the poll not part of the thread. I presume you can still add a poll to a thread.

Because you can ask only one question in the thread poll and I wanted to ask several ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Wasnt Angel from Galway and got bit down the Claddagh by a vampire slut? How history repeats itself!!

500344.jpeg

I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Considering how big a fan of Buffy I am, I'm pretty sure I haven't watched Angel in it's entirety. I thought the first season was really poor, Buffy season 1 poor. Think I jumped back in towards the end. Maybe some day I'll go fill in the gaps.

You should, its excellent, it goes from strength to strength with each season.

My main complaint about Angel would be Connor

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'd also recommend giving Angel a watch. I ended up liking it more than Buffy.

There's a channel on Youtube, Passion of the Nerd, that has been reviewing old episodes of Buffy and Angel. I'd recommend it for fans of either show as he offers an interesting perspective on the episodes. Here's his argument for why Angel is worth a look:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Spike stole the show in both Buffy and Angel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

Buffy. Hands down the best show.

Faith was one of the best characters too.

I liked the first/second seasons of Angel but I will never forgive them for Angel's uber annoying son or for the whole Angel mooning over Cordelia while she ascended to a higher being crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

When it was on season 2 devastated me
    tsunami
    from then on on I used videotape (vhs video like) the show and watched it when the series was over. Binged on alcohol and buffy.
    when Buffy died in 5 I never watched it, taped season 6 and then watched it. That was a long summer.
    It ruled my life at one point
    Angel was good but dull in comparison

It's a fantastic tv show but probably means more to me than most

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I liked Connor, his whole birth to immediate threat was handled superbly, and it was an excellent revenge outcome for Holtz on Angel. The whole entirety of Angel is a revolving door of bringing the team together and making them strong and then throwing a spanner in the works and breaking them up. It created great drama and some great storylines, especially the last 2 seasons..

Wesley's entire story arc is the best there has been from the whole Buffy/Angel verse and hes one of my favourite characters from TV to this date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

May I ask what the poll is for?
    nothing particular, why?

Why didn't you set up a poll on Boards, rather than linking to a poll on a different website?

Why didn't you set up a poll on Boards, rather than linking to a poll on a different website?

Because on the boards you can ask only one question.

And what's your own opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

It's not even close. Buffy was better in every single way. It's underrated these days. Some of the best episodes ever of television. The one that always sticks in my mind is "The Body" - you know the one. Have any of the other shows that get talked about as being "the best ever" ever had an episode that dealt with bereavement and grief in such a devastating and genuine way?

Brilliant show. Fantastic writing, great characters, great mix of horror and comedy. One of the all time great shows. Best intro music ever as well.

All I can say for Charmed is that Alyssa Milano was a fine, fine thing.

And what's your own opinion?

Buffy. Personally I find Charmed unwatchable.

Arghus wrote: »
    All I can say for Charmed is that Alyssa Milano was a fine, fine thing.

:confused: wasn't she the worst of them all?

I'm guessing he's not referring to her acting ability

I'm guessing he's not referring to her acting ability

me too, but I don't get what he means then.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,545 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

No comparison, Buffy is my favourite tv show of all time. It's aged really really well also. I look for other shows that sound similar but none have lived up to that greatness :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement